|By Business Wire||
|February 27, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
Accenture today announced that it has been named the APJ recipient of a VMware Partner Network Award in the Consulting and Integration Partner of the Year category. The award was presented at VMware Partner Exchange 2013, VMware’s annual partner event, on Feb. 26 in Las Vegas.
New Accenture and VMware joint solutions were designed to help organizations improve IT efficiencies through increased agility, automation and simplicity while reducing costs. The three key joint offerings, available globally, are:
- The Accenture Agile Data Center: This VMware software-powered solution accelerates the journey to cloud computing by providing a flexible IT infrastructure, combined with cloud-computing economics that are better able to provide the agility and service levels needed for sustainable business innovation and growth.
- The Accenture Foundation Platform for Java™: A rich, integrated collection of architecture services, standards, guidelines, frameworks and tools designed to address challenges common to software development, such as incorporating unproven implementation approaches and frameworks. The platform helps standardize resources, reduce IT costs and speed up the development of software.
- The Mobile Secure Desktop: A virtual architecture that provides end users with quick and easy access to applications and data across devices, locations and networks. This solution streamlines and automates desktop management and provides IT with the ability to apply location-aware, policy-driven access to corporate resources to ensure higher levels of security and compliance.
“We are pleased to recognize the achievements made in 2012 by members of the VMware partner ecosystem,” said Andrew Dutton, SVP and General Manager, APJ, VMware. “VMware Partner Exchange is dedicated to educating and equipping our partner ecosystem with the resources and insights they need to help deliver first class solutions for the software-defined datacenter in the coming year. We congratulate Accenture on winning a VMware Partner Network Award and we look forward to our mutual success in 2013.”
“This honor illustrates our strong relationship with VMware and our commitment to developing innovative solutions and a strong delivery team that can improve the efficiency with which our clients operate,” said Kim Loane, managing director of technology consulting, Asia Pacific, at Accenture. “However, our collaboration isn’t just about solutions and delivery. It’s about expanding our business and this partnership has helped us to expand license revenue agreements in the government agency, airline, energy, and banking markets.”
About VMware Partner Exchange 2013
VMware Partner Exchange 2013 is the leading global event for virtualization and cloud partners, bringing thousands of members from the VMware partner ecosystem together to discuss the future of the industry. With more than 200 sessions, including boot camps, breakouts, and workshops, as well as an extensive exhibitor pavilion, partners gain valuable insight on how to leverage new technologies to deliver the software-defined datacenter to customers. To learn more about VMware Partner Exchange, visit www.vmwarepartnerexchange.com.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 259,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#