|By PR Newswire||
|June 4, 2008 09:00 AM EDT||
BURLINGTON, Mass., June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Veracode Inc., the world's leader for on-demand application security testing solutions, announced today that IDG's InfoWorld, the leading integrated media brand for IT decision makers, has named Veracode CTO Chris Wysopal as one of InfoWorld's Top 25 Chief Technology Officers for 2008.
Every year since 2001, InfoWorld has honored senior IT executives who have demonstrated leadership within their companies and in the IT community. The InfoWorld CTO 25 feature story, including reporting and analysis, appears online at http://www.infoworld.com/5265.
"This year's honorees showed how a savvy CTO can make a huge difference in leading their business to success, whether in creating a world-class product or making a critical business priority happen the right way," said Galen Gruman, executive editor of InfoWorld. "We were struck by how the best CTOs combined solid, strategic technology thinking with management prowess to make their successes happen."
Chris directly oversees Veracode's security research group, but his responsibilities go beyond just research. He is responsible for defining and measuring the accuracy of Veracode's software security analysis, which is based on two important technologies -- automated security testing and binary code analysis -- he helped develop while working in previous positions.
"Since Veracode was launched just over a year ago, Chris has been instrumental in helping shape the company into the leader in on-demand application security testing solutions," said Matt Moynahan, Veracode CEO. "Years before co-founding Veracode, Chris had been setting the groundwork for the innovation of binary analysis. Thanks to his work, this technology has come to fruition and is now seen as invaluable for application security."
Veracode is the only company that allows for a final security audit before software ships or is deployed, because it looks at the code the same way a machine might execute it or a hacker would attack it. This is only possible with a technology based on binary analysis.
Scanning binary code allows organizations to inspect the entire application, including components without source code. This enables deeper analysis of the application across all code including third-party libraries and their interactions (e.g.; inter-procedural analysis), and as a result, security insight across 100 percent of the application.
About InfoWorld Media Group
InfoWorld Media Group helps IT Decision Makers choose the right technology, within the context of a cohesive strategy for business impact at their organizations. InfoWorld identifies and promotes emerging technology segments that add unique value for the organizations that implement them, as well as the vendors that provide those solutions. Using an integrated communications approach including online, events, research, and a continued investment in an independent Test Center, InfoWorld analysts and editors provide hands-on analysis and evaluation, as well as expert commentary on issues surrounding emerging technologies and products. Visit InfoWorld at http://www.infoworld.com/.
About International Data Group
International Data Group (IDG) is the world's leading technology media, events, and research company. IDG's online network includes more than 450 web sites spanning business technology, consumer technology, digital entertainment and video games worldwide. IDG also publishes more than 300 magazines and newspapers in 85 countries. IDG's media brands include CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World, and PC World. IDG's lead-generation service, IDG Connect, matches technology companies with an audience of engaged, high-quality IT professionals, influencers, and decision makers.
IDG is a leading producer of more than 750 technology-related events including Macworld Conference & Expo, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Entertainment for All Expo (E for All), DEMO, Storage Networking World, and IDC Directions. IDC, a subsidiary of IDG, is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events. Over 900 IDC analysts in more than 90 countries provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends.
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com/.
Veracode is the world's leader for on-demand application security testing solutions. Veracode SecurityReview is the industry's first solution to use patented binary code analysis and dynamic web analysis to uniquely assess any application security threats including vulnerabilities and malicious code. SecurityReview performs the only complete and independent security audit across any internally developed applications, third-party commercial off-the- shelf software and offshore code without exposing a company's source code. Delivered as an on-demand service, Veracode delivers the simplest and most- cost effective way to implement security best practices, reduce operational cost and achieve compliance without requiring any hardware, software or training.
Veracode has established a position as the market visionary and leader with awards that include recognition as a Gartner 'Cool Vendor' 2008, Info Security Product Guide's "Tomorrow's Technology Today Award 2008," Information Security's "Readers' Choice Award 2008," AlwaysOn Northeast's "Top 100 Private Company 2008," NetworkWorld "Top 10 Security Company to Watch 2007," and Dark Reading's "Top 10 Hot Security Startups 2007."
Based in Burlington, Mass., Veracode is backed by .406 Ventures, Atlas Venture and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, visit http://www.veracode.com/.Veracode Inc.
CONTACT: Danny Begonia of Lois Paul & Partners, +1-512-638-5317,
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- The Agile PMO
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- Three Things You Must Know About the End of Support of Windows Server 2003
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Learn How You Can Easily Extend Your Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Flexiant Acquires Besol’s Tapp Multi-Cloud Management Technology and Business
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- Ten Answers Regarding Mobile App Testing
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Windows Least Privilege Management and Beyond
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#