|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 04:01 PM EST||
Key Tronic Corporation (Nasdaq:KTCC), a provider of electronic manufacturing services (EMS), today announced its results for the three and six months ended December 29, 2012.
For the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, Key Tronic reported total revenue of $94.6 million, up 12% from $84.5 million in the same period of fiscal year 2012. For the first six months of fiscal 2013, total revenue was $192.1 million, up 25% from $154.2 million in the same period of fiscal 2012.
Net income for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013 was $3.6 million or $0.33 per diluted share, up 13% from $3.2 million or $0.30 per diluted share for the same period of fiscal year 2012. For the first six months of fiscal 2013, net income was $7.3 million or $0.67 per diluted share, up 66% from $4.4 million or $0.42 per diluted share for the same period of fiscal 2012.
For the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, gross margin was 10% and operating margin was 6%, compared to 8% and 3%, respectively, in the same period of fiscal year 2012.
“We're pleased with our strong year-over-year growth in revenue and earnings for the second quarter and first half of fiscal 2013,” said Craig Gates, President and Chief Executive Officer. “While we maintained strong operating efficiencies and further strengthened our balance sheet during the second quarter of fiscal 2013, our sequential quarterly revenue was impacted by a significant slowdown in demand from one customer, as well as by the decisions of two other customers to change the mix of in-house versus outsourced production for portions of certain programs. At the same time, our many new customer programs continued to ramp up and we continued to diversify our future revenue base by winning new customer programs involving RFID, exercise, and security equipment. At the end of the second quarter of fiscal 2013, we were generating revenue from 169 separate programs and had 52 distinct customers, up from 149 programs and 40 customers a year ago.
“Moving into the third quarter, our revenue is being reduced by the continued slowdown in demand from the same customer that began to reduce its production levels in the second quarter. In coming periods, however, we expect to see the continued ramp up of our new programs to more than offset this customer's decrease in demand. We also have a very robust pipeline of potential new business, including programs with larger revenue potential than most of our current customer programs. We believe this trend towards larger quote opportunities reflects increased recognition of the competitive advantages of North American based manufacturing for products sold in the Americas. Over the long term, we believe our unique combination of global logistics with world-class engineering and production capabilities in North America and China will continue to fuel our growth.”
For the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, the Company expects to report revenue in the range of $83 million to $90 million, and earnings in the range of $0.24 to $0.30 per diluted share. The expected earnings range assumes an effective tax rate of 25%, reflecting the US government's recent renewal of research and development tax credits.
Key Tronic will host a conference call today to discuss its financial results at 2:00 PM Pacific (5:00 PM Eastern). A broadcast of the conference call will be available at www.keytronic.com under “Investor Relations” or by calling 866-225-8754 or +1-480-629-9645. A 48-hour replay will be available by calling 800-406-7325 or +1 303-590-3030 (Access Code: 4588514). A replay will also be available on the Company's Web site.
About Key Tronic
Key Tronic is a leading contract manufacturer offering value-added design and manufacturing services from its facilities in the United States, Mexico and China. The Company provides its customers full engineering services, materials management, worldwide manufacturing facilities, assembly services, in-house testing, and worldwide distribution. Its customers include some of the world's leading original equipment manufacturers. For more information about Key Tronic visit: www.keytronic.com.
Some of the statements in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include all passages containing verbs such as 'aims, anticipates, believes, estimates, expects, hopes, intends, plans, predicts, projects or targets' or nouns corresponding to such verbs. Forward-looking statements also include other passages that are primarily relevant to expected future events or that can only be fully evaluated by events that will occur in the future. Forward-looking statements in this release include, without limitation, the Company's statements regarding its expectations with respect to quarterly revenue and earnings during fiscal 2013. There are many factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those predicted or projected in forward-looking statements, including but not limited to the future of the global economic environment and its impact on our customers and suppliers, the availability of parts from the supply chain, the accuracy of customers' forecasts; success of customers' programs; timing of new programs; success of new-product introductions; acquisitions or divestitures of operations or facilities; technology advances; changes in pricing policies by the Company, its competitors, customers or suppliers; and the other risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC filings.
KEY TRONIC CORPORATION AND SUBSIDIARIES
CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF INCOME
(In thousands, except per share amounts)
|Three Months Ended||Six Months Ended|
|December 29, 2012||December 31, 2011||December 29, 2012||December 31, 2011|
|Cost of sales||85,071||77,586||173,104||142,342|
|Research, development and engineering expenses||1,225||1,157||2,475||2,113|
|Selling, general and administrative expenses||2,939||2,916||5,468||5,350|
|Total operating expenses||4,164||4,073||7,943||7,463|
|Interest expense, net||92||124||208||227|
|Income before income taxes||5,240||2,671||10,820||4,183|
|Income tax provision (benefit)||1,661||(503||)||3,497||(238||)|
|Net income per share — Basic||$||
|Weighted average shares outstanding — Basic||10,489||10,447||10,487||10,432|
|Net income per share — Diluted||$||0.33||$||0.30||$||0.67||$||0.42|
|Weighted average shares outstanding — Diluted||10,899||10,479||10,864||10,462|
KEY TRONIC CORPORATION AND SUBSIDIARIES
CONSOLIDATED BALANCE SHEETS
|December 29, 2012||June 30, 2012|
|Cash and cash equivalents||$||245||$||502|
|Trade receivables, net||54,797||60,709|
|Deferred income tax asset||3,761||5,201|
|Total current assets||114,370||129,490|
|Property, plant and equipment—net||18,284||17,306|
|Deferred income tax asset||2,015||2,703|
|Total other assets||3,843||4,116|
|LIABILITIES AND SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY|
|Accrued compensation and vacation||5,327||6,337|
|Current portion of other long-term obligations||749||729|
|Total current liabilities||41,734||53,254|
|Deferred income tax liability||1,465||1,094|
|Other long-term obligations||1,076||2,945|
|Total long-term liabilities||7,272||19,050|
|Common stock, no par value—shares authorized 25,000; issued and outstanding 10,489 and 10,481 shares, respectively||42,909||42,372|
|Accumulated other comprehensive income (loss)||364||(659||)|
|Total shareholders' equity||87,491||78,608|
|Total liabilities and shareholders’ equity||$||136,497||$||150,912|
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- One Horizon Group Announces First Quarter 2014 Results
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#