|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 06:45 PM EST||
CULIACAN, Mexico, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V. ("Homex" or "the Company") [NYSE: HXM, BMV: HOMEX] today announced financial results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year ended December 31, 2012.
Pursuant to Article 78 of the General Provisions Applicable to Securities Issuers and Other Participants in the Securities Market (Disposiciones de Caracter General Aplicables a las Emisoras de Valores y a Otros Participantes del Mercado de Valores), beginning in 2012, the Company has adopted IFRS as issued by the International Accounting Standards Boards ("IASB").
- Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 21.5 percent to Ps.7.9 billion (US$614 million) from Ps.6.6 billion (US$505 million) for the same period in 2011. Housing revenues were Ps.5.7 billion (US$439 million), a decline of 4.4 percent compared to Ps. 5.9 billion (US$459 million) during the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the full year 2012, total revenues rose 30.5 percent to Ps.28.5 billion (US$2.2 billion) from Ps.21.8 billion (US$1.7 billion) in 2011. Total housing revenue for the full year 2012 decreased 6.5 percent to Ps.18.9 billion (US$1.4 billion) from Ps.20.2 billion (US$1.5 billion) during the same period of 2011. The Company's operations during the quarter and year were affected by 1) the uneven allocation of subsidies between vertical and horizontal home construction, 2) changes in the subsidy program affecting pricing dynamics, 3) additional requirements for mortgage originations with INFONAVIT and FOVISSSTE, 4) inherent effect from the government transition during the last quarter.
- During the quarter, in accordance with IFRS, the Company decided not to consolidate results of its penitentiary project located in Chiapas. As a result of this decision, during the quarter Homex had a negative contribution from penitentiary revenues. In contrast, revenues from infrastructure increased significantly to Ps.3.9 billion, as the construction services related to the Chiapas Project were recognized in this line.
- For the year, revenues from Penitentiary Projects were Ps.3.8 billion, reflecting the contribution from the Morelos project. During the quarter, due to the effects of the government transition, the issuance of Certificates of Construction Completion (CAAPS) was delayed affecting the Company's ability to draw down on the Banobras loan.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (adjusted EBITDA) during the quarter was Ps.491.9 million (US$37.9 million), a 63.3 percent decrease from the Ps.1, 339.1 million (US$103.1 million) during the same period in 2011. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the recent quarter was 6.2 percent compared to 20.4 percent during the same period of 2011. The decline in the quarter mainly reflects the accounting effect resulting from the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas project.
- As of December 31, 2012 and on a consolidated basis, Homex generated negative FCF of Ps.6.4 billion which was driven by the increase in accounts receivable from Mexico's housing division as well as from the recognition of the construction in progress (as AR) from the penitentiary project of Morelos. Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiary and adjusted for FX was negative at Ps.3.0 billion. On a quarterly basis, Homex FCF without the Federal Penitentiaries was negative at Ps.2.4 billion for the fourth quarter from negative Ps.522 million for the third quarter.
FINANCIAL AND OPERATING HIGHLIGHTS
Thousands of pesos
Chg % and bps
Chg % and bps
Capitalization of Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC)
Gross profit adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating income adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Interest expense, net (a)
Net Income adjusted for FX
Adjusted EBITDA (b)
Gross margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Operating margin adjusted for capitalization of CFC
Adjusted EBITDA margin
Net Income margin adjusted for FX
Earnings per share in Ps.
Earnings per share in Ps. adjusted for FX
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ (c)
Earnings per ADR presented in US$ adjusted for FX
Weighted avg. shares outstanding (MM)
Accounts receivable days (d)
Inventory (w/o land) days
Accounts payable days ( e)
Working Capital Cycle (WCC) days (f)
- Including interest expense recognized in Cost of Goods Sold ( COGS ) and Comprehensive Financing Costs (CFC); not including interest expense from the penitentiary construction projects.
- Adjusted EBITDA is not a financial measure computed under IFRS. Adjusted EBITDA as derived from IFRS financial information means net income, plus (i) depreciation and amortization; (ii) net comprehensive financing costs ("CFC") (comprised of net interest expense (income), foreign exchange gain or loss, including CFC, capitalized to land balances, that is subsequently charged to cost of sales and (iii) income tax expense and employee statutory profit-sharing expense. See "Adjusted EBITDA" for a reconciliation of net income to Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 and 2011.
- US$ values estimated using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00 as of December 31, 2012. Common share/ADR ratio: 6:1.
- Accounts receivable not including receivables from the penitentiary construction projects
- Due to the Company's decision not to consolidate the Chiapas Penitentiary Project the Company is also not recognizing the previously recognized Account Payable of Ps. 1.1 billion in relation to the acquisition of the equity stake at that federal penitentiary, even though the Company still has the commitment to acquire it. Previous periods are comparable as this payment has been excluded from the WCC calculations.
- WCC computation based on LTM COGS under IFRS and not including COGS and revenues from the penitentiary construction projects.
Commenting on fourth quarter and full year results, Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer of Homex, said:
"The year 2012 was challenging and the last quarter was no exception. Throughout the year, we faced a number of challenges which are a reflection of the continuing evolution of the housing industry in Mexico into one that is more supportive of better planned communities that provide for a better quality of life for Mexican families. We are happy to be an integral part of this positive transition, despite its initial negative financial effect, as we are convinced that this is the right path for long term positive performance of the housing industry in Mexico and we are confident that, at Homex, we have made the right decisions to ensure a profitable long-term future focused on positive Free Cash Flow generation.
We are also confident that the new Federal Government administration will continue to be supportive of the housing industry as demonstrated by the National Housing Policy recently announced, which we anticipate will provide greater support to higher density projects, which is a competitive strength for Homex and accordingly, an area in which we will continue to be a key player.
In regard to our Infrastructure Division and Prison Projects, we remain confident that both will be a key long- term asset for Homex that will provide significant added value to our business strategy. Today, we already have new contracts to execute construction works in addition to the Federal Penitentiaries. This also adds strategic value and business line diversification for Homex, and contributes to the Company's positive long-term outlook.
Overall, despite the lower than anticipated results, I am confident about Homex and our future, and that we will continue working to deliver positive results in each of our Four Divisions."
Detailed Financial Reports
The Company produces a detailed earnings report that provides information regarding Operating and Financial results. This detailed information is considered part of this earnings announcement and is available in full with this earnings release via the Company's website at http://www.homex.com.mx/ri/index.htm through email distribution or the Company's filings with the SEC and the CNBV.
DESARROLLADORA HOMEX, S.A.B de C.V.
FOURTH QUARTER 2012 RESULTS
CONFERENCE CALL NOTICE
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
9:00 AM Central Time (Mexico City)
10:00 AM Eastern Time (New York)
Gerardo de Nicolas, Chief Executive Officer
Carlos Moctezuma, Vice President of Finance and Planning and Chief Financial Officer
Vania Fueyo, Investor Relations Officer
U.S.: 866- 887-3678
Please call 10 minutes prior to start time and request the Homex call
 Unless otherwise noted, all monetary figures in the tables are presented in thousands of Mexican pesos and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 figures are presented without recognizing the effects of inflation per the application of IAS-29 "Effects of inflation." The symbols "Ps." and "$" refer to Mexican pesos and "US$" refers to U.S. dollars. U.S. dollar figures in this release are presented only for the convenience of the reader and are estimated, using an exchange rate of Ps.12.9880 per US$1.00. Fourth quarter and Full Year 2012 and 2011 financial information is unaudited and subject to adjustments.
Percentage of change expressed in basis points are provided for the convenience of the reader. Basis points figures may not match, due to rounding.
SOURCE Desarrolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V.
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,298
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,207
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 946
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,311
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 970
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,130
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 788
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,286
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,108
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,345
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,084
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 619
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 746
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,610
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Jun. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,359
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,650
industrial company for a multi-year contract initially valued at over $4.0 million. In addition to DataV software, Bsquare will also provide comprehensive systems integration, support and maintenance services. DataV leverages advanced data analytics, predictive reasoning, data-driven diagnostics, and automated orchestration of remediation actions in order to improve asset uptime while reducing service and warranty costs.
Jun. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,370
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Jun. 19, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,276