|By Business Wire||
|April 12, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
Devon IT today announced that Acer India, one of the top three PC players in the country, is now offering its line of Veriton thin clients running Devon IT software. With this launch, Acer will further widen its offerings in the desktop segment for its customers in the commercial space. With the thin client market booming in India, Acer and Devon IT will focus on addressing the requirements of customers in the manufacturing, BPO and BFSI segments that require high performance products while keeping operational costs and power consumption low.
The Veriton N series launched by Acer will aim at offering thin client solutions at low administrative cost with superior security system and easy manageability. With such compelling features, thin client computing has become the most preferred choice for many sectors. To take this solution to consumers across segments Acer has teamed up with Devon IT, an information technology firm to offer specialized thin client solutions along with software for its wide range of thin client solutions.
Acer Veriton N2110G and N2620G are equipped with invaluable tools that support both simple and complex environments. Devon IT Terminal Operating System (DeTOS) and Microsoft Windows Embedded operating system (WES) will enable companies to create and maintain remote desktop connections and terminal settings from one central location. These two variants of Veriton are also packed with the Echo Management software, developed exclusively by Devon IT, which combines thin client management capabilities and connection management features, thereby allowing companies to have a seamless and integrated enterprise network. Acer Veriton N series thin clients are also coupled with Citrix HDX technology that deliver a high definition desktop virtualization user experience to end users for any application, device or network.
Announcing the launch, Mr. S. Rajendran, Chief Marketing Officer, Acer India, said, “With our existing domain expertise in the commercial segment, we believe it is the right time to enter into the thin client market. Globally, we have partnered with Devon IT, a leader specializing in thin client solutions, to provide software for our portfolio in the thin client segment. With our offerings, we are confident of bringing additional value to the Indian thin client market. Our thin client product line-up offers a variety of energy, security and space saving features to help organizations meet their business deliverables at a reduced cost.”
Mr. Joe Makoid, President, Devon IT, said, “Globally we have a strong association with Acer in introducing thin client solutions; we have extended our support to address the requirements for the Indian market as well. Acer thin client offerings embedded with our software expertise will offer customers optimized benefits of virtual desktop infrastructure computing.”
The Acer Veriton N2110G and N2620G features a dual core AMD T56N processor with AMD Radeon™ HD 6320 Graphics and Intel® Celeron® 887 processor with Intel® HD Graphics with DVI-I and HDMI dual digital output for high multimedia capabilities respectively. It also packs in USB 3.0 for better connectivity and 2GB memory space that offers high performance output. Packed in a compact form factor, the Veriton N2110G also supports dual display ports with a maximum resolution of 1920 * 1200.
Mr. Rajendran, further added, “As the thin client market remains buoyant, we expect robust growth from this segment in particular. We will continue to innovate and further strengthen our commercial product offerings with the thin client range.”
Acer Veriton thin clients save as much as 70 percent of energy when compared to traditional desktops. Acer’s thin client systems meet Energy Star 5.2 requirements and are EPEAT® Gold complaint; it maximizes energy efficiency to reduce the cost of ownership. Acer thin clients are also RoHS complaint to better the environment. They also provide wireless connectivity with optional integrated WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n.
About Devon IT
Devon IT, Inc., (www.devonit.com) is a leading information technology company that offers thin client software, hardware, and virtual desktop solutions. Devon IT's products offer users in various industries and environments greater IT security, enhanced manageability, improved reliability, and lower costs. Devon IT is also the creator of patent pending VDI Blaster™ (www.vdiblaster.com), a software suite that transforms PCs with hard drives into virtual desktops and the innovators of the SafeBook® thin client notebook. The company is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania with offices in London, Shanghai and Bangalore. Read Devon IT's technical blog, "Thin Tank," at http://www.devonit.com/blog.
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 3 for notebooks globally (IDC 2012), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2012 revenues reached US$14.7 billion. Please visit www.acer.com for more information.
All company, brand, or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- The Agile PMO
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- Three Things You Must Know About the End of Support of Windows Server 2003
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Learn How You Can Easily Extend Your Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Flexiant Acquires Besol’s Tapp Multi-Cloud Management Technology and Business
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- Ten Answers Regarding Mobile App Testing
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Windows Least Privilege Management and Beyond
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#