|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 01:44 PM EST||
BURLINGTON, VT -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Seventh Generation was recognized as a 'Rockstar of the New Economy' earning the Lifetime Achievement Award for its durability, resilience, and ability to not just survive, but thrive in an ever-changing marketplace.
As noted in the Fast Company article announcing the honor, Seventh Generation product sales in 2011 alone helped save 77,000 trees, 28 million gallons of water, and enough energy to heat 1,700 U.S. homes for a year. The company also prevented 35,000 pounds of chlorine and 52,000 pounds of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from being released into the environment. Between 2010 and 2011 Seventh Generation decreased normalized greenhouse gas emissions by 8%, a change whose impact is equivalent to the removal of 283 cars from the road for a year. All told, since 1999, the company's product sales have saved nearly 523,000 trees or 1.8 million barrels of petroleum
Three businesses nationally were recognized. Solar company Sun Light & Power and America's oldest flour company, King Arthur Flour, shared the honor with Seventh Generation. Operating from 25 to nearly 225 years, these companies have maintained their commitment to mission through up and down business cycles and continued to create high quality jobs and to improve the quality of life in their communities.
"Rockstars inspire us; they make us think, 'That's awesome! I want to do that,'" says Jay Coen Gilbert, co-founder of B Lab, the nonprofit that honored these 'Rockstars of the New Economy.' "These Rockstars paved the way for a growing community of green, responsible, and sustainable businesses who define their success not just by their financial growth, but also by their social impact."
"This is a tremendous way to kick-off our twenty-fifth year in business," said John Replogle, CEO of Seventh Generation. "We only hope that we can continue to inspire a consumer revolution to nurture the health of the next seven generations, so we can see the environmental impacts of our products on an even larger scale."
Seventh Generation and other Rockstars are highlighted by Fast Company in their "Rockstars" series, a partnership with the nonprofit B Lab which certifies B Corporations as having met rigorous, transparent standards of social and environmental performance. In past months, B Lab has recognized other Rockstars like Revolution Foods, Better World Books, Happy Family, Guayaki, DIRTT, and Sungevity for their high growth and high impact.
About Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation is committed to being the most trusted brand of household and personal care products for your living home. Our products offer solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within your home -- and for the community and environment outside of it. Seventh Generation also offers baby products that are safe for your children and the planet. The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy that states, "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." Every time you use a Seventh Generation product you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, and making the world a better place for this and the next seven generations. For information on Seven Generation cleaning, paper, baby and feminine personal care products, to find store locations, and explore the company's website visit www.seventhgeneration.com. To read more about Seventh Generation's corporate responsibility, visit the company's Corporate Consciousness Report.
B Lab is a nonprofit organization dedicated to using the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Lab drives systemic change through several interrelated initiatives: 1) building a community of Certified B Corporations to make it easier for all of us to tell the difference between "good companies" and just good marketing; 2) promoting benefit corporation legislation to create a new corporate form that meets higher standards of purpose, accountability and transparency; 3) driving capital to high impact investments through use of B Lab's GIIRS Ratings & Analytics platform; and 4) helping all companies measure what matters through use of the B Impact Assessment, B Lab's free confidential management tool for measuring a company's impact on its workers, community, and the environment. Learn more at bcorporation.net, benefitcorp.net, and giirs.org. For more information contact Katie Kerr [email protected], 610-296-8283.
T: (802) 658-3773 x 760
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- One Horizon Group Announces First Quarter 2014 Results
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#