|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 06:45 PM EST||
CULIACAN, Mexico, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V. ("Homex" or "the Company") [NYSE: HXM, BMV: HOMEX] today announced financial results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year ended December 31, 2012.
Pursuant to Article 78 of the General Provisions Applicable to Securities Issuers and Other Participants in the Securities Market (Disposiciones de Caracter General Aplicables a las Emisoras de Valores y a Otros Participantes del Mercado de Valores), beginning in 2012, the Company has adopted IFRS as issued by the International Accounting Standards Boards ("IASB").
- Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 21.5 percent to Ps.7.9 billion (US$614 million) from Ps.6.6 billion (US$505 million) for the same period in 2011. Housing revenues were Ps.5.7 billion (US$439 million), a decline of 4.4 percent compared to Ps. 5.9 billion (US$459 million) during the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the full year 2012, total revenues rose 30.5 percent to Ps.28.5 billion (US$2.2 billion) from Ps.21.8 billion (US$1.7 billion) in 2011. Total housing revenue for the full year 2012 decreased 6.5 percent to Ps.18.9 billion (US$1.4 billion) from Ps.20.2 billion (US$1.5 billion) during the same period of 2011. The Company's operations during the quarter and year were affected by 1) the uneven allocation of subsidies between vertical and horizontal home construction, 2) changes in the subsidy program affecting pricing dynamics, 3) additional requirements for mortgage originations with INFONAVIT and FOVISSSTE, 4) inherent effect from the government transition during the last quarter.
- During the quarter, in accordance with IFRS, the Company decided not to consolidate results of its penitentiary project located in Chiapas. As a result of this decision, during the quarter Homex had a negative contribution from penitentiary revenues. In contrast, revenues from infrastructure increased significantly to Ps.3.9 billion, as the construction services related to the Chiapas Project were recognized in this line.
- For the year, revenues from Penitentiary Projects were Ps.3.8 billion, reflecting the contribution from the Morelos project. During the quarter, due to the effects of the government transition, the issuance of Certificates of Construction Completion (CAAPS) was delayed affecting the Company's ability to draw down on the Banobras loan.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (adjusted EBITDA) during the quarter was Ps.491.9 million (US$37.9 million), a 63.3 percent decrease from the Ps.1, 339.1 million (US$103.1 million) during the same period in 2011. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the recent quarter was 6.2 percent compared to 20.4 percent during the same period of 2011. The decline in the quarter mainly reflects the accounting effect resulting from the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas project.
- As of December 31, 2012 and on a consolidated basis, Homex generated negative FCF of Ps.6.4 billion which was driven by the increase in accounts receivable from Mexico's housing division as well as from the recognition of the construction in progress (as AR) from the penitentiary project of Morelos. Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiary and adjusted for FX was negative at Ps.3.0 billion. On a quarterly basis, Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiaries was negative at Ps.2.4 billion for the fourth quarter from negative Ps.522 million for the third quarter.
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Thousands of pesos
Chg % and bps
Chg % and bps
Capitalization of Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC)
Gross profit adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating income adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Interest expense, net (a)
Net Income adjusted for FX
Adjusted EBITDA (b)
Gross margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Adjusted EBITDA margin
Net Income margin adjusted for FX
Earnings per share in Ps.
Earnings per share in Ps. adjusted for FX
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ (c)
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ adjusted for FX
Weighted avg. shares outstanding (MM)
Accounts receivable days (d)
Inventory (w/o land) days
Accounts payable days ( e)
Working Capital Cycle (WCC) days (f)
- Including interest expense recognized in Cost of Goods Sold ( COGS ) and Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC); not including interest expense from the penitentiary construction projects.
- Adjusted EBITDA is not a financial measure computed under IFRS. Adjusted EBITDA as derived from IFRS financial information means net income, plus (i) depreciation and amortization; (ii) net comprehensive financing costs ("CFC") (comprised of net interest expense (income), foreign exchange gain or loss, including CFC, capitalized to land balances, that is subsequently charged to cost of sales and (iii) income tax expense and employee statutory profit-sharing expense. See "Adjusted EBITDA" for a reconciliation of net income to Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 and 2011.
- US$ values estimated using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00 as of December 31, 2012. Common share/ADR ratio: 6:1.
- Accounts receivable not including receivables from the penitentiary construction projects
- Due to the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas Penitentiary Project the Company is also not recognizing the previously recognized Account Payable of Ps. 1.1 billion in relation to the acquisition of the equity stake at that federal penitentiary, even though the Company still has the commitment to acquire it. Previous periods are comparable as this payment has been excluded from the WCC calculations.
- WCC computation based on LTM COGS under IFRS and not including COGS and revenues from the penitentiary construction projects.
Commenting on fourth quarter and full year results, Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer of Homex, said:
"The year 2012 was challenging and the last quarter was no exception. Throughout the year, we faced a number of challenges which are a reflection of the continuing evolution of the housing industry in Mexico into one that is more supportive of better planned communities that provide for a better quality of life for Mexican families. We are happy to be an integral part of this positive transition, despite its initial negative financial effect, as we are convinced that this is the right path for long term positive performance of the housing industry in Mexico and we are confident that, at Homex, we have made the right decisions to ensure a profitable long-term future focused on positive Free Cash Flow generation.
We are also confident that the new Federal Government administration will continue to be supportive of the housing industry as demonstrated by the National Housing Policy recently announced, which we anticipate will provide greater support to higher density projects, which is a competitive strength for Homex and accordingly, an area in which we will continue to be a key player.
In regard to our Infrastructure Division and Prison Projects, we remain confident that both will be a key long- term asset for Homex that will provide significant added value to our business strategy. Today, we already have new contracts to execute construction works in addition to the Federal Penitentiaries. This also adds strategic value and business line diversification for Homex, and contributes to the Company's positive long-term outlook.
Overall, despite the lower than anticipated results, I am confident about Homex and our future, and that we will continue working to deliver positive results in each of our Four Divisions."
Detailed Financial Reports
The Company produces a detailed earnings report that provides information regarding Operating and Financial results. This detailed information is considered part of this earnings announcement and is available in full with this earnings release via the Company's website at http://www.homex.com.mx/ri/index.htm through email distribution or the Company's filings with the SEC and the CNBV.
DESARROLLADORA HOMEX, S.A.B de C.V.
FOURTH QUARTER 2012 RESULTS
CONFERENCE CALL NOTICE
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
9:00 AM Central Time (Mexico City)
10:00 AM Eastern Time (New York)
Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer
Carlos Moctezuma, Vice President of Finance and Planning and Chief Financial Officer
Vania Fueyo, Investor Relations Officer
U.S.: 866- 887-3678
Please call 10 minutes prior to start time and request the Homex call
 Unless otherwise noted, all monetary figures in the tables are presented in thousands of Mexican pesos and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 figures are presented without recognizing the effects of inflation per the application of IAS-29 "Effects of inflation." The symbols "Ps." and "$" refer to Mexican pesos and "US$" refers to U.S. dollars. U.S. dollar figures in this release are presented only for the convenience of the reader and are estimated, using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00. Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 financial information is unaudited and subject to adjustments.
Percentage of change expressed in basis points are provided for the convenience of the reader. Basis points figures may not match, due to rounding.
SOURCE Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,578
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,990
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,435
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,355
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,121
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 5,662
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,847
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:27 AM EST Reads: 230
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 16, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 3,014
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,486
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,838
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,085
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,499
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,839
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,230
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,740
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,926
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,670
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,156
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,789