|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2014 01:43 PM EST||
MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 02/14/14 -- Intelligent Living Inc. (OTCQB: ILIV) announced the immediate availability of its newest intelligent digital pillbox app, "apPill Box XL," which is now available for download to users of Android smartphones via Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appillboxxl.iliv.eng&hl=en
Intelligent Living Inc. believes that the rollout of this new app will serve a number of pressing needs, and address a number of important emerging trends, in our current health care system.
"The apPill Box is an ingenious use of technology that delivers solutions, meets numerous needs, and provides peace of mind for patients and caregivers," commented Josh Eikov, CSO at Intelligent Living Inc. "This app is useful for so many people: care providers for HIV/AIDS patients, people with aging parents, mothers whose kids have asthma or diabetes, parents of special needs infants, and many others."
You might be surprised to learn that, according to the World Health Organization, one of the leading causes of death in the world is not a disease, but a behavior relating to the treatment of disease: medication noncompliance. Medication noncompliance means failing to take prescribed medications as directed by the physician, due to misunderstanding, forgetfulness, confusion or simply being too busy or distracted to consistently adhere to the regimen. Keeping track of one's medication regimen can be a challenge for anyone, from busy professionals to the elderly, and the more medications one takes, the more complicated this can become.
"Physicians prescribe medications with very specific instructions -- for the type of medication, the dose, the method of administration and the frequency of administration. Additional instructions, such as whether to take with food or not, can be of great significance in achieving the best outcome from the medication," said Victoria Rudman, CEO of Intelligent Living, Inc.
Whether one has been prescribed a short-term antibiotic to treat an infection or a lifelong regimen of multiple drugs to treat HIV/AIDS, heart disease, mental illness, cancer or other conditions, taking the medication exactly as directed is critically important to obtaining the full health benefit. The consequences of failing to take medications appropriately are numerous and costly, and can even be a matter of life and death.
Intelligent Living Inc. is excited to launch its newest app which is much more than an electronic reminder gadget -- it has multiple functions and the apPill Box XL maintains the person's medication schedule and utilizes an alarm notification system that alerts the user that it is time to take a dose of a medication, vitamin, or supplement. It even shows them a color photograph of the correct pill, since so many pills are similar in appearance. The apPill Box XL records the dosage taken, keeps a running digital log, and, if desired, notifies a care provider by text or email of medications taken. An electronic spreadsheet is maintained that can be electronically shared with the physician or other caregivers as part of ongoing management of the person's care.
Wayne Irving II, CEO of Monster Arts, Inc. says that even those who are not technology-savvy can use the Digital Pillbox. "I bought my own grandmother an inexpensive Android, just for this purpose, and installed the Digital Pillbox app. She keeps it on her kitchen counter. When the alarm goes off, it tells her what to take, how many and shows her a picture of the pill. The alarm is insistent -- you have to respond. Once she takes her pills, she hits 'Done' and I get an email telling me that she took her medication. It couldn't be easier."
The app easily installs on a Smartphone, tablet or other mobile device and can readily communicate with other devices through text or email messages.
The Digital Pillbox Medicine/Dietary Supplement Reminder Features Include the Following:
Images of Pills: Import images from a gallery or use the device/phone's built in camera to add images of the precise pill(s) or other consumable(s) to be taken, making it easier for users such as the elderly to distinguish between medications that may look similar and to better recognize which consumables they need to take. Got 2 or 3 pills? Simply use the app to display photos of the pills side by side so you don't get confused.
User Friendly: Add pills, vitamins, powders, lotions, and other dosing or treatment regimens to a database for easy retrieval, all with details and instructions for consumption or treatment.
Medicine Schedule: Access the "meds schedule" on the phone/device's password protected Google Calendar, and share this schedule on a need to know basis with others, such as your care provider and/or concerned family members.
Patient Tracking: With the app, "cared-for users" can track their dosing history or enlist the help of a care provider or loved one in helping them monitor such consumption, all with the touch of a single button on the user's Smartphone or mobile device for ultimate convenience.
Export Ability: The app also has an exportable / compatible Microsoft Excel spreadsheet at the ready, customizable for the user based on past consumption patterns and available for easy electronic transmission via email to health care providers and/or other device users.
Pill Reminder: An alarm that sounds and takes over the home screen on the device when a scheduled dosing event occurs, requiring the "cared-for user" to press OK or CANCEL, and recording consumption information and history based on these stored keystrokes and other information provided by the user. Choose your own alarm tone that you find to be most desirable or effective from the settings screen.
Recent Announcement with Monster Arts Inc.
Rollout of the new apPill Box XL app comes on the heels of Intelligent Living's November 4, 2013 announcement that it has entered into a multi-year deal with Monster Arts, Inc. for the development of mobile and web accessible games, as well as mobile health (mHealth) and wellness and learning applications. apPill Box XL is the fourth of these apps, with additional wellness apps planned for release over the next year.
About Monster Arts, Inc.:
Monster Arts is a leading mobile marketing and app technology innovator, designing a variety of mobile apps for purchase and download by the retail consumer, and assisting business clients with online marketing through its Travel America Visitor Guide, mobile app design services, crowd funding consulting services, and Daily Deal information management and analytics. Monster Arts select partner lists include Mind Solutions Inc, Wowio Inc (http://www.wowio.com), Worlds Online Inc, and Intelligent Living Inc (OTCQB: ILIV), to name a few.
About Intelligent Living Inc.:
Intelligent Living Inc. operates as a development stage company focused on the ever-expanding eHealth and eCommerce markets. Its segments include exercise, nutrition, supplements, mental acuity testing and training, through our newly acquired subsidiaries MIND360 Studios, and Health and Beyond Nutra Company. Intelligent Living Inc., based in Florida, is a health and wellness company engaged in the development of software and technology to aid in age management and cognitive health. The mission of Intelligent Living is to improve a person's quality and function of daily living over a span of many years.
More information about Intelligent Living can be found on the Company's website located at http://www.intelligentlivinginc.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release includes statements that constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the "Reform Act") and as such, may involve risks and uncertainties. Intelligent Living Inc. claims the protection of the safe-harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are often characterized by the terms "may," "believes," "projects," "expects," or "anticipates," and do not reflect historical facts. Specific forward-looking statements contained in this press release include, but are not limited to: our successful integration of diversified growth companies, impact of the company's expansion plan, and new business development success, future financial results, development and acquisition of new product lines and services, the impact of competitive products or pricing from technological changes, the effect of economic conditions and other uncertainties. The company's actual performance, results and achievements may differ materially from the expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements as a result of a wide range of factors.
E Relations Group
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#