|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:55 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 100 products—many of which are making their debut—will be highlighted as part of Macworld/iWorld's unique First Looks program that showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for iFans, IDG World Expo announced today. Attendees also will have access to dozens of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths, empowering them to see, try and buy right on the show floor. Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. The event will once again serve as a launching pad for hundreds of new software, hardware, peripheral, accessory and app innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad when it opens its doors. Register now!
Exhibitor Shopping Specials
Macworld/iWorld exhibitors will offer attendees exclusive opportunities to see, try and buy products at special show prices right on the show floor. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Participating companies include: BusyMac, Choicee, Cooper Product, Devista B.V., EuroSmartz Ltd, FiledRight, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, iKey, iPresent, Krome Case, MacMate, Nite Ize, Nuance Communications, OnTrion, Prestige International, QNAP, RHP Multimedia Corp., Seidio, ServicePal, Silo Ink, SmartMotion Technology, Square Jellyfish, Tekserve, Tru Protection and Vellum Interactive. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials/.
Highlights of this year's First Looks program, which makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations on the show floor, are included below. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks/.
- App-Promo (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase their client's PicIT 24 mobile application, a visual diary where you can follow friends, family or inspiration. Users can share a maximum of one quote and/or one image within a 24 hour period, giving followers the opportunity to finally appreciate their creative content.
- BEAMR (Appalooza, Booth #718): Beamr™ will showcase its JPEGmini™ for Mac software, which allows users to reduce the file size of photos by up to five times while maintaining their original resolution, quality and JPEG format. Optimizing photos with JPEGmini™ frees up valuable hard drive space and lets you quickly share full-resolution photos with your friends and family.
- Boinx Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Boinx Software will feature the new iStopMotion for iPad 2. Enjoy the excitement of creating stop motion animations and time lapse recordings right from your iPad. Easily tell your story using inanimate objects such as toys or clay figures and bring them to life frame by frame. Version 2 includes new features such as audio recording, more ways to import audio files into a stop motion animation or time lapse film, and a Navigator that displays the full animation from start to finish at a glance.
- Creaceed (Appalooza, Booth #718): Creaceed will showcase the recently released Prizmo 2, the revolutionary scanning experience for the Mac that supports all the things you want to scan and all the ways you want to do it. The technology supports dozens of languages and processing for text documents, business cards and images, as well as editing and correcting functionality and iCloud support.
- Ecamm Network (Appalooza, Booth #718): Ecamm will unveil Printopia Pro, the easiest and best way to enable and manage printing from mobile devices (including iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) on your company's network. Ecamm took its award-winning Printopia software, tuned it for use on large-tiered networks, added manageability, scalability, and security features, putting users in complete control.
- Gaucho Software, LLC (Appalooza, Booth #718): Gaucho Software will showcase Windscape, a new app that shows the wind as it blows. Thousands of tiny particles materialize the flow of air around the world in real time, color-coded by temperature. Discover never-before-seen relationships, gain a global understanding of the weather and let yourself be inspired by the beauty of nature.
- GetCloak.com (Appalooza, Booth #718): Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, Cloak's mission is to give you the tools you need to stay safe when you're online. Cloak's app is the easiest, most trusted way to stay safe when you're using public Wi-Fi, like the kind you find at coffee shops, airports, hotels, and conferences. Cloak automatically detects unsafe connections and secures them. Available today for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Jam for iPhone by DreamWalk Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Australian developer DreamWalk Interactive will showcase Jam, a new song-creation app for the iPhone. Simply select a musical style and tempo, hit "record," and sing into your iPhone. Jam detects the incoming vocal pitch, musical key and song structure, then auto-tunes the vocal and produces original backing music to suit. The result is an awesome sounding, completely original song created around your vocal. Users can publish songs to the in-app Jam charts and invite their friends to listen via Facebook and Twitter. Earn badges and royalties for each published track to unlock additional style packs, grow a following of fans and even get signed to one of four Jam record labels.
- JAMF Software (MacIT P1): JAMF Software will feature its SCCM Plug-In, a framework that can be used to sync your organization's valuable hardware and software inventory data for your Apple devices into Microsoft SCCM.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Kdan Mobile Software will showcase its NoteLedge app for the iPad and iPhone, a unique tool designed to help users record every moment in their life. Features include the ability to take/import photos and easily change size and apply filter effects, record audio and video while taking notes, use stamps and templates to enrich works, capture, organize and share ideas on the go, and encrypt diaries and back them up to the cloud.
- Marketcircle, Inc. (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will feature Daylite, an award-winning CRM and productivity manager designed to help small businesses grow. Daylite 4 was built with a completely revamped interface, new features and simplicity to improve user experience and productivity. Organize your entire business in a single application, including your contacts, schedule, tasks, business opportunities, emails and more on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- MOXTRA (Appalooza, Booth #718): Set to unveil later this month, the Moxtra app features customizable, virtual binders so you can view, share and collaborate with your content. Grab it, organize it in specific binders and add real-time voiceover and notes to enhance photos, stories or projects. Share binders via social media or privately with contacts, enriching the way you share life's moments.
- Rain Design, Inc (Booth #524): Rain Design will showcase its new mTower vertical laptop stand, which takes up a third of your notebook's footprint. Its solid, single piece design gives a notebook the illusion of floating for a sleek desktop setup. mTower's anodized aluminum body matches Apple notebooks and acts as a giant heat sink—with the notebook's bottom turned to the side, its entire surface also dissipates heat better.
- Reallusion, Inc (Appalooza, Booth #718): Reallusion will feature CrazyTalk7, which uses powerful auto-animation technology that allows any user—whether they're an iMovie-maker or a creative user—at any level to simply use your voice to turn images into talking videos. Or, choose from various scenario-based speaker performance modes to set a unique personality to your character's base movement.
- Recosoft Corporation (Booth #749): Recosoft will feature PDF2Office for iPad, a set of iPad apps that converts PDF files to editable Microsoft Office, iWork, OmniGraffle and other common files. PDF2Office for iPad is available in three editions: PDF2Office for iWork, PDF2Office Business and PDF2Office Lite, with each edition featuring distinct PDF conversion capabilities.
- Spicebox LLC (Booth #422): Spicebox will introduce Mauz, which transforms your smartphone into a gesture-enabled computer mouse. Simply connect the device to a smartphone and the Mauz app pops up, allowing users to control computers and media centers using motion and visual gestures. It's like connecting a computer mouse and a Wii controller to your iPhone and then adding a touch of Kinect.
- STROTTER (Booth #1049): STROTTER will present the Platforma, a convertible messenger bag for iPad that turns into a mobile desk, allowing users to work on their iPads while standing up and with both hands free to type. With one swing and one pull of a buckle the bag transforms into a sling-type backpack. Designed in Boston, Platforma features a leather and high-density nylon shell, self-closing flap, custom polished hardware and a quickly adjustable strap.
- The Casey Group (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase Sales Navigator Calling, a new tool that allows users to make calls directory from their iPad. Leveraging a low-cost VoIP service, it has never been easier to stay in touch with your most valuable customers and prospects while on the road from your iPad. The technology is fully integrated with Sales Navigator, the first iOS application that helps sales professionals optimize their reach and touch to valuable customers and prospects through the seamless integration of contacts, calendars, and map applications.
- Touch Press (Appolooza, Booth #718): Touch Press will introduce The Orchestra, a truly ground-breaking iPad app that allows unprecedented interactive exploration of classical music. The Orchestra allows real-time selection of multiple video and audio tracks, along with an automatically synchronized score and graphical note-by-note visualization of each piece as it is played. The result is an immersive environment for exploring the music and every instrument in the orchestra.
- XFLEX by 1.0 Innovations (Booth #310): 1.0 Innovations will showcase the XFLEX iPad stand, The Single Stand Solution™ to all your tablet needs. The XFLEX works almost anywhere with virtually any flat surface tablet or smartphone. The flexible arm allows you to snake the tablet to an ideal point of view for reading, surfing, pod-casting or video recording.
- Zoom (MacIT S2): Zoom will introduce the world's first Unified Meeting Experience (UMX) solution that brings HD video conferencing, web meetings and mobility into a simple and free 3-in-1 meeting platform. Zoom offers the industry's first screen-sharing on iPhone, iPad and MacOS, the industry's first hybrid cloud meeting connector for Mac IT users and the industry's first 3-in-1 platform with Enterprise Single-Sign-On.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 8, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 8, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 209
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 8, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 127
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 8, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 489
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 8, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 641
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 8, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 219
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program, to be aired during the peak viewership season of the year, will have a major impac...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 251
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 756
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 469
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 8, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 504
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 600
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 571
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 8, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 724
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 8, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,865
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 8, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 756
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 540
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 485
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 8, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 279
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 8, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 433