|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 03:10 PM EST||
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Across the country, families are dealing with one of the most severe cold & flu seasons in recent years. As of this week, 47 states have declared the incidence of the flu to be widespread in their communities, with several issuing a public health emergency, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Equally concerning, an increasing number of school districts have had to close schools because of outbreaks.
To help stop the transmission of flu viruses, which can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours, it is imperative to practice simple hygiene habits such as washing your hands regularly with soap and water, and disinfecting commonly-touched surfaces. The CDC recommends the following effective tips to help families stay healthy during peak flu activity:
- Get vaccinated with a seasonal flu shot.
- Help prevent the spread of flu germs by practicing proper cough and sneeze etiquette, staying away from sick people, and staying home if you get sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, or use hand sanitizer if you don't have access to a sink.
- Routinely clean and disinfect commonly touched surface areas in your home and workplace to help prevent the spread of germs.
As part of its Mission for Health, Reckitt Benckiser, the makers of LYSOL®, supports CDC recommendations on flu prevention by offering a full range of effective products to help keep families healthy: The LYSOL® Healthy Touch™ No-Touch Hand Soap System helps stop the spread of harmful germs by automatically sensing hands and dispensing antibacterial soap; and LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray and Disinfecting Wipes kill bacteria and viruses on commonly touched surfaces.
"Our Mission for Health keeps us perpetually focused on doing more for families and their health and well-being," said LYSOL® Marketing Director Gregory Chabidon. "Given the severity of the flu outbreak this year, we are committed to providing the necessary tools that will help families get through this epidemic better."
LYSOL® recognizes school nurses as integral gatekeepers in managing the wellbeing of students and classrooms nationwide. LYSOL® is a proud supporter of the National Association of School Nurses and is committed to providing the necessary products and resources to encourage healthy habits and help prevent the spread of germs in schools.
For further information on staying healthy during cold and flu season, please visit the following resources:
About Reckitt Benckiser
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is a global consumer goods leader in health, hygiene and home. With a purpose of delivering innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, RB is in the top 25 of companies listed on the London Stock Exchange. Since 2000 net revenues have doubled and the market cap has quadrupled. Today, it is the global No. 1 or No. 2 in the majority of its fast-growing categories, driven by an exceptional rate of innovation. Its health, hygiene and home portfolio is led by 19 global powerbrands including Nurofen, Strepsils Gaviscon, Mucinex, Durex, Scholl, Lysol, Dettol, Clearasil, Veet, Harpic, Bang, Mortein, Finish, Vanish, Woolite, Calgon, Airwick, and French's, and they account for 70 percent of net revenue.
RB people are at the heart of the company's success. They have an intense drive for action and a desire to outperform wherever they focus, including in CSR where the company is reducing its carbon footprint by 20 percent by 2020 and has a global partnership with Save the Children.
The company has operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in the UK, Singapore, Dubai and Amsterdam, and sales in almost 200 countries. The company employs about 32,000 people worldwide.
For more information, visit www.rb.com.
SOURCE Reckitt Benckiser
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#