|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 06:15 AM EDT||
DUBLIN, Apr. 01, 2014
Research and Markets
) has announced the addition of the
report to their offering.
The report expounds that the Web-based collaboration solutions market has come a long way since the beginning of 1990. Though document management remained the most dominant application for collaboration, emergence of numerous innovative solutions and technologies is enhancing the efficacy of the technology.
"Emerging collaboration solutions are impacting the way individuals interact with their organization's partners, customers, and each other. Technologies such as videoconferencing, voice mail, IM, wikis, chat forums, social networking, blogs, microblogging, telepresence, voice-over-IP, and mobile computing and communications, are adding an ever evolving dimension to online collaboration."
Presently, most collaboration portfolios offer Application Programming Interface (APIs) and custom developed Software Development Kit (SDKs), which are providing enhanced opportunities to the software developers for building custom solutions.
Key Topics Covered:
1. COLLABORATION TOOLS - A FOCUS REPORT
- Collaboration Tools - A Historical Review
- Installing Collaboration Software an Inexpensive Affair
- Effective Implementation of Collaborative Tools Necessary to Maximize Success
- Collaboration Technology Holds the Key to Competitive Advantage
- Disadvantages of Collaborative Solutions
- Essential Features of Online Collaboration Solutions
- Popular Online Collaboration Solutions
- Essentials of Successful Online Collaboration
- Real Time Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Team Collaboration
- Significant Features of an Enterprise Level Open Social
- Collaboration Platform
2. COLLABORATIVE TOOLS - TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Enterprise Level Collaboration - An Introduction
- What Does Collaboration Involve?
- Recipe for Successful Collaboration
- Essential Functionalities of Social Software
- Lotus Notes - The First Collaboration Platform
- Types of Collaborative Solutions
- Document Management
- Contact Management
- Instant Messaging
- Shared Calendars
- Discussion Forums
- Other Tools
- Collaboration Tools Essential for Software Developers
3. COLLABORATIVE TOOL - MARKET TRENDS
- Online Collaboration - An Inescapable Need of Oil and Gas Industry
- Three Prominent Trends Shaping Collaboration Strategies in the Marketing Area
- Customer Advisory Boards (CABs)
- Virtual Global Teams
- New Technologies
- Emerging Trends in Online Collaboration Solutions
- Application Programming Interface (API) - A PowerfulCollaboration Solution
- Collaborative Tools Changing the Very Concept of an Office in a Constrained Economic Situation
- How Can Collaboration Help Businesses in Achieving Goals
- Technologies Used for Online Collaboration
- Data Presentation
- E-calendars and Online Spreadsheets
- Application Sharing Technology
- Workflow Systems
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Project Management Solutions
- Instant Messaging
- Regional Market Information
- Online Collaboration Solutions - Indian Infrastructure Industry
4. NOTEWORTHY MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Avaya, Inc. (USA)
- BroadSoft, Inc. (USA)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (USA)
- Good Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Salesforce.com, Inc. (USA)
- VMware, Inc. (USA)
5. CORPORATE INITIATIVES
- Good Technology Takes Over Copiun
- Salesforce.com Acquires Stypi
- Yammer Acquires OneDrum
- BroadSoft Inks Definitive Agreement with iLinc
- Cisco Acquires Versly
- VMware Takes Over Socialcast
- VMware Takes Over SlideRocket
- Salesforce.com Takes Over Dimdim
- Siemens Enterprise Communications Acquires FastViewer
- Google Takes Over DocVerse
- VMware Enters into Agreement with Yahoo
6. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
- IBM Launches SmartCloud Docs Service
- Gehry Launches GTeam Platform
- GrexIt Launches GrexIt Online Collaboration Solution for Google Apps
- HootSuite Launches HootSuite Conversations
- Evernote Launches Evernote Business
- Salesforce.com to Launch Salesforce Communities
- Jive Software Launches Jive for Marketing Teams
- Google Launches Google Drive and Chrome Web Browser File- Synchronizing and Management Solution for Apple iPads and iPhones
- RMI Launches User Types, Licensing Options for RMI Advantage Platform
- AquaFold Unveils AquaClusters.com
- Intuit Unveils Brainstorm
- Microsoft Unveils MS Office 365
- Jabra Launches Jabra PC Suite Plug-In
- Salesforce.com Unveils Chatter Online Collaboration Solution
- Cisco to Launch New Range of Enhanced Online Collaboration Solutions
- Snyxius Technologies Launches Collaborate Cloud
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8frbj/collaboration
Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 990
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 1,652
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,165
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,029
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,536
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,166
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 615
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,254
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,003
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 938
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,906
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 598
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,160
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 4, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,541
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,133
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,678
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 795
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 394
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 916
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,224