|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2013 11:52 AM EST||
ATLANTA, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- xbowling is partnering with the United States Bowling Congress (USBC) and the International Bowling Campus to deliver a unique new experience to bowlers and fans at the 2013 Open Championships and the 2013 Women's Open Championships beginning March 1 in Reno, Nev.
xbowling, a free app that allows bowlers using smart phones or other devices to compete with each other remotely, has created a special Tournament Edition of the app for the USBC championships. The xbowling Tournament Edition will include real-time tournament scores, a player stats package, competitive side-games and leaderboard challenges. The new technology will allow fans to track games frame-by-frame along with tournament standings and other statistics – all of which will be available through the xbowling app or online at www.xbowling.com.
As an exciting new addition to the 2013 Championships, xbowling is also introducing their trademark 90 Frame X Game™: bowlers who record strikes in designated frames over nine tournament games will be awarded points by xbowling, and bowlers who achieve a certain amount of points will win cash prizes.
"We're excited to bring a new dimension to the 2013 USBC Open Championships and provide bowlers and fans up-to-the-minute access to everything taking place at the National Bowling Stadium in Reno," said Timothy Minard, CEO of Sports Challenge Network, which developed xbowling. "Best of all, the xbowling app will let bowlers of all levels track their stats and standings just like the pros and enjoy playing challenges in hundreds of bowling centers that are using the technology."
xbowling ties directly into the scoring systems of technologically-enabled bowling centers and allows bowlers to connect with other players around the world. The app, which is available free from the Apple Store and Google play, also allows users to enter challenges, win prizes, track their scores and stats on their mobile device, climb the leaderboards and much more.
"We take pride in being able to showcase new technology at our events, and we're excited about keeping our bowlers connected even when they're not actually on the lanes competing," said Brian Lewis, USBC managing director of tournaments. "xbowling combines great interactive features with the spirit of competition and will add a fun new dynamic to our championship tournaments."
In addition to its partnership with USBC at the Championships in Reno, this year xbowling is the title sponsor of the Intercollegiate Team Championships (ITC), the Intercollegiate Singles Championships (ISC) and the presenting sponsor of the North Pointe Junior Gold Survivor Tournament. As with the Open and Women's Championships, collegiate fans using the xbowling app will be able to track players and teams at the ITC and ISC, which take place in Lincoln, Neb., in April.
"Bowling continues to be one of the most popular games in the world that people of all ages can enjoy," added Minard. "xbowling takes the social aspect a step further and allows people to compete with friends and family in real time, wherever they may be."
xbowling is the bowling industry's first mobile-based, sports challenge platform that is revolutionizing a sport rich in tradition that is also the number one participatory sport in the U.S. xbowling offers a multitude of ways to "connect and compete" regardless of skill level and from any location. This experience of "bowling without boundaries" presents an exciting new element to the sport via social mobile technology that allows players to enjoy individual, family, league and tournament competition as well as recreational play both locally and remotely. xbowling is the initial offering of Sports Challenge Network (SCN) and is available free from the Apple App Store and Google play. For more information, visit www.xbowling.com and find xbowling on Twitter @xbowling and Facebook.
About Sports Challenge Network
Sports Challenge Network (SCN) specializes in creating new ways for people to connect and compete in recreational sports through social, mobile-based technology. By developing industry-leading application platforms, SCN is redefining traditional gameplay for some of the world's oldest sports and games. SCN's team of industry veterans has deep experience in sports, games, technology and digital content from Apple, ESPN, Microsoft, Google, Cisco and Motorola. Privately held, SCN is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with development resources in Silicon Valley. For more information, visit www.scnlive.com.
United States Bowling Congress
The United States Bowling Congress serves as the national governing body for the sport. USBC is a membership organization that provides standardized rules, regulations and benefits to make bowling fair and fun for everyone. For more information, visit www.bowl.com.
Cookerly Public Relations
SOURCE Sports Challenge Network
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#