|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
BANGALORE, India, January 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q3 Revenues Grow by 6.3% Quarter on Quarter
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended December 31, 2012
- Revenues were $1,911 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012;
QoQ growth was 6.3%
YoY growth was 5.8%
- Revenues excluding Lodestone were $1,872 million;
QoQ growth was 4.2%
YoY growth was 3.7%
- Net income after tax was $434 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $431 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.76 for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $0.75 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.1 billion versus $4.3 billion as on September 30, 2012
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 million of total contract value
- 14 new wins for Infosys' products and platforms
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 53 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 7,499 employees (net addition of 977) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries.
- 155,629 employees as on December 31, 2012 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- Completed the acquisition of Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy based in Switzerland
- Infosys American Depositary Shares (ADS) have started trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol 'INFY'. The company is in the process of listing its ADS on the Paris and London exchanges of NYSE Euronext.
"We have done well in this quarter despite an uncertain environment," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We continue to gain confidence from a strong pipeline of large deals. However, the broader economic environment remains difficult. Even so, we remain cautiously optimistic about the January-March quarter," he added.
"We were able to maintain our margins through efficiency improvements despite increased operating expenses. We remain focused on making the right investments for profitable and sustainable growth in the longer term," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer.
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues** are expected to be at least $7,450 million;
Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) is expected to be at least $2.97;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.62; Euro / USD - 1.32 for rest of fiscal 2013
** Includes $104 million from Lodestone
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 Mn of total contract value
- Our offerings in the Products and Platforms space continue to see good momentum. This quarter we had 14 wins across industries and geographies. Infosys products and platforms (excluding Finacle™) are now adopted by more than 70 global clients.
- A Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan selected us as a strategic partner to provide enterprise-wide testing services and establish a Test CoE within its IT organization, aimed at creating testing processes and frameworks to support the company's ongoing transformation due to US healthcare reform. Another Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan is leveraging Infosys iTransform™ product and services to help its ICD-10 migration, mandated by the U.S. federal government.
- Our focus on Cloud as a new growth area continues to yield results and the Cloud business currently has more than 190 engagements and 3,500 experts. Over the last quarter, we won more than 15 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and Security. Our vision of being a Cloud Ecosystem Integrator has gained increasing acceptance with clients and we are working with more than 30 partners to help clients create and manage their unified hybrid cloud environments.
- During the third quarter, Infosys applied for seven patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, it has 525 patent applications in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and has been granted 71 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and two patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
Infosys has been consistently honored by influencers
- We were declared the winners of 2012 Asia's Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) study by Teleos, in association with The KNOW Network for the 10th time, for developing knowledge based products and services.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Optimas Award for 'Managing Change', recognizing exemplary achievements in workforce management and for successfully integrating new employees from around the globe into the organization.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. won the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category of 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media' at the Information Technology Services Marketing Association (ITSMA) Awards 2012.
- We have received the Microsoft Platform Modernization Award for sales achievement for our Legacy Modernization solution, which helps customers migrate to Microsoft platforms.
- We were awarded the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for our energy conservation efforts at our campuses in Jaipur and Pune.
- We have been awarded the global No. 1 position for our corporate governance practices by IR Global Rankings (IRGR).
- Finacle™ from Infosys has been ranked as a long-term leader in The Forrester Wave™: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 150,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, June 30, 2012 and September 30, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
December 31, March 31, 2012 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $2,740 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 1,339 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,266 1,156 Unbilled revenue 405 368 Prepayments and other current assets 335 300 Total current assets 6,085 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,115 1,063 Goodwill 368 195 Intangible assets 72 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 2 2 Investment in government bonds 12 - Deferred income tax assets 77 62 Income tax assets 191 204 Other non-current assets 33 32 Total non-current assets 1,870 1,592 Total assets $7955 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 13 5 Current income tax liabilities 227 207 Client deposits 12 3 Unearned revenue 146 107 Employee benefit obligations 109 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 562 482 Total current liabilities 1,108 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 16 2 Other non-current liabilities 18 22 Total liabilities 1,142 961 Equity Share capital- `5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,410, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,223 6,509 Other components of equity (1,178) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 6,813 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 6,813 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $7,955 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three Nine Nine months months months months ended ended ended ended December December December December 31, 2012 31, 2011 31, 2012 31, 2011 Revenues $1,911 $1,806 $5,460 $5,233 Cost of sales 1,203 1030 3,376 3,077 Gross profit 708 776 2,084 2,146 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 99 88 277 275 Administrative expenses 118 128 355 386 Total operating expenses 217 216 632 661 Operating profit 491 560 1,452 1,485 Other income, net 92 82 308 266 Profit before income taxes 583 642 1,760 1,751 Income tax expense 149 184 479 498 Net profit $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available - for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect - - - $(2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations (250) (442) (478) (1,004) Total other comprehensive income $(250) $(442) $(478) $(1,006) Total comprehensive income $184 $16 $803 $247 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Non-controlling interests - - - - $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $184 $16 $803 $247 Non-controlling interests - - - - $184 $16 $803 $247 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Diluted ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,400,086 571,377,084 571,398,129 571,356,602 Diluted 571,400,417 571,396,560 571,399,018 571,394,949
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and nine months ended December 31, 2012 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on January 11, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded from http://www.infosys.com
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 370
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 7, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 139
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 7, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 555
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 361
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 344
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 344
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 107
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 7, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 119
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 719
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 785
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 410
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 851
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 940
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 726
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,146
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,216
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 812
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 790
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,268