|By Marketwired .||
|June 4, 2014 12:01 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/04/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced several new PCs in industry-leading form factors, including a detachable two-in-one notebook PC for business users, and a new series of HP Elite devices.
- The HP Pro x2 612 functions as both a full high-powered notebook and a sleek business tablet that offers maximum flexibility while also providing the security needed to keep business data protected.
- The HP Elite 700 series expands on the HP Elite promise of stylish, reliable, powerful computing at new affordable prices aimed at transactional and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The series now includes new notebooks and desktops designed to deliver great value without sacrificing performance or security.
Today's workforce is faced with an unprecedented blend of work and personal lives, requiring technology that is mobile, thoughtfully designed, connected and secure. HP understands this and facilitates a work/life blend with innovative new devices that offer flexibility and value in providing customers with a one-of-a-kind business PC experience.
"While the use of technology in business has allowed a blurring of the line that separates work and life, many businesses require updated technology that delivers a secure and satisfying experience to its employees," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "HP continues to innovate secure business devices that allow employees to be productive and stylish wherever work -- or life -- takes them."
HP Pro x2 612: The power of a notebook with the convenience of a detachable
The sleek HP Pro x2 612 is HP's first commercial detachable PC, built from the ground up exclusively for enterprise users. The sleek design features a 12.5-inch diagonal display, as well the performance business users demand with Intel® Core i3/i5 processors(1) including a vPro option. To stay secure on the go, the tablet includes HP BIOS,(2) HP Client Security,(3) HP Sure Start, Smart Card Reader, HP TPM and an optional fingerprint reader.(4)
The HP Pro x2 612 offers multiple purchase options that provide solutions for full notebook replacement or travel needs.
Customers can choose the sleek, secure standalone tablet -- the HP Pro Tablet 612. The tablet can be attached to the full-size HP Pro x2 612 Power Keyboard with embedded battery, and features VGA, RJ-45, DisplayPort, two USB 3.0 ports and side docking connector for optional HP UltraSlim dock. Customers can enjoy the freedom provided by dual batteries -- one in the tablet and one in the power keyboard -- that provide eight hours and 15 minutes of battery life for the tablet and up to 14 hours and 15 minutes of battery life with tablet and keyboard combined.(5)
Or, users can choose the soft, ultra mobile backlit keyboard, with USB 3.0 port, combo audio jack and a power connector. Productivity is further bolstered with an optional battery-free Wacom pen(4) with built-in holder, allowing users to write and draw vivid, dynamic graphic content precisely with 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity and palm rejection technology.
Regardless of the chosen configuration, the HP Pro x2 612 is packed with business-ready features to keep users connected and productive wherever work takes them. A large full high-definition (FHD) screen, Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modem,(6) and dual high-definition (HD) webcams make sharing and editing content easy.
HP Elite700 series: Smart investments for thriving businesses
Built for transactional and SMB customers, the HP Elite 700 series is the newest addition to the HP Elite family. The line features the same reliability, durability and performance expected from HP Elite. These precision-engineered PCs endure the 115,000 hours of HP's Total Test Process and are designed to pass MIL-STD 810G tests(9) for toughness and reliability. Plus, they are packed with security features like HP Client Security with HP Sure Start.
The HP Elite 700 series is powered by either the AMD A-Series Pro APUs(7) with HSA technology or 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5 processors.(1)
The HP EliteBook 700 series is defined by thin -- only 21mm -- attractive designs as well as outstanding performance and durability. The HP EliteBook 700 series with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteBook 725, starting at just three pounds, features a 12.5-inch diagonal HD or FHD(8) optional touchscreen display with an optional 4G LTE module for mobile professionals and global series offering.
- The HP EliteBook 745 features a 14.0-inch diagonal HD, HD+ or FHD(8) display, including a touch-enabled option.
- The HP EliteBook 755 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD, FHD or FHD display, including a touch-enabled option, as well as great integrated graphics performance with AMD Radeon Graphics.
The HP EliteBook 700 series with Intel includes:
- The HP EliteBook 720 features a slim and light design with great battery life for travelers and the choice of HD, HD Premium or HD Premium touch display.
- The HP EliteBook 740 Ultrabook features HD, HD+, HD+ touch or FHD screen.
- The HP EliteBook 750 includes Ultrabook models(10) and features a thin and light HD, FHD or FHD touch 15-inch diagonal screen with high system performance.
HP also introduced new HP Elite 700 series PCs in a range of desktop form factors to suit every business need in any business environment. For instance, the Elite 700 series desktop PCs offer everything users expect from the Elite line -- including enterprise-grade connectivity, flexibility and security -- at new lower prices.
The HP Elite 700 series desktop PCs with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteOne 700 All-in-One (AiO), featuring a 23-inch diagonal IPS Full HD display with AMD PRO A-Series APUs with AMD Radeon graphics(11) and the opportunity to increase productivity by up to 35 percent(12) with support for up to three external displays.(13)
- The HP EliteDesk 700, offered in three different configurations, gives customers a range of footprint options to fit well in any environment. The Desktop Mini, which is smaller than some desk phones, has a clean, easily serviceable design and integrated wireless antenna.(11) It's also available in Microtower and the Small Form Factor configurations.
The HP EliteDesk 700 series with Intel Core processors includes Microtower and Small Form Factor configurations.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP Pro x2 612 and HP Pro Tablet 612 are expected to be available in September.
- The HP EliteBook 725, HP EliteBook 745 and HP EliteBook 755 are expected to be available in June for starting prices of $799, $739 and $749, respectively.
- The HP EliteBook 720, HP EliteBook 740 and HP EliteBook 750 are expected to be available August.
- The HP EliteOne 700, HP EliteDesk 700 Desktop Mini with AMD and HP EliteDesk 700 Small Form Factor with Intel are expected to be available in September.
- The HP EliteDesk 700 Microtower and Small Form Factor with AMD are expected to be available in July.
- The HP EliteDesk 700 Microtower PC with Intel is expected to be available in November.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(2) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(3) HP Client security requires Windows.
(4) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(5) Preliminary Windows 7 MM07 battery time. Final battery time is pending and will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(6) Built-in Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modules available in select HP products and requires factory configuration, wireless data service contract and network support, and are not available in all regions. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(7) This system requires a separately purchased 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of AMD technology. Multi-core processing available with AMD technology is designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system and a dual-core processor will vary. AMD's model numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(8) 725 FHD and 745 FHD touch available in July 2014.
(9) MIL-STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(10) Not all models qualify as an Ultrabook.
(11) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(12) AMD Radeon Dual Graphics requires an AMD "A" series APU plus optional AMD Radeon discrete graphics configuration and is available on Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to engage and/or disengage the discrete graphics processor for dual graphics capabilities. Additional hardware (e.g. Blu-ray drive, HD or 10-bit monitor, TV tuner, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD Video display requires an HD video source.
(13) Koala LLC Ergonomics Consulting, "Observed Productivity, Efficiency and User Satisfaction when Using Multiple or Large Displays," Nov. 6, 2012.
(14) Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular PC platform/form factor; the actual number of displays supported will vary. Additional cables required.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Used under license. AMD and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP's Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,462
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,611
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,356
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
Apr. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,082
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,445
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,597
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
Apr. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 527
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,166
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,389
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 522
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 934
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 709
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 670
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Apr. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,496
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 523
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 941
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 403