|By ACN Newswire||
|May 12, 2014 04:43 AM EDT||
Bangkok, May 12, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Mr. Kavin Kanjanapas, Chariman of the Executive Committee of VGI Global Media PCL ("VGI"), disclosed that on May 12, 2014, the company acquired shares of Master Ad PCL ("MACO"), a key player in Out-of-Home media which has advertising media locations in the central business district of Bangkok, residential communities and strategic communication routes. VGI acquired a total of 24.43% of total issued and paid-up shares of MACO, at the price of 9 Baht per share, totaling a value of 661,500,000 baht, from the major shareholders of MACO.
Mr. Noppadol Tansalarak, Chairman of the Executive Committee of MACO, said "VGI is an excellent out-of-home media partner. VGI not only has good location and attractive design for its advertising media but also has a strong executive and employees. Moreover, VGI also has good strategy and a high quality management system. Both VGI and MACO have seen each other's development in its respective out-of-home media sub-sector for a long time. I'm delighted to see further development beyond the current success of both companies in the future. In addition, existing major shareholders will still hold substantial shareholdings in Maco and existing management will continue managing Maco."
With over 26 years of operation, MACO is one of the leaders in out-of-home media industry especially in the Outdoor media category. MACO's key revenues are derived from billboard advertising services, advertising production services and other services that enhance MACO capacity to provide total solutions for its clients.
Currently, MACO is the owner of 1) 170 billboards installed on the edge of strategic communication route, 2) street installations including 188 trivision panels installed on BTS pillars, 1 Siam Square Media ,and 366 media panels under flyovers in Bangkok (consisting of 177 media panels under 1st phase and 249 media panels under 2nd phase), and 3) transit media including 80 media panels on walkways of BTS station, 124 media panels installed at toll booths of Expressway Authority of Thailand, and 7 media panels in Mochit 2 Bus Terminal.
Besides excellent media location, MACO also has excellent staff to seek locations which are attractive to consumers and a high quality team to procure and install large billboards whose structures comply with engineering standards. MACO's subsidiaries have the capability and technology to produce billboard structures, and large format printing media. MACO group also has innovative advertising medias, which are proved by several awards such as Coke bottle 3D Mapping on CPN building which awarded Media Lions level 2 in Cannes Lion 2013 in France. MACO also received Asia's 200 Best Under Billion from Forbes magazine and Company Performance Awards from SET Awards 2013 for two consecutive years.
Mr. Marut, Arthakaivalvatee, Chief Executive Officer of VGI, said "VGI believes that both VGI and MACO will achieve synergy from this partnership. Both companies will plan new strategy to build more value for each company, create marketing campaigns and sales advertising media together. This partnership will give more media alternatives which will help answer the various needs of its clients, and better penetrate target customer groups, which will result in higher revenue for VGI and MACO in the long run.
"This investment is an important step for VGI to expand its investment from the existing Transit Media and In-store Media, with main media Indoor to Outdoor Media, the market in which MACO is a leader. VGI is confident that this transaction will help and bring both companies to the leader position of Out-of-Home Media both in Thailand and in ASEAN countries."
According to AC Nielson, total Out-of Home market size was estimated to be 10,287 million Baht in 2013 comprising of 3 categories; 1) Outdoor Media of 4,167 million Baht 2) Mass Transit System of 3,528 million Baht ,and 3) Department Stores of 2,486 million Baht. Thus, Outdoor Media is one-third of total Out-of Home market size.
Ms. Suparanan Tanviruch, Chief Financial Officer of VGI, additionally informs that MACO's financial performance has robust growth over the past 3 years with 7.5% CAGR in revenue. In 2013, its revenue is 745.58 million Baht. Furthermore, net profit in the last 3 years grows 16.6% per year in average with net profit of 173.8 million Baht in 2013. Net profit margin is 23.3% in 2013. ROE in last 3 years is 20%-27%.
In the last 6 years, dividend yield is consistently high and paid 0.50 Baht per share under 2013 fiscal year or 5.56% of dividend yield at purchasing price 9.0 Baht per share. VGI will use operating cash flow and financing from financial institutions as source of fund for this transaction.
About VGI Global Media PCL
VGI Global Media Public Company Limited (SET:VGI) is Thailand's major provider of out-of-home media solutions, having more than 10,000 items of large still-image screens in the BTS skytrain network and large retail stores nationwide. It also has over 11,000 sq.m. of advertising space in the product display zones of large modern trade stores, as well as about 5,000 items of digital screens and media in the BTS platform and train areas, the Tesco Lotus, Big C, and Watson stores, and large office towers throughout Bangkok, and mega LED and outdoor led screens under its management. In addition, the company runs retail shops in 23 BTS stations and radio networks covering nearly 2,000 modern trade stores in Thailand. For more information, please see www.vgi.co.th.
Master Ad PCL
Master Ad Public Company Limited (SET:MACO) is a leading out-of-home media advertising company in Thailand with media coverage of more than 1,200 ad display units nationwide. With over 24 years of experience, we specialize in providing clients with creative out-of-home media solutions ranging from billboard, street furniture, transit, ambient advertising to made-to-order job. We have been emphasized on the creation of our products and services under the concept of Smart, Creative and Innovative. Through state-of-the-art technology in order to improve communication efficiency and attractiveness, our team develops imaginative and intelligent ways for our clients to reach and connect their audiences and impress them. For more information, please visit www.masterad.com.
Source: VGI Global Media PCL
VGI Global Media PCL Investor Relations Department Tel: +66-2273-8636; +66-2273-8639 E-mail: [email protected] Master Ad PCL Investor Relations Department Tel: +66-2938-3388 x487 E-mail: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#