|By Marketwired .||
|January 25, 2013 06:45 PM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/25/13 -- Global Vision Holdings Inc. (OTCQB: GVHIB) a diversified financial holding company focusing on investments in environmentally responsible, profitable and growing companies worked with two of its subsidiaries, Grocers Direct and Mamma's Best, to show community support during this holiday season.
On Sunday, December 16th representatives from Grocers Direct and Mamma's Best prepared and served lunch to over 20 women at the WISEPlace in Santa Ana, CA. WISEPlace (www.wiseplace.org) has an 85 year history of caring for local women, children and families by meeting basic needs such as housing, food, clothing, physical and emotional nourishment, as well as vocational and life skills training. Using some of their own sauces, Mamma's Best made Citrus chicken, Soy Ginger broccoli, and white rice for lunch with homemade cookies for dessert. They passed out food to the ladies that were present, and also provided them with leftovers to keep in their kitchen for those that were not able to attend. Mamma's Best also donated cases of their sauces for their cook to prepare their daily meals.
On Saturday, December 22nd, Grocers Direct and Mamma's Best visited Grandma's House of Hope (www.grandmashouseofhope.org) a non-profit organization that provides services, programs and affordable housing to under-served and underprivileged women and children in Orange County and surrounding areas. Mamma's Best prepared 100 sandwiches, 50 pulled pork and 50 chicken, using their Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce, as well as homemade cookies for dessert. In addition to providing this lunch, Grocers Direct went along and donated 100 pounds of ground beef to Grandma's House of Hope for use in their various shelters.
Global Vision Holdings Inc. focuses its investments on environmentally and socially conscious companies who make quality products while also giving back to worthy causes. Grocers Direct, a high-end food brokerage service, and Mamma's Best, a female-owned, minority-owned business, like to focus their support specifically on women and children in the community in need. The WISEPlace and Grandma's House of Hope fit this model perfectly. Global Vision Holdings Inc. CEO Glen Carnes said: "Global Vision, Grocers Direct and Mamma's Best are proud to have been a part of these events, and together we will continue to seek out inspiring non-profit charities for which to contribute our time and resources."
About Global Vision Holdings Inc.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Global Vision Holdings Inc. is a diversified financial investment company that primarily engages in businesses of profitable and growing, environmentally responsible, companies. Global Vision Holdings Inc. uses a superior team of financial research experts and in-house environmental responsibility analysis to make recommendations for strategic acquisitions. For more information, please visit our website at www.globalvisionholdings.net
About Grocer's Direct
A portfolio company of Global Vision Holdings Inc. Grocers Direct, LLC., is a Newport Beach, CA based food brokerage and distribution firm. The Company concentrates on emerging brands in the natural and organic foods arena. Grocers Direct brings with them valuable partnerships, creative marketing and deep industry relationships. For more information, please visit our website at www.grocers-direct.com.
About Mamma's Best
Mamma's Best was created through the efforts of three sisters to bring to market some of their family's favorite sauces. The original recipes were developed by their mother, influenced by her roots in SE Asia and their father's Irish American/Southern (Kentucky) roots. After traveling and living in SE Asia, the family moved back to the States and settled in Southern CA. The strong health and wellness movement in CA and their mom's diabetes further influenced the final recipes, taking the traditional flavor influences from three continents and updating them to fit today's modern, healthy lifestyle without compromising taste. The four sauces and marinades currently on shelf range from more of a BBQ sauce typically used on the grill (but not limited to) to marinades that can be used on the grill, stovetop, oven or slow cooker. For more information, please visit our website at www.mammasbest.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release may include forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially. These risks include: changes in business or other market conditions; the challenge of managing asset/liability levels; the difficulty of keeping expense growth at modest levels while increasing revenues; unforeseen challenges with respect to product development and the timing thereof; integration efforts relating to our acquisition activities; uncertainties regarding financing efforts which may be undertaken by the Company; and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including but not limited to the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the most recent year ended. Pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, the Company does not undertake to update forward-looking statements contained within this news release.
Global Vision Holdings Inc.
19200 Von Karman Ave.
Irvine, CA 92612
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- The Agile PMO
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- Three Things You Must Know About the End of Support of Windows Server 2003
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Learn How You Can Easily Extend Your Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Flexiant Acquires Besol’s Tapp Multi-Cloud Management Technology and Business
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- Ten Answers Regarding Mobile App Testing
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Windows Least Privilege Management and Beyond
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#