|By Marketwired .||
|August 13, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/13/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Today's global business environment is complex and constantly changing. To help organizations navigate this continuously shifting landscape and stay competitive, Oracle has released Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.4. This latest release provides an updated user experience, significant customer-driven enhancements across the applications suite, and more integrations to Oracle Cloud Solutions. With the powerful new capabilities, organizations can manage that complexity while focusing on more strategic business issues and processes.
- To help organizations manage the complexities of global business environments and gain a competitive edge, Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.4.
- With modern user experience updates, significant customer-driven enhancements, and more integrations to Oracle Cloud Solutions, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.4 enables organizations to further optimize business processes, reduce costs, and respond quickly to changing market conditions.
- Organizations already on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 can use online patching to easily gain the latest functionality.
Enhancements Drive Increased Business Value
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.4 helps organizations further optimize business processes, reduce costs, and respond quickly to changing market conditions by introducing enhancements in the following enterprise resource planning (ERP) areas:
- Oracle Financials: Faster approval cycles from parallel approval of invoices. A single mass allocation formula is used to generate allocation journals for all ledgers in a ledger set. Integration with Oracle Revenue Management Cloud allows users to leverage the revenue compliance and recognition benefits of that product.
- Oracle Projects: Enhancements in Oracle Project Contracts and Oracle Project Billing allow US federal contractors to improve cash flow, increase transparency and audit, and automate billing.
- Oracle Purchasing: Web ADI-enabled spreadsheet creation and modification of purchase order lines, schedules, and distributions improves buyer productivity when dealing with large orders.
- Oracle iProcurement: A streamlined single-step checkout flow allows employees to quickly complete shopping activities and start the requisition approval process.
- Oracle Procurement Contracts: Improved buyer efficiency from auditing of contract documents by reviewing details of policy deviations and net clause additions.
- Oracle Services Procurement: Enhanced capabilities provide buyers with greater flexibility to support a broad range of complex order scenarios.
- Oracle Channel Revenue Management: Improved volume offer capabilities and a streamlined user interface enable users to quickly adapt to changing business conditions.
- To further help organizations transform supply chains from a functional necessity to a competitive advantage, the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite includes the following supply chain management (SCM) enhancements:
- Oracle Order Management: A new HTML user interface provides improved usability, greater flexibility, and a more modern user experience.
- Oracle Yard Management: A new solution enables manufacturing, distribution, and asset-intensive organizations to manage and track the flow of trailers and their contents into, within, and out of the yards of distribution centers, production campuses, transportation terminals, and other facilities.
- Oracle Manufacturing: Significant usability improvements in the Oracle Manufacturing Execution System (MES) help improve operator productivity by simplifying time entry and quality collection. New capabilities to manage the auto-dekit (disassembly) of serialized products supports customer returns and internal reuse of component parts.
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management: Enhancements to support linear assets in industries, such as oil and gas, utilities, and public sector, help improve productivity and retire costly integrations and custom code.
- Oracle Service: Enhanced spare parts planner's dashboard provides rich user interaction to improve planner productivity.
- Oracle Value Chain Planning: Numerous enhancements across multiple products include deeper industry functionality, such as minimum remaining shelf-life enhancements for the pharmaceutical and consumer goods industries, multistage production synchronization for process industries, and integration between Oracle Service Parts Planning and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management for asset-intensive industries. New promotions planning analytics in Oracle Advanced Planning Command Center improve business insight.
- To help organizations further modernize Human Capital Management (HCM) practices, the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite includes:
- Oracle Payroll: Payroll dashboard provides at-a-glance readiness checks, validation, and analytical views of the entire payroll cycle to help payroll administrators gain valuable insight into payroll processes, avoid costly errors, and improve productivity.
- Oracle Self-Service Human Resources: Transaction dashboard helps employees and managers monitor the approval progress of self-service transactions, and review transaction details at any point after final approval.
- Oracle Learning Management: Enhanced user interface simplifies the learner's ability to search the training catalog, engage in learning activities, and share experiences with fellow learners.
- To enable improved user productivity across the applications, the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite incorporates these current UI design trends:
- Optimizations for touch screen tablets, including larger buttons and support for touch gestures.
- Support for users to hide/show table columns and save changes as a user personalization.
- A simplified home page with colorful icons allows users to easily access favorite functions, and a streamlined universal global header provides easy access to common functions from any page.
- More fine-grained proxy access gives users greater control over delegating their Oracle E-Business Suite authority to other users.
- "Organizations today need to provide the workforce with a more modern user interface, and address business challenges with greater automation and efficiency," said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Oracle Applications Development. "With Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.4, Oracle continues to modernize the user interface and deliver new customer-driven capabilities across the applications, while reducing the costs of owning and running Oracle E-Business Suite."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and expertise to guard against those threats. But will that be enough? In the foreseeable future attacks w...
Jan. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 4,481
As enterprises move to all-IP networks and cloud-based applications, communications service providers (CSPs) – facing increased competition from over-the-top providers delivering content via the Internet and independently of CSPs – must be able to offer seamless cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions that can scale for small, midsize, and large enterprises, as well as public sector organizations, in order to keep and grow market share. The latest version of Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite gives CSPs the capability to do just that. In addition, its integration ...
Jan. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 4,294
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at home including open source hardware, the raw materials required and the options available to power s...
Jan. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,134
“The age of the Internet of Things is upon us,” stated Thomas Svensson, senior vice-president and general manager EMEA, ThingWorx, “and working with forward-thinking companies, such as Elisa, enables us to deploy our leading technology so that customers can profit from complete, end-to-end solutions.” ThingWorx, a PTC® (Nasdaq: PTC) business and Internet of Things (IoT) platform provider, announced on Monday that Elisa, Finnish provider of mobile and fixed broadband subscriptions, will deploy ThingWorx® platform technology to enable a new Elisa IoT service in Finland and Estonia.
Jan. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,228
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Jan. 26, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,870
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
Jan. 26, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 4,718
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Jan. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 4,258
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Jan. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 3,675
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Jan. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,517
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
Jan. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,601
SYS-CON Events announced today that CodeFutures, a leading supplier of database performance tools, has been named a “Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. CodeFutures is an independent software vendor focused on providing tools that deliver database performance tools that increase productivity during database development and increase database performance and scalability during production.
Jan. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,560
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,341
Recurring revenue models are great for driving new business in every market sector, but they are complex and need to be effectively managed to maximize profits. How you handle the range of options for pricing, co-terming and proration will ultimately determine the fate of your bottom line. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder at Aria Systems, session examined: How time impacts recurring revenue How to effectively handle customer plan changes The range of pricing and packaging options to consider
Jan. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,968
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP and chief architect at BSQUARE Corporation; Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc.; and Andris Gailitis, C...
Jan. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,823
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Jan. 26, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 3,743
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Jan. 26, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,357
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
Jan. 26, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 3,974
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by mining large volumes of unstructured data, and how data tracking delivers uptime when it matters most.
Jan. 26, 2015 12:45 AM EST Reads: 5,311
SYS-CON Events announced today that ActiveState, the leading independent Cloud Foundry and Docker-based PaaS provider, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that prevent them from doing so. The Company is uniquely positioned to help address these challenges thro...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,878
SYS-CON Media announced that Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow, has launched a new ad campaign in Cloud Computing Journal. The ad campaign, a webcast titled 'Is Your Data Center Ready for the Application Economy?', focuses on the latest data center networking technologies, including SDN or ACI, and how customers are using SDN and ACI in their organizations to achieve business agility. The Cisco webcast is available on-demand.
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,088