|By Marketwired .||
|June 4, 2014 12:01 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/04/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced several new PCs in industry-leading form factors, including a detachable two-in-one notebook PC for business users, and a new series of HP Elite devices.
- The HP Pro x2 612 functions as both a full high-powered notebook and a sleek business tablet that offers maximum flexibility while also providing the security needed to keep business data protected.
- The HP Elite 700 series expands on the HP Elite promise of stylish, reliable, powerful computing at new affordable prices aimed at transactional and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The series now includes new notebooks and desktops designed to deliver great value without sacrificing performance or security.
Today's workforce is faced with an unprecedented blend of work and personal lives, requiring technology that is mobile, thoughtfully designed, connected and secure. HP understands this and facilitates a work/life blend with innovative new devices that offer flexibility and value in providing customers with a one-of-a-kind business PC experience.
"While the use of technology in business has allowed a blurring of the line that separates work and life, many businesses require updated technology that delivers a secure and satisfying experience to its employees," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "HP continues to innovate secure business devices that allow employees to be productive and stylish wherever work -- or life -- takes them."
HP Pro x2 612: The power of a notebook with the convenience of a detachable
The sleek HP Pro x2 612 is HP's first commercial detachable PC, built from the ground up exclusively for enterprise users. The sleek design features a 12.5-inch diagonal display, as well the performance business users demand with Intel® Core i3/i5 processors(1) including a vPro option. To stay secure on the go, the tablet includes HP BIOS,(2) HP Client Security,(3) HP Sure Start, Smart Card Reader, HP TPM and an optional fingerprint reader.(4)
The HP Pro x2 612 offers multiple purchase options that provide solutions for full notebook replacement or travel needs.
Customers can choose the sleek, secure standalone tablet -- the HP Pro Tablet 612. The tablet can be attached to the full-size HP Pro x2 612 Power Keyboard with embedded battery, and features VGA, RJ-45, DisplayPort, two USB 3.0 ports and side docking connector for optional HP UltraSlim dock. Customers can enjoy the freedom provided by dual batteries -- one in the tablet and one in the power keyboard -- that provide eight hours and 15 minutes of battery life for the tablet and up to 14 hours and 15 minutes of battery life with tablet and keyboard combined.(5)
Or, users can choose the soft, ultra mobile backlit keyboard, with USB 3.0 port, combo audio jack and a power connector. Productivity is further bolstered with an optional battery-free Wacom pen(4) with built-in holder, allowing users to write and draw vivid, dynamic graphic content precisely with 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity and palm rejection technology.
Regardless of the chosen configuration, the HP Pro x2 612 is packed with business-ready features to keep users connected and productive wherever work takes them. A large full high-definition (FHD) screen, Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modem,(6) and dual high-definition (HD) webcams make sharing and editing content easy.
HP Elite700 series: Smart investments for thriving businesses
Built for transactional and SMB customers, the HP Elite 700 series is the newest addition to the HP Elite family. The line features the same reliability, durability and performance expected from HP Elite. These precision-engineered PCs endure the 115,000 hours of HP's Total Test Process and are designed to pass MIL-STD 810G tests(9) for toughness and reliability. Plus, they are packed with security features like HP Client Security with HP Sure Start.
The HP Elite 700 series is powered by either the AMD A-Series Pro APUs(7) with HSA technology or 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5 processors.(1)
The HP EliteBook 700 series is defined by thin -- only 21mm -- attractive designs as well as outstanding performance and durability. The HP EliteBook 700 series with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteBook 725, starting at just three pounds, features a 12.5-inch diagonal HD or FHD(8) optional touchscreen display with an optional 4G LTE module for mobile professionals and global series offering.
- The HP EliteBook 745 features a 14.0-inch diagonal HD, HD+ or FHD(8) display, including a touch-enabled option.
- The HP EliteBook 755 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD, FHD or FHD display, including a touch-enabled option, as well as great integrated graphics performance with AMD Radeon Graphics.
The HP EliteBook 700 series with Intel includes:
- The HP EliteBook 720 features a slim and light design with great battery life for travelers and the choice of HD, HD Premium or HD Premium touch display.
- The HP EliteBook 740 Ultrabook features HD, HD+, HD+ touch or FHD screen.
- The HP EliteBook 750 includes Ultrabook models(10) and features a thin and light HD, FHD or FHD touch 15-inch diagonal screen with high system performance.
HP also introduced new HP Elite 700 series PCs in a range of desktop form factors to suit every business need in any business environment. For instance, the Elite 700 series desktop PCs offer everything users expect from the Elite line -- including enterprise-grade connectivity, flexibility and security -- at new lower prices.
The HP Elite 700 series desktop PCs with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteOne 700 All-in-One (AiO), featuring a 23-inch diagonal IPS Full HD display with AMD PRO A-Series APUs with AMD Radeon graphics(11) and the opportunity to increase productivity by up to 35 percent(12) with support for up to three external displays.(13)
- The HP EliteDesk 700, offered in three different configurations, gives customers a range of footprint options to fit well in any environment. The Desktop Mini, which is smaller than some desk phones, has a clean, easily serviceable design and integrated wireless antenna.(11) It's also available in Microtower and the Small Form Factor configurations.
The HP EliteDesk 700 series with Intel Core processors includes Microtower and Small Form Factor configurations.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP Pro x2 612 and HP Pro Tablet 612 are expected to be available in September.
- The HP EliteBook 725, HP EliteBook 745 and HP EliteBook 755 are expected to be available in June for starting prices of $799, $739 and $749, respectively.
- The HP EliteBook 720, HP EliteBook 740 and HP EliteBook 750 are expected to be available August.
- The HP EliteOne 700, HP EliteDesk 700 Desktop Mini with AMD and HP EliteDesk 700 Small Form Factor with Intel are expected to be available in September.
- The HP EliteDesk 700 Microtower and Small Form Factor with AMD are expected to be available in July.
- The HP EliteDesk 700 Microtower PC with Intel is expected to be available in November.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(2) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(3) HP Client security requires Windows.
(4) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(5) Preliminary Windows 7 MM07 battery time. Final battery time is pending and will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(6) Built-in Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modules available in select HP products and requires factory configuration, wireless data service contract and network support, and are not available in all regions. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(7) This system requires a separately purchased 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of AMD technology. Multi-core processing available with AMD technology is designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system and a dual-core processor will vary. AMD's model numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(8) 725 FHD and 745 FHD touch available in July 2014.
(9) MIL-STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(10) Not all models qualify as an Ultrabook.
(11) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(12) AMD Radeon Dual Graphics requires an AMD "A" series APU plus optional AMD Radeon discrete graphics configuration and is available on Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to engage and/or disengage the discrete graphics processor for dual graphics capabilities. Additional hardware (e.g. Blu-ray drive, HD or 10-bit monitor, TV tuner, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD Video display requires an HD video source.
(13) Koala LLC Ergonomics Consulting, "Observed Productivity, Efficiency and User Satisfaction when Using Multiple or Large Displays," Nov. 6, 2012.
(14) Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular PC platform/form factor; the actual number of displays supported will vary. Additional cables required.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Used under license. AMD and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP's Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 921
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,229
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 994
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,340
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 22, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,321
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,239
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,316
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,254
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,192
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,305
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 20, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,483
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,259
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 20, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,032
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,493
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Nov. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,739
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Nov. 18, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,977
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,547
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,488
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Nov. 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,976
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world. The next @ThingsExpo will take place November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in Santa Clara, California. Since its launch in 2008, Cloud Expo TV commercials have been aired and CNBC, Fox News Network, and Bloomberg TV. Please enjoy our 2014 commercial.
Nov. 13, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,518