|By JCN Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 04:32 AM EST||
The 36 MIGD desalinated water produced by the plant will be supplied to KAHRAMAA for 25 years. desalination plant, to be operated and maintained ultimately by QEWC, will be built by the MC-TTCL consortium on a Full Turn Key (FTK) basis and in keeping with the national plans established by Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation (KAHRAMAA), which is the national power & water grid operator.
MC will work with Hitachi Zosen Corporation (Hitz) to install seawater desalination plant facilities, while TTCL will be responsible for the remainder plant facilities such as seawater intake and boiler installations, etc. The project is expected to be completed and commissioned by June 2015.
Qatar's economy has seen remarkable growth due to the abundance of natural gas and other resources and securing water and electricity have been one of Qatar's important issue. To fulfill the expected future demand for water, a number of new infrastructural development projects are being undertaken by KAHRAMAA and the construction of the Ras Abu Fontas A2 Desalination plant is part of QEWCs plan to meet this demand.
Consequently, the Japanese Government, led by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and the Embassy of Japan in Qatar, declared that they will support desalination projects in Qatar that can use Japan's competitive technology.
In this RAF A2 Project, MC's track record in the FTK Business, TTCL's high engineering ability and Hitz's highly efficient desalination plant technology and track record in the Middle East were highly evaluated.
Under its Midterm Corporate Strategy 2012, MC has designated global environment and water related business as a strategic domain and will actively promote water business in high demand area as the Middle East.
Head office: P.O. Box 41, Doha State of Qatar
Year of establishment: July 2000
Main activities: Execution of electricity and water plan. Construction and operation of national distribution of electricity and water.
Representative: His Excellency Eng. Essa bin Hilal Al-Kuwari (President)
About Qatar Electricity & Water Company (QEWC)
Head office: QIMC Building 1st Floor, Al-Aahd Street, P.O. Box 22264, Doha, State of Qatar
Year of establishment: 1990
Main business activities: Construction and operation of power and water plant.
Representative: His Excellency Mr. Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Attiyah (Chairman)
About Toyo Thai Corporation Public Company Limited (TTCL)
Head office: 27-30 Floor, Sermmit Tower, 159/41-44 Sukhmvit 21, Asoke Road, North Klongtoey, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Year of establishment: April 1985
Revenue: Approximately 480 million Thai Baht
Main business activities: TTCL is the engineering contractor who specialized in design and engineering, procurement of equipment and materials, and construction of turnkey projects for industrial and process plants including related facilities. The field of plant engineering and constructing services cover to chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas, fertilizer, power plant and etc.
Sales: USD 293 million (2011)
Number of employees: 1,800 (2012)
Representative: H. Iriya, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Hitachi Zosen Corporation
Head office: 7-89, Nanko-kita 1-chome, Suminoe-ku, Osaka 559-8559, Japan
Year of establishment: May 1934
Revenue: JPY 45.4 billion
Main business activities: Environmental Systems, Industrial Plants, Industrial Machinery, Process Equipment, Precision Machinery, Steel Structure, Construction Machinery, Disaster Prevention Systems
Sales: 303,036 million yen (FY 2011)
Number of employees: 8,846 (As of March 31, 2012)
Representative: Minoru Furukawa, Chairman & President
About Mitsubishi Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation (MC; TSE: 8058) is a global integrated business enterprise that develops and operates businesses across virtually every industry including industrial finance, energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, foods, and environmental business. MC's current activities are expanding far beyond its traditional trading operations as its diverse business ranges from natural resources development to investment in retail business, infrastructure, financial products and manufacturing of industrial goods. With over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide and a network of over 500 group companies, MC employs a multinational workforce of nearly 60,000 people. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishicorp.com.
Source: Mitsubishi Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation Telephone: +81-3-3210-2171 Facsimile: +81-3-5252-7705
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#