|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2013 09:12 AM EST||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Puddle – Winner at the Independent Games Festival 2010, Puddle is a game that finds players guiding a puddle of fluid through 49 challenging and diverse levels by tilting the environment left or right. Players must also take into account friction, gravity and temperature, and use various types of liquids to navigate the unique environments that include burning passageways, carnivorous plants and electric currents.
- The Cave – Demo Version – The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert and Double Fine Productions, the award-winning studio behind Psychonauts and Brütal Legend. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with his or her own unique personality and story. Descend into mysterious depths to explore many different locations, including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear-tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Fire Emblem Awakening – Lead an army of knights, mages, archers and other classes into battle to defend a fantasy world teetering on the brink of war. Your army, which grows as the game’s epic story progresses, is composed of a brave group of memorable characters with unique abilities. Just plan your attacks carefully – the lives of your soldiers and the future of the world depend on it. Fire Emblem Awakening launches exclusively on Nintendo 3DS on Feb. 4.
- Ikachan – You wake up in an underwater cave at the bottom of an enormous abyss, and there's only one way out. Avoid dangerous obstacles and deadly earthquakes as you search for a way out before it's too late. Use whatever tools you can find in the vast undersea kingdom to escape.
New Downloadable Decoration Sets
- Sparkle Snapshots 3D DLC - Personalize your photographs with two new decoration sets: the “Mario Core Set” and “Mario Kart 7 Set.” These new themed sets are now available for purchase in the Sparkle SnapShop, the in-game boutique. Sparkle Snapshots 3D is available in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
Also new this week:
- 99Moves (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Witch’s Cat (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Bloody Vampire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Ice Climber (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- METAL SLUG 4 (Virtual Console for Wii)
To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadQ6nDK4eF.php.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balance by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii U eShop or the Nintendo 3DS eShop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card and Nintendo DSi Points Card can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#