|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 06:45 PM EST||
CULIACAN, Mexico, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V. ("Homex" or "the Company") [NYSE: HXM, BMV: HOMEX] today announced financial results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year ended December 31, 2012.
Pursuant to Article 78 of the General Provisions Applicable to Securities Issuers and Other Participants in the Securities Market (Disposiciones de Caracter General Aplicables a las Emisoras de Valores y a Otros Participantes del Mercado de Valores), beginning in 2012, the Company has adopted IFRS as issued by the International Accounting Standards Boards ("IASB").
- Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 21.5 percent to Ps.7.9 billion (US$614 million) from Ps.6.6 billion (US$505 million) for the same period in 2011. Housing revenues were Ps.5.7 billion (US$439 million), a decline of 4.4 percent compared to Ps. 5.9 billion (US$459 million) during the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the full year 2012, total revenues rose 30.5 percent to Ps.28.5 billion (US$2.2 billion) from Ps.21.8 billion (US$1.7 billion) in 2011. Total housing revenue for the full year 2012 decreased 6.5 percent to Ps.18.9 billion (US$1.4 billion) from Ps.20.2 billion (US$1.5 billion) during the same period of 2011. The Company's operations during the quarter and year were affected by 1) the uneven allocation of subsidies between vertical and horizontal home construction, 2) changes in the subsidy program affecting pricing dynamics, 3) additional requirements for mortgage originations with INFONAVIT and FOVISSSTE, 4) inherent effect from the government transition during the last quarter.
- During the quarter, in accordance with IFRS, the Company decided not to consolidate results of its penitentiary project located in Chiapas. As a result of this decision, during the quarter Homex had a negative contribution from penitentiary revenues. In contrast, revenues from infrastructure increased significantly to Ps.3.9 billion, as the construction services related to the Chiapas Project were recognized in this line.
- For the year, revenues from Penitentiary Projects were Ps.3.8 billion, reflecting the contribution from the Morelos project. During the quarter, due to the effects of the government transition, the issuance of Certificates of Construction Completion (CAAPS) was delayed affecting the Company's ability to draw down on the Banobras loan.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (adjusted EBITDA) during the quarter was Ps.491.9 million (US$37.9 million), a 63.3 percent decrease from the Ps.1, 339.1 million (US$103.1 million) during the same period in 2011. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the recent quarter was 6.2 percent compared to 20.4 percent during the same period of 2011. The decline in the quarter mainly reflects the accounting effect resulting from the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas project.
- As of December 31, 2012 and on a consolidated basis, Homex generated negative FCF of Ps.6.4 billion which was driven by the increase in accounts receivable from Mexico's housing division as well as from the recognition of the construction in progress (as AR) from the penitentiary project of Morelos. Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiary and adjusted for FX was negative at Ps.3.0 billion. On a quarterly basis, Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiaries was negative at Ps.2.4 billion for the fourth quarter from negative Ps.522 million for the third quarter.
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Thousands of pesos
Chg % and bps
Chg % and bps
Capitalization of Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC)
Gross profit adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating income adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Interest expense, net (a)
Net Income adjusted for FX
Adjusted EBITDA (b)
Gross margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Adjusted EBITDA margin
Net Income margin adjusted for FX
Earnings per share in Ps.
Earnings per share in Ps. adjusted for FX
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ (c)
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ adjusted for FX
Weighted avg. shares outstanding (MM)
Accounts receivable days (d)
Inventory (w/o land) days
Accounts payable days ( e)
Working Capital Cycle (WCC) days (f)
- Including interest expense recognized in Cost of Goods Sold ( COGS ) and Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC); not including interest expense from the penitentiary construction projects.
- Adjusted EBITDA is not a financial measure computed under IFRS. Adjusted EBITDA as derived from IFRS financial information means net income, plus (i) depreciation and amortization; (ii) net comprehensive financing costs ("CFC") (comprised of net interest expense (income), foreign exchange gain or loss, including CFC, capitalized to land balances, that is subsequently charged to cost of sales and (iii) income tax expense and employee statutory profit-sharing expense. See "Adjusted EBITDA" for a reconciliation of net income to Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 and 2011.
- US$ values estimated using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00 as of December 31, 2012. Common share/ADR ratio: 6:1.
- Accounts receivable not including receivables from the penitentiary construction projects
- Due to the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas Penitentiary Project the Company is also not recognizing the previously recognized Account Payable of Ps. 1.1 billion in relation to the acquisition of the equity stake at that federal penitentiary, even though the Company still has the commitment to acquire it. Previous periods are comparable as this payment has been excluded from the WCC calculations.
- WCC computation based on LTM COGS under IFRS and not including COGS and revenues from the penitentiary construction projects.
Commenting on fourth quarter and full year results, Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer of Homex, said:
"The year 2012 was challenging and the last quarter was no exception. Throughout the year, we faced a number of challenges which are a reflection of the continuing evolution of the housing industry in Mexico into one that is more supportive of better planned communities that provide for a better quality of life for Mexican families. We are happy to be an integral part of this positive transition, despite its initial negative financial effect, as we are convinced that this is the right path for long term positive performance of the housing industry in Mexico and we are confident that, at Homex, we have made the right decisions to ensure a profitable long-term future focused on positive Free Cash Flow generation.
We are also confident that the new Federal Government administration will continue to be supportive of the housing industry as demonstrated by the National Housing Policy recently announced, which we anticipate will provide greater support to higher density projects, which is a competitive strength for Homex and accordingly, an area in which we will continue to be a key player.
In regard to our Infrastructure Division and Prison Projects, we remain confident that both will be a key long- term asset for Homex that will provide significant added value to our business strategy. Today, we already have new contracts to execute construction works in addition to the Federal Penitentiaries. This also adds strategic value and business line diversification for Homex, and contributes to the Company's positive long-term outlook.
Overall, despite the lower than anticipated results, I am confident about Homex and our future, and that we will continue working to deliver positive results in each of our Four Divisions."
Detailed Financial Reports
The Company produces a detailed earnings report that provides information regarding Operating and Financial results. This detailed information is considered part of this earnings announcement and is available in full with this earnings release via the Company's website at http://www.homex.com.mx/ri/index.htm through email distribution or the Company's filings with the SEC and the CNBV.
DESARROLLADORA HOMEX, S.A.B de C.V.
FOURTH QUARTER 2012 RESULTS
CONFERENCE CALL NOTICE
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
9:00 AM Central Time (Mexico City)
10:00 AM Eastern Time (New York)
Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer
Carlos Moctezuma, Vice President of Finance and Planning and Chief Financial Officer
Vania Fueyo, Investor Relations Officer
U.S.: 866- 887-3678
Please call 10 minutes prior to start time and request the Homex call
 Unless otherwise noted, all monetary figures in the tables are presented in thousands of Mexican pesos and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 figures are presented without recognizing the effects of inflation per the application of IAS-29 "Effects of inflation." The symbols "Ps." and "$" refer to Mexican pesos and "US$" refers to U.S. dollars. U.S. dollar figures in this release are presented only for the convenience of the reader and are estimated, using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00. Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 financial information is unaudited and subject to adjustments.
Percentage of change expressed in basis points are provided for the convenience of the reader. Basis points figures may not match, due to rounding.
SOURCE Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V.
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,501
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,164
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,384
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 288
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 386
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 436
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,892
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,441
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,976
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,232
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 597
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,362
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,296
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,277
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,702
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,901
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,164
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,206
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,645
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 632