|By RealWire News Distribution||
|April 22, 2013 10:00 AM EDT||
RAD Studio XE4 empowers developers to create incredible apps for PCs, tablets and smartphones
MAIDENHEAD, UK - April 22, 2013 - Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today announced the availability of RAD Studio XE4, the app development suite for developers who need to create true native apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones and get them to market fast. Built for developers by developers, RAD Studio XE4 lets users manage one codebase, one team and one schedule without sacrificing performance.
True native apps run directly on the device hardware with no scripting or interpretive layer. They give developers more control, tighter security and a better user experience. Many multi-device solutions today rely on virtual implementations or are interpreted at run time and are not true native apps.
"This is an exciting announcement," said Gary Barnett, principal analyst at Ovum. "Embarcadero has drawn on a long and impressive history of delivering solid development tools. Developers can create multichannel apps that are truly native for each platform, and do it using one code base in a single development environment."
RAD Studio XE4 delivers multi-device development for ARM and Intel devices, including Apple iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac OS X, Windows PCs, Slates and Surface Pro tablets. Benefits include:
Multi-Device App Development
With RAD Studio XE4, developers can now create apps that are compiled and optimized for multiple device platforms. Complexity is reduced with one set of development resources to create apps for multiple platforms — one codebase, one team and one schedule.
Build True Native Apps
True native app development offers the best performance and tightest security without scripting engines or virtual machines, allowing developers to take advantage of the full range of capabilities available on each device to deliver the best user experience.
On Device Rapid Prototyping
Developers or designers can quickly create no-code, visual mockups with live or simulated data and deploy to actual target devices (PC, phone, tablet) or simulate on Windows or Mac, giving clients and team members a far more accurate and impressive prototype experience.
Key features of RAD Studio XE4 include:
Full application framework for iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X, with support for Android coming soon.
Full visual designer for iOS, Mac, and Windows user interfaces with multiple device types, resolutions, and orientations.
iOS native styled user interface controls and native services such as motion and camera sensors and Geo location, sharesheet, and notification services.
Local database support for SQLite, IBLite, and InterBase Embedded ToGo.
Built-in Multi-tier Enterprise connectivity for Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, InterBase, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, SOAP and REST services and more.
What customers are saying
"In these multi-OS times, software developers have been eagerly waiting for stable source code reuse from an IDE. Embarcadero has the strategic base technology for future mobile, including Android later this year. RAD Studio XE4 marks the birth of the first REAL native multi-platform IDE."
- Simon Choi, president and chief developer, MaxPaper
"iOS support in RAD Studio XE4 is amazing, and the amount of code reuse is very high. I've personally migrated a 600,000+ lines of code Excel reader/writer/viewer from Windows and it is working great. I am really impressed and excited by this release."
- Adrian Gallero, product manager, tms software
RAD Studio XE4 is available immediately from Embarcadero and from Embarcadero partners. To download a free trial, visit http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/downloads.
About RAD Studio
Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE4 is the multi-device, true native app development suite for developers that need to create apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones, and get them to market fast. RAD Studio includes the award winning Delphi, C++Builder and HTML5 Builder development environments. Additional information on RAD Studio is available at: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. http://www.embarcadero.com/.
# # #
+44 7958 474 632
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#