|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 09:00 PM EST||
Renesas Mobile Corporation, an innovative supplier of advanced cellular semiconductor solutions and platforms and Ericsson, the world's leading provider of communications technology and services, today announced a demonstration of the world’s first inter-mode Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) call using pre-commercial devices from a leading manufacturer. This will take place at China Mobile’s booth 5I120 at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona.
The next step in the evolution of VoLTE, this demonstration, held in conjunction with leading Chinese operator China Mobile, illustrates Renesas Mobile and Ericsson’s commitment to ensure the seamless operation of VoLTE across different networks. This converged TD-LTE and FDD-LTE approach enables operators to balance the load between each LTE network. It also permits international roaming independent of consumers’ device capabilities as terminals are currently TD or FDD only. Ericsson’s convergent IP Media Subsystem (IMS) core ensures that VoLTE services are consistent, regardless of the underlying radio network (FDD or TD), to ensure a more consistent user experience. The Renesas Mobile multi-mode LTE SP2532, MP5232 and MP6530 platforms all have a convergence compliant IMS client supporting both networks. This also means that Renesas Mobile has the capability to support VoLTE on 3rd party application processors when used in conjunction with the SP2532.
“Renesas Mobile and Ericsson have been collaborating for many years and this is another example of that relationship bringing direct benefits to our customers,” said Heikki Tenhunen, senior vice president Renesas Mobile Corporation. He continued “VoLTE is a key enabler for supporting voice over LTE and we are ensuring that this technology is validated and proven with leading infrastructure vendors.”
This advance in VoLTE will be used by operators who have both FDD and TD-LTE assets, in either the same, or different countries. Renesas Mobile and Ericsson are currently in discussions with customers who have both types of network in use.
About Renesas Mobile Corporation
Renesas Mobile Corporation (RMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) and offers advanced and innovative products and services for mobile phones, car infotainment solutions, consumer electronics and industrial applications. Renesas Mobile's mission is to develop, productize and deliver communications centric semiconductor chipsets and complete hardware and software platforms built on these chipsets to meet the needs of our customers in these markets. Renesas Mobile provides complete cellular chipset platform solutions including powerful applications processors, leadership and industry reference cellular modems, highly integrated radio frequency devices and intelligent power management solutions. Renesas Mobile offers our customer complete system and software expertise to develop flagship devices more rapidly.
More information can be found at www.renesasmobile.com.
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
We operate in 180 countries and employ more than 100,000 people. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2011 the company's net sales were SEK 226.9 billion (USD 35.0 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
Names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#