|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 11:06 AM EST||
EXETER, RI -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Carousel Industries, a leader in managed services, mobility, unified communications and visual communications, announced it has earned the Microsoft Communications Gold Competency, demonstrating deep subject matter expertise in Microsoft communications and collaboration solutions and a commitment to investment in a Microsoft communications practice.
To earn a Microsoft Communications Gold Competency, Microsoft partners must complete a set of rigorous examinations to prove their best-in-class technical expertise, submit customer references and attain the highest customer satisfaction scores with customers that participate in a satisfaction survey. To meet the competency staffing requirements, Carousel also added new technical and sales staff positions to expand its roster of Microsoft communications experts.
Carousel accelerated quickly along the Microsoft Communications Competency path, achieving competency in roughly three months. Gold status, which represents the pinnacle of Microsoft Communications Competency, is held by a relatively small number of Microsoft partners around the world; Carousel met the requirements in record time, having achieved Silver status less than 90 days prior.
"This recognition by Microsoft is an important milestone in our unified communications and collaboration practice," said Ed Wadbrook, vice president, applications/collaboration solutions, Carousel Industries. "Our Microsoft Communications Gold Competency reflects not only our vast capabilities in this this area, but also demonstrates our unrelenting commitment to help customers integrate Microsoft communications solutions into their businesses."
The Gold designation indicates that Carousel has integrated Microsoft communications solutions -- such as Microsoft Lync -- as part of its core business portfolio and that it has made the investment in highly skilled talent to deliver the solutions. Unified communications training and expertise has played a vital role in Carousel's ongoing success in helping our clients deploy high impact collaborative solutions that span both single-vendor or multi-vendor integrated solutions.
"By attaining Microsoft Communications Gold Competency, Carousel is now even more proficient at meeting the professional services and consulting needs of our customers," said James Marsh, senior vice president, Carousel Industries. "This will be a catalyst to return to existing customers to help them manage their communications and collaboration environments, but it also provides the opportunity to have conversations about other technology trends like BYOD management and unified messaging."
Carousel Industries consults, integrates and manages technology solutions that solve business problems and contribute to your organizations' growth. This includes unified communications, managed services, virtualization, Voice over IP (VoIP), video conferencing and collaboration and data infrastructure solutions.
Today we have over 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by both VAR and CRN Magazines as one of the top technology integrators in the US and we've been listed in the Inc. 500/5000 seven times.
Carousel is headquartered in Exeter, RI with over 1,000 employees working from offices in 30 locations across the US, including over 250 service technicians deployed across the country. For more information visit http://www.carouselindustries.com
Vice President, Marketing
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#