|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 06:15 AM EDT||
DUBLIN, Apr. 01, 2014
Research and Markets
) has announced the addition of the
report to their offering.
The report expounds that the Web-based collaboration solutions market has come a long way since the beginning of 1990. Though document management remained the most dominant application for collaboration, emergence of numerous innovative solutions and technologies is enhancing the efficacy of the technology.
"Emerging collaboration solutions are impacting the way individuals interact with their organization's partners, customers, and each other. Technologies such as videoconferencing, voice mail, IM, wikis, chat forums, social networking, blogs, microblogging, telepresence, voice-over-IP, and mobile computing and communications, are adding an ever evolving dimension to online collaboration."
Presently, most collaboration portfolios offer Application Programming Interface (APIs) and custom developed Software Development Kit (SDKs), which are providing enhanced opportunities to the software developers for building custom solutions.
Key Topics Covered:
1. COLLABORATION TOOLS - A FOCUS REPORT
- Collaboration Tools - A Historical Review
- Installing Collaboration Software an Inexpensive Affair
- Effective Implementation of Collaborative Tools Necessary to Maximize Success
- Collaboration Technology Holds the Key to Competitive Advantage
- Disadvantages of Collaborative Solutions
- Essential Features of Online Collaboration Solutions
- Popular Online Collaboration Solutions
- Essentials of Successful Online Collaboration
- Real Time Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Team Collaboration
- Significant Features of an Enterprise Level Open Social
- Collaboration Platform
2. COLLABORATIVE TOOLS - TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Enterprise Level Collaboration - An Introduction
- What Does Collaboration Involve?
- Recipe for Successful Collaboration
- Essential Functionalities of Social Software
- Lotus Notes - The First Collaboration Platform
- Types of Collaborative Solutions
- Document Management
- Contact Management
- Instant Messaging
- Shared Calendars
- Discussion Forums
- Other Tools
- Collaboration Tools Essential for Software Developers
3. COLLABORATIVE TOOL - MARKET TRENDS
- Online Collaboration - An Inescapable Need of Oil and Gas Industry
- Three Prominent Trends Shaping Collaboration Strategies in the Marketing Area
- Customer Advisory Boards (CABs)
- Virtual Global Teams
- New Technologies
- Emerging Trends in Online Collaboration Solutions
- Application Programming Interface (API) - A PowerfulCollaboration Solution
- Collaborative Tools Changing the Very Concept of an Office in a Constrained Economic Situation
- How Can Collaboration Help Businesses in Achieving Goals
- Technologies Used for Online Collaboration
- Data Presentation
- E-calendars and Online Spreadsheets
- Application Sharing Technology
- Workflow Systems
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Project Management Solutions
- Instant Messaging
- Regional Market Information
- Online Collaboration Solutions - Indian Infrastructure Industry
4. NOTEWORTHY MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Avaya, Inc. (USA)
- BroadSoft, Inc. (USA)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (USA)
- Good Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Salesforce.com, Inc. (USA)
- VMware, Inc. (USA)
5. CORPORATE INITIATIVES
- Good Technology Takes Over Copiun
- Salesforce.com Acquires Stypi
- Yammer Acquires OneDrum
- BroadSoft Inks Definitive Agreement with iLinc
- Cisco Acquires Versly
- VMware Takes Over Socialcast
- VMware Takes Over SlideRocket
- Salesforce.com Takes Over Dimdim
- Siemens Enterprise Communications Acquires FastViewer
- Google Takes Over DocVerse
- VMware Enters into Agreement with Yahoo
6. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
- IBM Launches SmartCloud Docs Service
- Gehry Launches GTeam Platform
- GrexIt Launches GrexIt Online Collaboration Solution for Google Apps
- HootSuite Launches HootSuite Conversations
- Evernote Launches Evernote Business
- Salesforce.com to Launch Salesforce Communities
- Jive Software Launches Jive for Marketing Teams
- Google Launches Google Drive and Chrome Web Browser File- Synchronizing and Management Solution for Apple iPads and iPhones
- RMI Launches User Types, Licensing Options for RMI Advantage Platform
- AquaFold Unveils AquaClusters.com
- Intuit Unveils Brainstorm
- Microsoft Unveils MS Office 365
- Jabra Launches Jabra PC Suite Plug-In
- Salesforce.com Unveils Chatter Online Collaboration Solution
- Cisco to Launch New Range of Enhanced Online Collaboration Solutions
- Snyxius Technologies Launches Collaborate Cloud
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8frbj/collaboration
Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,811
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,564
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,041
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,883
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,892
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,374
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,704
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 917
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,383
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,101
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,825
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,661
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 640
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,746
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,252
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,665
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,358
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,201
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,845
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,718