|By RealWire News Distribution||
|April 30, 2014 05:53 AM EDT||
UK, 30 April 2014 - Eutelsat Communications (NYSE Euronext Paris: ETL) has signed a distribution agreement with Wireless Innovation, a leading provider of end-to-end wireless communication services, to enable it to use Eutelsat's KA-SAT High Throughput Satellite to provide critical communication services and connectivity for temporary and mobile offices to the utilities, renewables, construction, asset management and military sectors in Europe.
Wireless Innovation specialises in providing satellite and radio based SCADA/telemetry backhaul solutions to UK and global electricity, water, oil and gas companies. Its team of data communications experts is active in over 100 countries, offering consultancy, design, installation, support and billing to its customer base.
Phil Rouse, Managing Director at Wireless Innovation, said: "Eutelsat's KA-SAT gives us the flexibility to provide our customers with instant access to high speed broadband and data communications services anywhere across Europe. This capability is essential in core markets where operations often take place in remote environments. We have already begun to use the KA-SAT service to meet customer demand and we are building a range of tailored communications solutions for our customers around the service. "
Jean-François Fenech, General Manager of Eutelsat Broadband, said: "Wireless Innovation's choice of KA-SAT is new evidence of the capacity of our high throughput platform to serve professional markets where clients across different sectors expect their unique needs to be addressed in terms of reach, flexibility, security and quality of service. We are delighted to strike this partnership with an industry leader that has an expert understanding of satellite communications and how they can contribute to end-to-end solutions for its customers."
KA-SAT, the first High Throughput Satellite (HTS) in Europe is a new generation of multi-spotbeam, high capacity satellite optimised for broadband communications. Its spotbeam configuration enables frequencies to be reused 20 times and takes total satellite throughput to beyond 90 Gbps. KA-SAT is able to offer high bandwidth and operate with small, competitively-priced end user terminals. It allows businesses in remote or low Internet connectivity areas to quickly and effectively establish data services and scale them to meet their needs.
About Eutelsat Communications
Established in 1977, Eutelsat Communications (NYSE Euronext Paris: ETL, ISIN code: FR0010221234) is one of the world's leading and most experienced operators of communications satellites. The company provides capacity on 36 satellites to clients that include broadcasters and broadcasting associations, pay-TV operators, video, data and Internet service providers, enterprises and government agencies. Eutelsat's satellites provide ubiquitous coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, enabling video, data, broadband and government communications to be established irrespective of a user's location. Headquartered in Paris, with offices and teleports around the globe, Eutelsat represents a workforce of 1,000 men and women from 32 countries who are experts in their fields and work with clients to deliver the highest quality of service.
For more about Eutelsat please visit www.eutelsat.com
For further information:
Tel: +44 7770 828525
About Wireless Innovation Ltd (www.wireless-innovation.co.uk)
Wireless Innovation Ltd was formed from a management buyout in 2004 and is a leading supplier of global satellite and cellular communication solutions. It has been providing SCADA and Telemetry backhaul systems to UK, Europe and Global customers for over 15 years. During this time, Wireless Innovation Ltd has built on over 100 years experience of the integration of a range of wireless solutions with a number of different SCADA & Telemetry systems. This knowledge forms the basis of the company's unique approach to project implementation. Specifically, Wireless Innovation Ltd specialises in delivering a complete, turnkey solution for all satellite communications. Wireless Innovation are pioneers in wireless data communications, with customers in over 80 countries, and hold the Queen's Award for Enterprise (International Trade.)
For further information
Tel: +44 7734 785 244
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- One Horizon Group Announces First Quarter 2014 Results
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#