|By Business Wire||
|May 27, 2014 08:03 AM EDT||
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) today unveiled its Internet of Things (IoT) Solution Accelerator, a tightly-bundled set of smart tools that help business leaders gain actionable insights from different, disparate data sources in real-time enabling them to make better business decisions.
The new Software AG IoT Solution Accelerator enables data analysts to quickly and easily visualize and analyse the performance of their devices individually or together. It also allows the rapid development of “Smart Systems” that respond in real-time to patterns in event and sensor data. The IoT Solution Accelerator comprises and combines five essential components: (1) out-of-the-box real-time, advanced streaming analytics; (2) Universal, low latency messaging; (3) in-memory processing of hundreds of terabytes of data; (4) real-time HTML5 dashboards that run anywhere in portals, websites, Microsoft SharePoint and all mobile devices, and (5) end-to-end security, including secure sharing outside the corporate firewall.
The IoT Solution Accelerator includes connectors to popular IoT providers such as Axeda’s Machine Streams and AT&Ts M2M platform. Additionally, it includes a Project Development Kit (PDK) and a solution guide. The PDK contains developer tools comprising frameworks, templates, customizable user interfaces, etc. All the pieces needed to quickly install and run the application are included. There is also documentation and source-code based intellectual property provided to kick-start developers to customize or even extend the Solution Accelerator capabilities.
John Crupi, Vice President of Visual Analytics, Software AG, said: “We are witnessing a massive explosion with the interconnection of things as more physical objects become embedded with sensors, actuators and devices to gain the ability to collect data and communicate. Forward-thinking companies are already recognizing the potential benefits of a global system of internet-connected things, but struggle with the challenge of how they can manage, control, and act upon the anticipated tsunami of data and events that all this will undoubtedly create. The Software AG Internet of Things Solution Accelerator simplifies the tasks necessary to store, visualize and use the growing connectivity and influx of data.”
Dan Shey, Practice Director, ABI Research, noted: “The challenge will not always be about the volume of data, but the different technologies needed to gather, store and analyze the data. Nowadays, new database technologies are often built on Hadoop, but it is not designed and hence is slow for real-time analyses. By leveraging in-memory database technologies, data access and event processing is lightening fast allowing insight generation in real time. With connections reaching nearly 24 billion ‘things’ by 2020, the resulting incremental information promises to shape new business models, drive business process efficiencies, and help reduce costs and risks.”
Only the Software AG IoT Solution Accelerator helps companies build an integrated, comprehensive platform for the entire IoT infrastructure with robust, end-to-end security. A unique feature of the IoT Solution Accelerator is its capability to combine both real-time data and historical data at the same time. This delivers actionable, contextual information that enables business analysts to identify opportunities or threats as they occur and act upon them.
About Software AG
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) helps organizations achieve their business objectives faster. The company's big data, integration and business process technologies enable customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decisions and better service. Building on over 40 years of customer-centric innovation, the company is ranked as a "leader" in fourteen market categories, fueled by core product families Adabas-Natural, ARIS, Alfabet, Apama, Terracotta and webMethods. Software AG has more than 5,200 employees in 70 countries and had revenues of around €973 million (IFRS, unaudited) in 2013.
Software AG, 11700 Plaza America Drive, Suite 700, Reston, Virginia
Detailed press information about Software AG including photos are available here: http://bit.ly/1jAgJV4
Follow Software AG on Twitter: Software AG North America
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#