|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Atlantis Computing, the award-winning leader in data center storage optimization solutions, today announced that Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI won Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com's Silver 2012 Product of the Year award in the Enterprise Storage System Software category: http://searchvirtualstorage.techtarget.com/feature/Atlantis-ILIO-Diskless-VDI-30.
The Enterprise Storage System Software category included file systems, volume management, storage virtualization software, security software, storage optimization applications and data reduction. Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI beat out Virsto Software's Virsto for vSphere; Caringo CAStor with Elastic Content Protection; iWave Software Storage Automator; Afore Solutions CloudLink with Secure Virtual Storage Appliance; Inktank Storage Ceph; Maginatics MagFS; Proximal Data AutoCache; and Sanbolic AppCluster. Microsoft Windows Server 2012 received the Gold Product of the Year award and VeloBit HyperCache received the Bronze.
All the enterprise storage products were judged based on innovation, performance, ease of integration into an environment, ease of use and manageability, functionality and value.
"Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI scored the highest average marks for performance of all the entries in the storage system software category," said SearchStorage.com Senior Writer Carol Sliwa. "One judge on our panel called Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI software 'highly innovative software that reduces VDI infrastructure requirements and admin manual-labor-intensive tasks.' The judge viewed the product as the 'true definition of doing more with less: higher performance at lower cost.'"
"We are honored for Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI to win this Product of the Year award," said Bernard Harguindeguy, president and CEO of Atlantis Computing. "This is the latest in a series of awards including Best of VMworld US and EMEA and Best of Citrix Synergy, which underscores how Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI helps our customers drive down infrastructure costs, boost desktop performance and automate deployments to further reduce risks."
Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI is the only solution in the industry to enable stateless Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments without the need for virtual desktop storage -- which traditionally represents 40% to 60% of the total cost of a VDI deployment. Atlantis ILIO uses local server RAM as the only storage for virtual desktops, eliminating storage traffic and significantly simplifying deployment architectures. SSDs, SSD arrays and traditional SAS and SATA drives based storage are completely eliminated, greatly reducing CAPEX as well as all storage-related OPEX including power, cooling and the cost of maintaining and repairing failed devices.
Atlantis ILIO automates all deployment phases including the storage sizing which traditionally represents one of the biggest deployment risks -- without storage sizing, deploying stateless desktops has never been so simple. Atlantis ILIO also automates its installation, configuration and data store creation for all virtual desktops -- multiple racks of servers can be deployed in hours. Traditional tools from Citrix and VMware can be used to finalize provisioning.
About Atlantis Computing
Atlantis Computing, winner of "Best of VMworld" and "Best of Citrix Synergy" awards, addresses the challenges of storage-intensive virtualized and cloud applications: performance, cost and the ability to scale-out on demand. Atlantis ILIO complements existing virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware and enables the most efficient use of data center storage by any virtual machine, fully automates deployments and lowers implementation risks. Atlantis Computing is privately held and funded by Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech International with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe. For more information, visit: www.atlantiscomputing.com.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis ILIO and Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI, In-Memory VDI, Atlantis ILIO for XenApp, Atlantis ILIO FlexCloud and Atlantis ILIO Persistent VDI are trademarks of Atlantis Computing, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Follow Atlantis Computing on Twitter: @AtlantisILIO
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#