|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
LONDON, January 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Editor Note: For more information about this release, please scroll to bottom.
On Thursday, January 09, 2014, the U.S. equity market mostly ended on a lower note with the S&P 500 ending the day at 1,838.13, up 0.03%; the Dow Jones Industrial Average closing at 16,444.76, down 0.11%; and the NASDAQ Composite finishing at 4,156.19, down 0.23%. The S&P 500 Consumer Staples Sector Index edged 0.43% higher to end the day at 436.24; and the same has gained 0.25% in the previous three trading sessions and 6.69% in the last three months, underperforming the S&P 500, which has advanced 0.62% and 10.97% during the respective periods. The major movers in the Consumer Staples sector included Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), Herbalife Ltd (NYSE: HLF), Owens-Illinois Inc. (NYSE: OI), and Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY). All these companies are tracked by AAAResearchReports.com. Free technical research on AAPL, HLF, OI, and AVY can be downloaded upon signing up at:
On Thursday, Apple Inc.'s stock ended the day at $536.52, which is 1.28% lower than the previous day's closing price of $543.46. The company's shares vacillated between $535.35 and $546.86 during the trading session. A total of 9.97 million shares were traded, which is below the daily average volume of 11.27 million. The company's shares have advanced 10.26% in the previous three months, underperforming the S&P 500, which has gained 10.97% during the same period. However, Apple Inc.'s stock is trading above its 200-day moving average of $476.05. Sign up today to read free research report on AAPL at:
Herbalife Ltd's stock edged 0.22% higher on Thursday, closing the day at $81.50. The company's shares fluctuated between $80.11 and $82.35 during the trading session. A total of 2.97 million shares were traded, which is above the daily average volume of 2.67 million. The company's shares have surged 11.98% in the last one month and 28.77% in the previous three months, outperforming the S&P 500, which has advanced 1.65% and 10.97% during the respective periods. Furthermore, Herbalife Ltd's stock is trading near its 52-week high of $83.51, and also above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $71.47 and $58.13, respectively. Register to download free technical analysis on HLF at:
On Thursday, shares in Owens-Illinois Inc. ended the day at $35.19, down 0.37% from the previous day's closing price of $35.32. The company's shares fluctuated between $34.95 and $35.56 during the trading session. A total of 1.05 million shares were traded, which is above the daily average volume of 0.99 million. Despite Thursday's losses, the company's shares have gained 3.56% in the last one month and 21.81% in the previous three months, outperforming the S&P 500, which has advanced 1.65% and 10.97% during the respective periods. Additionally, Owens-Illinois Inc.'s stock is trading near its 52-week high of $35.95, and also above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $33.42 and $29.73, respectively. A free report on OI can be accessed by registering at:
Shares in Avery Dennison Corp. advanced on Thursday, even as the broader market mostly finished on a lower note. The company's shares ended the day 0.85% higher at $49.88, after trading between $49.85 and $50.64. A total of 1.56 million shares were traded, which is above the daily average volume of 0.75 million. The company's shares have gained 0.91% in the previous three trading sessions and 17.98% in the last three months, outperforming the S&P 500, which has advanced 0.62% and 10.97% during the respective periods. Moreover, Avery Dennison Corp.'s stock is trading near its 52-week high of $50.88, and also above its 50-day and 200-day moving averages of $48.68 and $44.77, respectively. Register with AAA Research Reports and download the research on AVY for free at:
- This is not company news. We are an independent source and our views do not reflect the companies mentioned.
- Information in this release is fact checked and produced on a best efforts basis and reviewed by Ananya Ghosh, a CFA charterholder. However, we are only human and are prone to make mistakes. If you notice any errors or omissions, please notify us below.
- This information is submitted as a net-positive to companies mentioned, to increase awareness for mentioned companies to our subscriber base and the investing public.
- If you wish to have your company covered in more detail by our team, or wish to learn more about our services, please contact us at [email protected].
- For any urgent concerns or inquiries, please contact us at [email protected].
- Are you a public company? Would you like to see similar coverage on your company? Send us a full investors' package to [email protected] for consideration.
Content is researched, written and reviewed on a best-effort basis. This document, article or report is prepared and authored by Equity News Network. An outsourced research services provider represented by Ananya Ghosh, CFA, has only reviewed the information provided by Equity News Network in this article or report according to the Procedures outlined by Equity News Network. Equity News Network is not entitled to veto or interfere in the application of such procedures by the outsourced provider to the articles, documents or reports, as the case may be.
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
Equity News Network makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness or fitness for a purpose (investment or otherwise), of the information provided in this document. This information is not to be construed as personal financial advice. Readers are encouraged to consult their personal financial advisor before making any decisions to buy, sell or hold any securities mentioned herein.
NO WARRANTY OR LIABILITY ASSUMED
Equity News Network is not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by Equity News Network whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. Equity News Network expressly disclaims any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Equity News Network does not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
SOURCE AAA Research Reports
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- The Agile PMO
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- Three Things You Must Know About the End of Support of Windows Server 2003
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Learn How You Can Easily Extend Your Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Flexiant Acquires Besol’s Tapp Multi-Cloud Management Technology and Business
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- Ten Answers Regarding Mobile App Testing
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Windows Least Privilege Management and Beyond
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#