|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 06:45 PM EST||
CULIACAN, Mexico, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V. ("Homex" or "the Company") [NYSE: HXM, BMV: HOMEX] today announced financial results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year ended December 31, 2012.
Pursuant to Article 78 of the General Provisions Applicable to Securities Issuers and Other Participants in the Securities Market (Disposiciones de Caracter General Aplicables a las Emisoras de Valores y a Otros Participantes del Mercado de Valores), beginning in 2012, the Company has adopted IFRS as issued by the International Accounting Standards Boards ("IASB").
- Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 21.5 percent to Ps.7.9 billion (US$614 million) from Ps.6.6 billion (US$505 million) for the same period in 2011. Housing revenues were Ps.5.7 billion (US$439 million), a decline of 4.4 percent compared to Ps. 5.9 billion (US$459 million) during the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the full year 2012, total revenues rose 30.5 percent to Ps.28.5 billion (US$2.2 billion) from Ps.21.8 billion (US$1.7 billion) in 2011. Total housing revenue for the full year 2012 decreased 6.5 percent to Ps.18.9 billion (US$1.4 billion) from Ps.20.2 billion (US$1.5 billion) during the same period of 2011. The Company's operations during the quarter and year were affected by 1) the uneven allocation of subsidies between vertical and horizontal home construction, 2) changes in the subsidy program affecting pricing dynamics, 3) additional requirements for mortgage originations with INFONAVIT and FOVISSSTE, 4) inherent effect from the government transition during the last quarter.
- During the quarter, in accordance with IFRS, the Company decided not to consolidate results of its penitentiary project located in Chiapas. As a result of this decision, during the quarter Homex had a negative contribution from penitentiary revenues. In contrast, revenues from infrastructure increased significantly to Ps.3.9 billion, as the construction services related to the Chiapas Project were recognized in this line.
- For the year, revenues from Penitentiary Projects were Ps.3.8 billion, reflecting the contribution from the Morelos project. During the quarter, due to the effects of the government transition, the issuance of Certificates of Construction Completion (CAAPS) was delayed affecting the Company's ability to draw down on the Banobras loan.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (adjusted EBITDA) during the quarter was Ps.491.9 million (US$37.9 million), a 63.3 percent decrease from the Ps.1, 339.1 million (US$103.1 million) during the same period in 2011. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the recent quarter was 6.2 percent compared to 20.4 percent during the same period of 2011. The decline in the quarter mainly reflects the accounting effect resulting from the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas project.
- As of December 31, 2012 and on a consolidated basis, Homex generated negative FCF of Ps.6.4 billion which was driven by the increase in accounts receivable from Mexico's housing division as well as from the recognition of the construction in progress (as AR) from the penitentiary project of Morelos. Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiary and adjusted for FX was negative at Ps.3.0 billion. On a quarterly basis, Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiaries was negative at Ps.2.4 billion for the fourth quarter from negative Ps.522 million for the third quarter.
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Thousands of pesos
Chg % and bps
Chg % and bps
Capitalization of Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC)
Gross profit adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating income adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Interest expense, net (a)
Net Income adjusted for FX
Adjusted EBITDA (b)
Gross margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Adjusted EBITDA margin
Net Income margin adjusted for FX
Earnings per share in Ps.
Earnings per share in Ps. adjusted for FX
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ (c)
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ adjusted for FX
Weighted avg. shares outstanding (MM)
Accounts receivable days (d)
Inventory (w/o land) days
Accounts payable days ( e)
Working Capital Cycle (WCC) days (f)
- Including interest expense recognized in Cost of Goods Sold ( COGS ) and Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC); not including interest expense from the penitentiary construction projects.
- Adjusted EBITDA is not a financial measure computed under IFRS. Adjusted EBITDA as derived from IFRS financial information means net income, plus (i) depreciation and amortization; (ii) net comprehensive financing costs ("CFC") (comprised of net interest expense (income), foreign exchange gain or loss, including CFC, capitalized to land balances, that is subsequently charged to cost of sales and (iii) income tax expense and employee statutory profit-sharing expense. See "Adjusted EBITDA" for a reconciliation of net income to Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 and 2011.
- US$ values estimated using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00 as of December 31, 2012. Common share/ADR ratio: 6:1.
- Accounts receivable not including receivables from the penitentiary construction projects
- Due to the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas Penitentiary Project the Company is also not recognizing the previously recognized Account Payable of Ps. 1.1 billion in relation to the acquisition of the equity stake at that federal penitentiary, even though the Company still has the commitment to acquire it. Previous periods are comparable as this payment has been excluded from the WCC calculations.
- WCC computation based on LTM COGS under IFRS and not including COGS and revenues from the penitentiary construction projects.
Commenting on fourth quarter and full year results, Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer of Homex, said:
"The year 2012 was challenging and the last quarter was no exception. Throughout the year, we faced a number of challenges which are a reflection of the continuing evolution of the housing industry in Mexico into one that is more supportive of better planned communities that provide for a better quality of life for Mexican families. We are happy to be an integral part of this positive transition, despite its initial negative financial effect, as we are convinced that this is the right path for long term positive performance of the housing industry in Mexico and we are confident that, at Homex, we have made the right decisions to ensure a profitable long-term future focused on positive Free Cash Flow generation.
We are also confident that the new Federal Government administration will continue to be supportive of the housing industry as demonstrated by the National Housing Policy recently announced, which we anticipate will provide greater support to higher density projects, which is a competitive strength for Homex and accordingly, an area in which we will continue to be a key player.
In regard to our Infrastructure Division and Prison Projects, we remain confident that both will be a key long- term asset for Homex that will provide significant added value to our business strategy. Today, we already have new contracts to execute construction works in addition to the Federal Penitentiaries. This also adds strategic value and business line diversification for Homex, and contributes to the Company's positive long-term outlook.
Overall, despite the lower than anticipated results, I am confident about Homex and our future, and that we will continue working to deliver positive results in each of our Four Divisions."
Detailed Financial Reports
The Company produces a detailed earnings report that provides information regarding Operating and Financial results. This detailed information is considered part of this earnings announcement and is available in full with this earnings release via the Company's website at http://www.homex.com.mx/ri/index.htm through email distribution or the Company's filings with the SEC and the CNBV.
DESARROLLADORA HOMEX, S.A.B de C.V.
FOURTH QUARTER 2012 RESULTS
CONFERENCE CALL NOTICE
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
9:00 AM Central Time (Mexico City)
10:00 AM Eastern Time (New York)
Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer
Carlos Moctezuma, Vice President of Finance and Planning and Chief Financial Officer
Vania Fueyo, Investor Relations Officer
U.S.: 866- 887-3678
Please call 10 minutes prior to start time and request the Homex call
 Unless otherwise noted, all monetary figures in the tables are presented in thousands of Mexican pesos and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 figures are presented without recognizing the effects of inflation per the application of IAS-29 "Effects of inflation." The symbols "Ps." and "$" refer to Mexican pesos and "US$" refers to U.S. dollars. U.S. dollar figures in this release are presented only for the convenience of the reader and are estimated, using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00. Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 financial information is unaudited and subject to adjustments.
Percentage of change expressed in basis points are provided for the convenience of the reader. Basis points figures may not match, due to rounding.
SOURCE Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V.
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,687
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
Apr. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 646
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,513
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 951
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
Apr. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 939
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 438
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,272
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,450
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 876
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
Apr. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 852
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 836
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
Apr. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 897
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
Apr. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 682
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 660
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Apr. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,543
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,456
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,561
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,796