|By Marketwired .||
|February 12, 2014 08:30 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/12/14 -- Simba Technologies Inc., the industry's source for standards-based relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity solutions, announced today at the 2014 Strata Conference that it renewed and broadened its partnership with MapR Technologies Inc. MapR is recognized as the leading Apache Hadoop innovator and is dedicated to providing the best Big Data processing capabilities.
"We are pleased to announce the expansion of a very successful partnership with Simba Technologies," reported Jack Norris, Chief Marketing Officer at MapR Technologies, Inc. "MapR was the first company to include Simba's enterprise class ODBC drivers in our Hadoop Distribution. For over two years now, our customers have benefited from SQL-based business intelligence (BI) access to MapR's leading distribution for Apache Hadoop by leveraging Simba's ODBC and Hadoop data connectivity expertise. The extension of our partnership includes five additional Big Data drivers. MapR continues to lead the Hadoop community by now being the first company to include Simba's enterprise class JDBC drivers in our Hadoop Distribution."
In addition to the Simba JDBC driver for Hive, the extended partnership includes licenses for Simba's ODBC and JDBC drivers for Apache Drill, a distributed system for interactive analysis of large-scale datasets.
With Apache Drill, MapR is committed to a highly transparent, open source project so that the best architecture can be put in place to ensure a flexible solution of the highest quality. Apache Drill will support the broadest range of query languages, data formats, and data sources. It is being designed to scale to 10,000+ servers and to process petabyes of data and trillions of records in seconds. Apache Drill represents a huge leap forward for organizations looking to augment their Big Data processing with interactive queries across massive data sets.
"MapR is the leading Big Data analytics market innovator. Simba has perfected the art of enterprise data connectivity. Our teams are committed to working together to deliver the most leading edge enterprise-grade solutions for Big Data access, analytics, and reporting," promised George Chow, CTO at Simba Technologies. "This partnership will allow MapR customers to connect Tableau, QlikView, Excel, SAP Lumira, and any BI, analytics, or reporting tool to their Hadoop distribution, seamlessly."
Simba's drivers and providers are available for individual, enterprise, and OEM licensing. For more information about all of Simba's Big Data ODBC & JDBC Drivers and for a free 30-day trial, visit: www.simba.com/connectors.
About MapR Technologies, Inc.
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease-of-use and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified Big Data platform. MapR is used by more than 500 customers across financial services, retail, media, healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications and government organizations as well as by leading Fortune 100 and Web 2.0 companies. Amazon, Cisco and Google are part of MapR's broad partner ecosystem. Investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. MapR is based in San Jose, CA. Connect with MapR on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
About Simba Technologies Inc.
Simba Technologies (www.simba.com) is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access and analytics products and solutions for both relational and multi-dimensional data sources. Simba provides data connectivity solutions to many of the world's leading companies on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux and many mobile device platforms. Simba's data connectivity products support multiple interfaces, including ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO), XML for Analysis (XMLA), ADO, ADO.NET, ADOMD and ADOMD.NET.
Simba's software is used worldwide. Its customers include leading independent software vendors and global enterprises like Cloudera®, Datastax®, Hortonworks®, MapR®, Microsoft®, Oracle®, SAP® and Teradata®.
Company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Simba Technologies Inc.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#