|By Marketwired .||
|February 13, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- In order to help customers increase efficiency, achieve stronger internal controls and improve transparency between book and tax data, Oracle announced Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision.
- Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision allows customers to collect, calculate and report on the consolidated tax provision and more closely align tax with financial reporting.
- Built on the Hyperion Financial Close Suite, Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision is a web-based tax application that addresses the full scope of the global tax provision process.
- Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision replaces the highly manual methods used by most organizations with an automated and standardized process that increases efficiency. Furthermore, it integrates with tax compliance software and improves the overall compliance process by providing a more streamlined book-to-tax process.
- Integrated with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision is based on the same technology trusted by thousands of finance organizations to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting.
- The calculation of the income tax provision is a key part of an organization's financial close process. Therefore, a stronger alignment of the tax provision with the financial close process benefits both tax and finance by helping to eliminate redundant processes and increasing transparency of the broader financial reporting process.
- Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision helps Oracle, and its partners, add more value for their customers; delivering a more comprehensive solution that helps address the needs of both tax and finance executives.
- Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision is available in North America and the United Kingdom.
Addressing the Corporate Tax Provision
Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision integrates with the Hyperion Financial Close suite and offers the following benefits:
- Efficiency, Speed & Data Integrity: Integration of the tax provision with the financial process helps ensure that tax and finance data reconcile at all times, and eliminates the need for redundant maintenance of data and metadata. This allows tax to always work with the latest financial data. Tax can spend less time on data and more time on analysis.
- Autonomy: Tax can realize the efficiencies of being more closely integrated with the financial close process, but both finance and tax still retain the autonomy that is necessary to meet their individual reporting needs.
- Enterprise-quality Tax Reporting: The corporate tax department is empowered with the same robust reporting tools as used by finance. This allows for easy drill-down and variance reporting (e.g. actual vs. history, actual vs. forecast). It also leads to economies in training and on-boarding new users. This includes both Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting and Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office (Microsoft Office Add-in).
- Stronger controls & easier access for users: Regional controllers that submit data to both corporate finance and corporate tax during the financial close can work from the same easy to use interface -- instead of switching between two different solutions. This results in a stronger control environment enabling regional controllers to perform efficiently and quickly -- instead of reconciling data between two separate systems.
- Transparency between book and tax data: Finance has better transparency between book and tax data -- especially for tax journal entry, disclosures and key metrics such as effective tax rate.
- "Today's globalized economy requires more agility and transparency in financial reporting," said Hari Sankar, vice president of product management at Oracle. "Tax provisioning is a key step in the financial close process, yet in most corporations tax and financial reporting are not well integrated. With Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision, customers can use their investments in Oracle Hyperion Financial Management to collect, calculate and report on the global consolidated tax provision, and integrate it with their financial reporting."
- "We believe that a corporate tax provision process that is not closely aligned with the financial reporting process may expose companies to unnecessary risk and inefficiencies. Aligning corporate tax and finance systems may greatly enhance the ability of tax departments to execute their responsibilities more effectively," said Michael J. Johnson, performance management technology leader for Deloitte's Tax Management Consulting Practice.
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Hyperion Tax Provision Data Sheet
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management
- Oracle Financial Close and Reporting Solutions
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Akana, a leading provider of API Management, API Security and Cloud Integration solutions, announced that it is introducing DevOps automation to the API lifecycle. New capabilities in Akana's API Management platform significantly reduce the time required to update API definitions and versions. DevOps teams will be able to work faster in designing and developing APIs, as well as managing them at runtime and publishing them to a portal.
Jun. 2, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 598
2015 predictions circa 1970: houses anticipate our needs and adapt, city infrastructure is citizen and situation aware, office buildings identify and preprocess you. Today smart buildings have no such collective conscience, no shared set of fundamental services to identify, predict and synchronize around us. LiveSpace and M2Mi are changing that. LiveSpace Smart Environment devices deliver over the M2Mi IoT Platform real time presence, awareness and intent analytics as a service to local connected devices. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sarah Cooper, VP Business of Development at M2Mi, will d...
Jun. 2, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,034
DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo New York is offering a limited time FREE "Expo Plus" registration option in New York. On site registration price of $1,95 will be set to 'free' for delegates who register during special offer. To take advantage of this opportunity, attendees can use the coupon code, and secure their registration to attend all keynotes, @DevOpsSummit sessions at Cloud Expo, expo floor, and SYS-CON.tv power panels. Special FREE registration givess access to all Containers and Microservices sessions. Registration page is located at the DevOps Summit site. Your DevOps Summit registratio...
Jun. 2, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 941
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 2, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,315
The world is at a tipping point where the technology, the device and global adoption are converging to such a point that we will see an explosion of a world where smartphone devices not only allow us to talk to each other, but allow for communication between everything – serving as a central hub from which we control our world – MediaTek is at the heart of both driving this and allowing the markets to drive this reality forward themselves. The next wave of consumer gadgets is here – smart, connected, and small. If your ambitions are big, so are ours. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jack Hu, D...
Jun. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,112
The only place to be Nov 3-5 is Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo | DevOps Summit 2015 West at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT, Big Data and DevOps companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether...
Jun. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,766
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are rapidly redefining traditional integration approaches and their reliance on proprietary connectors. ...
Jun. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 694
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, will analyze how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Pay...
Jun. 2, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 940
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 2, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 891
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,719
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it!
Jun. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 897
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, will describe how to revolutionize your architecture and...
Jun. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,170
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
Jun. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,381
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
Jun. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,690
ThingsExpo New York is offering a limited time FREE "Expo Plus" registration option in New York. On site registration price of $1,95 will be set to 'free' for delegates who register during special offer. To take advantage of this opportunity, attendees can use the coupon code, and secure their registration to attend all keynotes, ThingsExpo sessions, expo floor, and SYS-CON.tv power panels. Special FREE registration givess access to all DevOps, Containers and Microservices sessions as well. Registration page is located at the ThingsExpo site.
Jun. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 992
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participa...
Jun. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,203
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are being generated, and that data is being processed into useful actions that can “command and control” thi...
Jun. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,175
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jun. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,026
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,264
Thanks to widespread Internet adoption and more than 10 billion connected devices around the world, companies became more excited than ever about the Internet of Things in 2014. Add in the hype around Google Glass and the Nest Thermostat, and nearly every business, including those from traditionally low-tech industries, wanted in. But despite the buzz, some very real business questions emerged – mainly, not if a device can be connected, or even when, but why? Why does connecting to the cloud create greater value for the user? Why do connected features improve the overall experience? And why do...
Jun. 2, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,071