|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Vision Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of information availability software and services with more than 25,000 customers running Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing environments, today announced the latest release of iTERA Availability for IBM i. Version 6.1 provides significant new features and enhancements that deliver faster replication, stronger audit technology and simpler installation, configuration and control.
iTERA Availability 6.1 is the latest version of the product previously branded as iTERA HA. It provides businesses with the ability to virtually eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime by maintaining a secondary system that is kept up to date in real time. The updated version of iTERA Availability delivers enterprise-level audit technology and simplified installation for both small and mid-size markets.
Highlights of the new version of iTERA Availability include:
- Enhanced auditing - Comprehensive auditing with self-healing ensures data integrity and worry-free role swaps. Enhanced audit technology in iTERA Availability 6.1 provides significantly increased audit performance, enhanced file and IFS data auditing, and expanded audit coverage. New reporting features give visibility into queued and active audits, previous audit results and repair history.
- Increased replication performance - iTERA Availability 6.1 fully leverages IBM's proven Remote Journaling technology to deliver even faster, more resilient communication between production and backup systems. iTERA Availability's replication is tuned to maximize performance and minimize recovery time.
- Faster virtual role swap recovery - iTERA Availability customers rely on virtual role swap tests to verify their readiness for worry free failover. iTERA Availability 6.1 delivers quicker recovery from a virtual role swap, allowing customers to quickly resynchronize their backup system after testing for high availability readiness, even in high transaction environments.
- Streamlined installation and simplified configuration - With a wizard-based, streamlined process for both new installs and upgrades, iTERA Availability 6.1 provides consistency in install size and install time. With version 6.1, iTERA Availability users can also install or upgrade all logical partitions simultaneously.
- Consolidated configuration panel - Along with expanded on-line help, the iTERA Availability 6.1 user interface includes a new consolidated configuration panel that makes it easier to manage configuration settings. The new panel consolidates more than 200 unique policies to provide easier look-up of policy settings and visibility into configuration values.
Alan Arnold, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Vision Solutions:
"The latest version of iTERA Availability demonstrates our continued commitment to providing businesses of all sizes with the best solutions for availability and data protection. With iTERA Availability 6.1, we are providing small and mid-size companies that rely on the IBM i platform with best-of-breed availability for their critical applications. We continually deliver high levels of innovation and support in order to provide customers with the highest possible levels of business continuity."
Jim Marshall, Systems Administrator, ABM Industries Inc.:
"Our goal at ABM Industries is to automate our HA and minimize daily housekeeping. The new audit technology available in iTERA Availability 6.1 is user friendly, and the reporting tool has been very useful in identifying any issues. Both help us meet our goal."
- Vision Solutions website: www.visionsolutions.com
- MIMIX Availability for IBM i: http://www.visionsolutions.com/Products/High-Availability-iTera-HA.aspx
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/VSI_Power
About Vision Solutions
Vision Solutions, Inc. is the world's leading provider of information availability software and services for Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing markets. Vision's trusted Double-Take®, MIMIX® and iTERA high availability and disaster recovery brands support business continuity, satisfy compliance requirements and increase productivity in physical and virtual environments. Affordable and easy-to-use, Vision products are backed by worldwide 24X7 customer support centers and a global partner network that includes IBM, HP, Microsoft, VMware and Dell. Privately held by Thoma Bravo, Vision Solutions is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA with offices worldwide. For more information, visit visionsolutions.com or follow us on Twitter @VSI_Power, or on other popular social networks.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#