|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 05:30 PM EST||
NORCROSS, Ga. and NUREMBERG, Germany, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Megatrends Inc. (AMI), a global leader in BIOS, remote management and network storage innovations, is pleased to announce a new technical partnership with Fujitsu Technology Solutions (FTS) to jointly promote AMI's MegaRAC® XMS Manageability Framework on industrial PC systems from FTS. AMI brings its expertise in reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) and out-of-band manageability to FTS, the leading provider of IT infrastructure products in Europe and a key player in the ever-expanding field of embedded systems design.
The official launch of this partnership will take place at Embedded World 2013 in Nuremberg, Germany, when the world's largest embedded technology event kicks off on February 26, 2013. Throughout Embedded World 2013, AMI will showcase some of the solutions from FTS that will incorporate manageability with MegaRAC XMS into their systems.
MegaRAC XMS provides customizable, complete 360 degree management for collaborative management of network attached devices from hardware to application level. Its "single pane of glass" centralized remote manageability of system hardware health, using technologies like AMT and DASH, along with asset management and host provisioning make MegaRAC XMS the solution of choice for enterprise-level device management. The extendible plug-in architecture of XMS can be used to manage IPMI devices, Operating Systems, Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT)and DMTF's Desktop and mobile Architecture for System Hardware (DASH) devices - and much more. The XMS base platform provides the overall management infrastructure for the plugins, while each plugin provides targeted manageability features to meet individual needs. MegaRAC XMS offers a growing list of off-the-shelf plugins for management of the Operating System, Power, IPMI Devices, Microsoft® Hyper-V™ and VMware® ESX virtual machines and beyond, for the ultimate in network enterprise management.
As a complete manageability platform, MegaRAC XMS empowers systems like those from FTS that incorporate AMT and DASH advanced manageability features to realize to the full potential of these management technologies. Embedded systems built on industrial mainboards from FTS feature the best chipsets and processors to provide outstanding quality and performance for the most demanding applications. FTS embedded products are found around the world in a wide variety of applications from medical engineering, point-of-sale (POS) and kiosk systems to digital signage installations. They offer the reliability of an industrial mainboard at a cost not much higher than that of a desktop system.
Peter Hoser, Director OEM Sales Systemboards from FTS, commented that "Our experience as a leader in embedded systems has shown us that the next generation of embedded systems has a great need for advanced manageability. The capability to remotely manage power and device status, virtualization, OS updates and the like becomes critical as these systems are installed in areas where high traffic or remoteness prevent onsite management. Moreover, increasing demand for power management and operational efficiency has driven us to seek a solid management solution for our industrial customers, and partnering with AMI for their MegaRAC XMS management framework for these systems was a solid choice."
In the words of Subramonian Shankar, American Megatrends CEO and President, "We are pleased to commence this technical partnership with a true industry leader in FTS. From our perspective, the real benefit of this collaboration is how MegaRAC XMS enables FTS systems to realize to the true value of management technologies like DASH and AMT – something the market has lacked until now. We have every expectation that this will be a 'win-win' relationship, both for us and the market, which will benefit from ever-affordable and reliable systems from FTS supported with the most powerful and flexible management protocol from AMI."
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions: Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group.
Founded in 1985 and known worldwide for AMIBIOS®, American Megatrends Inc. (AMI) supplies state-of-the-art hardware, software, and utilities to top-tier manufacturers of desktop, server, mobile and embedded systems. AMI's industry leading Aptio® V UEFI BIOS firmware, innovative StorTrends® Network Storage hardware and software products and MegaRAC® remote server management solutions continue to garner industry acclaim and awards around the world. In line with the diversity of its technology and product line, AMI is a member of a number of industry associations and standards groups, such as the Unified EFI Forum (UEFI), the Intel® Intelligent Systems Alliance and the Trusted Computing Group (TCG). Headquartered in Norcross, Georgia, AMI has locations in the U.S., China, Germany, India, Japan, Korea and Taiwan to better serve its customers.
For more information on AMI, its products or services, call 1-800-U-BUY-AMI or visit www.ami.com.
SOURCE American Megatrends Inc. (AMI)
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- One Horizon Group Announces First Quarter 2014 Results
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#