|By Marketwired .||
|June 4, 2014 12:01 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/04/14 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced several new PCs in industry-leading form factors, including a detachable two-in-one notebook PC for business users, and a new series of HP Elite devices.
- The HP Pro x2 612 functions as both a full high-powered notebook and a sleek business tablet that offers maximum flexibility while also providing the security needed to keep business data protected.
- The HP Elite 700 series expands on the HP Elite promise of stylish, reliable, powerful computing at new affordable prices aimed at transactional and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The series now includes new notebooks and desktops designed to deliver great value without sacrificing performance or security.
Today's workforce is faced with an unprecedented blend of work and personal lives, requiring technology that is mobile, thoughtfully designed, connected and secure. HP understands this and facilitates a work/life blend with innovative new devices that offer flexibility and value in providing customers with a one-of-a-kind business PC experience.
"While the use of technology in business has allowed a blurring of the line that separates work and life, many businesses require updated technology that delivers a secure and satisfying experience to its employees," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "HP continues to innovate secure business devices that allow employees to be productive and stylish wherever work -- or life -- takes them."
HP Pro x2 612: The power of a notebook with the convenience of a detachable
The sleek HP Pro x2 612 is HP's first commercial detachable PC, built from the ground up exclusively for enterprise users. The sleek design features a 12.5-inch diagonal display, as well the performance business users demand with Intel® Core i3/i5 processors(1) including a vPro option. To stay secure on the go, the tablet includes HP BIOS,(2) HP Client Security,(3) HP Sure Start, Smart Card Reader, HP TPM and an optional fingerprint reader.(4)
The HP Pro x2 612 offers multiple purchase options that provide solutions for full notebook replacement or travel needs.
Customers can choose the sleek, secure standalone tablet -- the HP Pro Tablet 612. The tablet can be attached to the full-size HP Pro x2 612 Power Keyboard with embedded battery, and features VGA, RJ-45, DisplayPort, two USB 3.0 ports and side docking connector for optional HP UltraSlim dock. Customers can enjoy the freedom provided by dual batteries -- one in the tablet and one in the power keyboard -- that provide eight hours and 15 minutes of battery life for the tablet and up to 14 hours and 15 minutes of battery life with tablet and keyboard combined.(5)
Or, users can choose the soft, ultra mobile backlit keyboard, with USB 3.0 port, combo audio jack and a power connector. Productivity is further bolstered with an optional battery-free Wacom pen(4) with built-in holder, allowing users to write and draw vivid, dynamic graphic content precisely with 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity and palm rejection technology.
Regardless of the chosen configuration, the HP Pro x2 612 is packed with business-ready features to keep users connected and productive wherever work takes them. A large full high-definition (FHD) screen, Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modem,(6) and dual high-definition (HD) webcams make sharing and editing content easy.
HP Elite700 series: Smart investments for thriving businesses
Built for transactional and SMB customers, the HP Elite 700 series is the newest addition to the HP Elite family. The line features the same reliability, durability and performance expected from HP Elite. These precision-engineered PCs endure the 115,000 hours of HP's Total Test Process and are designed to pass MIL-STD 810G tests(9) for toughness and reliability. Plus, they are packed with security features like HP Client Security with HP Sure Start.
The HP Elite 700 series is powered by either the AMD A-Series Pro APUs(7) with HSA technology or 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5 processors.(1)
The HP EliteBook 700 series is defined by thin -- only 21mm -- attractive designs as well as outstanding performance and durability. The HP EliteBook 700 series with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteBook 725, starting at just three pounds, features a 12.5-inch diagonal HD or FHD(8) optional touchscreen display with an optional 4G LTE module for mobile professionals and global series offering.
- The HP EliteBook 745 features a 14.0-inch diagonal HD, HD+ or FHD(8) display, including a touch-enabled option.
- The HP EliteBook 755 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD, FHD or FHD display, including a touch-enabled option, as well as great integrated graphics performance with AMD Radeon Graphics.
The HP EliteBook 700 series with Intel includes:
- The HP EliteBook 720 features a slim and light design with great battery life for travelers and the choice of HD, HD Premium or HD Premium touch display.
- The HP EliteBook 740 Ultrabook features HD, HD+, HD+ touch or FHD screen.
- The HP EliteBook 750 includes Ultrabook models(10) and features a thin and light HD, FHD or FHD touch 15-inch diagonal screen with high system performance.
HP also introduced new HP Elite 700 series PCs in a range of desktop form factors to suit every business need in any business environment. For instance, the Elite 700 series desktop PCs offer everything users expect from the Elite line -- including enterprise-grade connectivity, flexibility and security -- at new lower prices.
The HP Elite 700 series desktop PCs with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteOne 700 All-in-One (AiO), featuring a 23-inch diagonal IPS Full HD display with AMD PRO A-Series APUs with AMD Radeon graphics(11) and the opportunity to increase productivity by up to 35 percent(12) with support for up to three external displays.(13)
- The HP EliteDesk 700, offered in three different configurations, gives customers a range of footprint options to fit well in any environment. The Desktop Mini, which is smaller than some desk phones, has a clean, easily serviceable design and integrated wireless antenna.(11) It's also available in Microtower and the Small Form Factor configurations.
The HP EliteDesk 700 series with Intel Core processors includes Microtower and Small Form Factor configurations.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP Pro x2 612 and HP Pro Tablet 612 are expected to be available in September.
- The HP EliteBook 725, HP EliteBook 745 and HP EliteBook 755 are expected to be available in June for starting prices of $799, $739 and $749, respectively.
- The HP EliteBook 720, HP EliteBook 740 and HP EliteBook 750 are expected to be available August.
- The HP EliteOne 700, HP EliteDesk 700 Desktop Mini with AMD and HP EliteDesk 700 Small Form Factor with Intel are expected to be available in September.
- The HP EliteDesk 700 Microtower and Small Form Factor with AMD are expected to be available in July.
- The HP EliteDesk 700 Microtower PC with Intel is expected to be available in November.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(2) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
(3) HP Client security requires Windows.
(4) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(5) Preliminary Windows 7 MM07 battery time. Final battery time is pending and will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(6) Built-in Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modules available in select HP products and requires factory configuration, wireless data service contract and network support, and are not available in all regions. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(7) This system requires a separately purchased 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of AMD technology. Multi-core processing available with AMD technology is designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system and a dual-core processor will vary. AMD's model numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(8) 725 FHD and 745 FHD touch available in July 2014.
(9) MIL-STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(10) Not all models qualify as an Ultrabook.
(11) Wireless access point and internet service required.
(12) AMD Radeon Dual Graphics requires an AMD "A" series APU plus optional AMD Radeon discrete graphics configuration and is available on Windows 7 and Windows 8 systems. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to engage and/or disengage the discrete graphics processor for dual graphics capabilities. Additional hardware (e.g. Blu-ray drive, HD or 10-bit monitor, TV tuner, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD Video display requires an HD video source.
(13) Koala LLC Ergonomics Consulting, "Observed Productivity, Efficiency and User Satisfaction when Using Multiple or Large Displays," Nov. 6, 2012.
(14) Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular PC platform/form factor; the actual number of displays supported will vary. Additional cables required.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Used under license. AMD and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP's Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 983
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 246
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 402
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 456
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 534
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the data to create additional revenue streams, such as improved warranties or premium features. Or slash...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 150
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 230
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 275
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 123
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 114
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 504
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 298
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 4, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 435
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,620
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 668
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 4, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 338
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 4, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 220