|By PR Newswire||
|February 28, 2013 09:30 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zacks.com announces the list of stocks featured in the Analyst Blog. Every day the Zacks Equity Research analysts discuss the latest news and events impacting stocks and the financial markets. Stocks recently featured in the blog include Bayer (OTC:BAYRY), Novartis (NYSE:NVS), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) and Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT).
Get the most recent insight from Zacks Equity Research with the free Profit from the Pros newsletter: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5513
Here are highlights from Wednesday's Analyst Blog:
Label Expansion for Bayer's Stivarga
Bayer's (OTC:BAYRY) Healthcare unit recently received encouraging news from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when the latter cleared the German company's Stivarga (regorafenib) for an additional indication.
The US regulatory body recently approved Stivarga for the treatment of patients suffering from locally advanced, unresectable or metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST). The patients were previously treated with Novartis' (NYSE:NVS) Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) and Pfizer Inc.'s (NYSE:PFE) Sutent (sunitinib malate).
Stivarga is already available in the US for treating patients suffering from metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC), whose disease had progressed even after treatment with the standard drugs prescribed for the disease.
The FDA approval for the new indication was based on encouraging data from a phase III study (GRID: n=199), which evaluated patients suffering from metastatic and/or unresectable GIST. The disease had progressed in the evaluated patients in spite of being previously treated with Gleevec and Sutent. Stivarga's label in the US carries a boxed warning citing the risk of hepatotoxicity.
Notably the FDA reviewed Bayer's oncology drug on a priority basis. We note that the US regulatory authority generally reviews those drugs on a priority basis, which offer major advances in treating diseases that do not have adequate therapy.
We expect the sales potential of Stivarga to be boosted further with the approval of the new indication (GIST). The good news came just before Bayer is gearing up for its fourth quarter announcement. Bayer will report its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 on Feb 28, 2013.
Bayer, a large cap pharma company, currently carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy). Another large cap pharma stock Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) also carries a comparable rank.
IRFC Selects Microsoft 365
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) has chosen the Office 365 suite from the world's largest software maker Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT). The two entities signed a global Enterprise Agreement based on a new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The reason for deploying the Office software is to equip IFRC's National Societies with advanced technologies such as cloud computing, which is expected to improve the efficiency of their operations and improve resource allocation. It will also facilitate communication and collaboration among its 1 million strong workforce i.e. volunteers and staff members and at the same time reduce IT expenses of the IFRC across the globe.
The American and Danish Red Cross Societies as well as the National Societies in Bangladesh and Namibia have already deployed Office 365 successfully. Other societies are expected to follow suit. Microsoft's software is enabling these societies to run their daily operations more efficiently.
Microsoft's Office 365 is a cloud-based, subscription-based software service. It was officially launched in 2011. The new Office comes with the traditional word processing, spreadsheets and email programs.
Want more from Zacks Equity Research? Subscribe to the free Profit from the Pros newsletter: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5515.
About Zacks Equity Research
Zacks Equity Research provides the best of quantitative and qualitative analysis to help investors know what stocks to buy and which to sell for the long-term.
Continuous coverage is provided for a universe of 1,150 publicly traded stocks. Our analysts are organized by industry which gives them keen insights to developments that affect company profits and stock performance. Recommendations and target prices are six-month time horizons.
Zacks "Profit from the Pros" e-mail newsletter provides highlights of the latest analysis from Zacks Equity Research. Subscribe to this free newsletter today: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5517
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978 by Leon Zacks. As a PhD from MIT Len knew he could find patterns in stock market data that would lead to superior investment results. Amongst his many accomplishments was the formation of his proprietary stock picking system; the Zacks Rank, which continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Register for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros at http://at.zacks.com/?id=5518.
Visit http://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
SOURCE Zacks Investment Research, Inc.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#