|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 08:03 AM EST||
SWITCH® Lighting, makers of true LED replacement bulbs in 40W, 60W and 75W equivalents, today announced that their award-winning LED bulbs are now available at TreeHouse, an innovative sustainability-focused building supply store based in Austin, Texas. The SWITCH40, SWITCH60, and SWITCH75, can be purchased at TreeHouse’s flagship store in South Austin, or through the company’s website.
SWITCH LED bulbs in Austin, Texas sustainable home (Photo: Business Wire)
“TreeHouse customers come in the door wanting to make smart decisions about lighting for their homes and businesses. We are excited to make SWITCH LED bulbs available in our store and online,” said Jason Ballad, co-owner of TreeHouse. “The SWITCH LED bulb is a perfect replacement for incandescent lighting, offering up to 80 percent savings on energy and lasting 25 times longer than incandescents. With SWITCH on our shelves, we can now move away from compact fluorescents to superior LED lighting options.”
“SWITCH LED bulbs provide the same light distribution, color and quality of light as the incandescents they replace,” said David Becker, SWITCH’s Director of Retail Sales. “We are especially excited about partnering with the TreeHouse staff because they are proactively educating their customers about the benefits of quality LED lighting and demonstrating the value of switching to SWITCH bulbs for home and business owners alike.”
SWITCH is also announcing that one of the first projects to use their LED bulbs in Austin was recently completed by Alex Pettitt, a well-respected local green builder in Austin, and president and owner of Spring Builders. Pettitt specified SWITCH60s and SWITCH75s, SWITCH’s 60 and 75-watt equivalent (We) LED bulbs, for a new home he built to be lit entirely with LED lighting. The SWITCH60 and the SWITCH75 use 12 and 20 watts of electricity, respectively, versus the 60 and 75 watts required by their incandescent equivalents, without sacrificing light output or quality.
“My homeowners loved the aesthetic and light quality of the clear SWITCH60 and SWITCH75 so we put 28 of them in total throughout the home, both where the bulb is visible to create a dramatic effect, and in other areas where we wanted to be consistent with the superior light quality provided by SWITCH,” said Pettitt. “They are realizing substantial energy savings and enjoying beautiful quality lighting throughout their new home.”
SWITCH offers the only liquid-cooled LED light bulb that provides the same performance and quality of light as an incandescent bulb, while using up to 80% less energy. Unlike many other LED bulbs on the market, SWITCH bulbs can be used in any orientation (upside down, sideways, or upright), in any fixture (including fully enclosed and recessed) and any location (UL listed for damp environments). They provide the same warm, familiar glow of an incandescent, are dimmable, and last up to 25,000 hours.
SWITCH’s family of LED bulbs uses the company’s patented LQD Cooling System™ - the most innovative and effective thermal management system on the market today. The LQD Cooling System is a blend of the company’s overall electronic design and proprietary technologies: a coolant made of liquid silicone, and a patented, highly efficient and reliable electronic driver. SWITCH is up to 40% more effective at diffusing heat and cooling LEDs than air-cooled bulbs.
About SWITCH Lighting
SWITCH® Lighting is dedicated to innovative design and technologies that create cost-effective, long-lasting, energy-efficient LED lighting solutions for consumers and businesses. SWITCH Lighting is backed by VantagePoint Capital Partners and supported by Cradle to Cradle® writer and sustainability expert Bill McDonough. The company is privately held (incorporated as Switch Bulb Company, Inc.) and headquartered in San Jose, California. For the latest information about SWITCH Lighting and SWITCH products, please visit http://www.switchlightingco.com/. Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/switchlightbulb or like us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/switchlightbulbs.
TreeHouse is a local, south Austin start-up that carries a wide range of carefully curated products including paint, flooring, cabinets, counter tops, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, lighting, cleaning, homestead supplies, tools, solar power products plus a wide range of smart-home technology solutions that allow customers to run their homes or businesses more wisely. The true mission of TreeHouse is helping people find solutions that allow them to live healthier, more efficient and sustainable lives. TreeHouse aims to dispel some of the myths that still affect sustainable retailing, such as the notion that sustainable products are more expensive, or less effective, or less attractive than conventional counterparts. For additional information visit: http://www.treehouseonline.com/
About Spring Builders
Spring Builders builds and develops smart, sustainable, adaptable and enduring properties for the discerning client in the Austin area. From the enviro-connoisseur to the eco-curious, Spring Builders helps council, collaborate and craft projects that are client, site, and architecturally specific while creating the most value without the perceived sacrifices of luxury and performance. For additional information visit: http://www.springbuilders.net/
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#