|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
BANGALORE, India, January 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q3 Revenues Grow by 6.3% Quarter on Quarter
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended December 31, 2012
- Revenues were $1,911 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012;
QoQ growth was 6.3%
YoY growth was 5.8%
- Revenues excluding Lodestone were $1,872 million;
QoQ growth was 4.2%
YoY growth was 3.7%
- Net income after tax was $434 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $431 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.76 for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $0.75 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.1 billion versus $4.3 billion as on September 30, 2012
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 million of total contract value
- 14 new wins for Infosys' products and platforms
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 53 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 7,499 employees (net addition of 977) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries.
- 155,629 employees as on December 31, 2012 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- Completed the acquisition of Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy based in Switzerland
- Infosys American Depositary Shares (ADS) have started trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol 'INFY'. The company is in the process of listing its ADS on the Paris and London exchanges of NYSE Euronext.
"We have done well in this quarter despite an uncertain environment," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We continue to gain confidence from a strong pipeline of large deals. However, the broader economic environment remains difficult. Even so, we remain cautiously optimistic about the January-March quarter," he added.
"We were able to maintain our margins through efficiency improvements despite increased operating expenses. We remain focused on making the right investments for profitable and sustainable growth in the longer term," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer.
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues** are expected to be at least $7,450 million;
Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) is expected to be at least $2.97;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.62; Euro / USD - 1.32 for rest of fiscal 2013
** Includes $104 million from Lodestone
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 Mn of total contract value
- Our offerings in the Products and Platforms space continue to see good momentum. This quarter we had 14 wins across industries and geographies. Infosys products and platforms (excluding Finacle™) are now adopted by more than 70 global clients.
- A Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan selected us as a strategic partner to provide enterprise-wide testing services and establish a Test CoE within its IT organization, aimed at creating testing processes and frameworks to support the company's ongoing transformation due to US healthcare reform. Another Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan is leveraging Infosys iTransform™ product and services to help its ICD-10 migration, mandated by the U.S. federal government.
- Our focus on Cloud as a new growth area continues to yield results and the Cloud business currently has more than 190 engagements and 3,500 experts. Over the last quarter, we won more than 15 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and Security. Our vision of being a Cloud Ecosystem Integrator has gained increasing acceptance with clients and we are working with more than 30 partners to help clients create and manage their unified hybrid cloud environments.
- During the third quarter, Infosys applied for seven patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, it has 525 patent applications in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and has been granted 71 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and two patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
Infosys has been consistently honored by influencers
- We were declared the winners of 2012 Asia's Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) study by Teleos, in association with The KNOW Network for the 10th time, for developing knowledge based products and services.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Optimas Award for 'Managing Change', recognizing exemplary achievements in workforce management and for successfully integrating new employees from around the globe into the organization.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. won the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category of 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media' at the Information Technology Services Marketing Association (ITSMA) Awards 2012.
- We have received the Microsoft Platform Modernization Award for sales achievement for our Legacy Modernization solution, which helps customers migrate to Microsoft platforms.
- We were awarded the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for our energy conservation efforts at our campuses in Jaipur and Pune.
- We have been awarded the global No. 1 position for our corporate governance practices by IR Global Rankings (IRGR).
- Finacle™ from Infosys has been ranked as a long-term leader in The Forrester Wave™: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 150,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, June 30, 2012 and September 30, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
December 31, March 31, 2012 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $2,740 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 1,339 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,266 1,156 Unbilled revenue 405 368 Prepayments and other current assets 335 300 Total current assets 6,085 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,115 1,063 Goodwill 368 195 Intangible assets 72 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 2 2 Investment in government bonds 12 - Deferred income tax assets 77 62 Income tax assets 191 204 Other non-current assets 33 32 Total non-current assets 1,870 1,592 Total assets $7955 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 13 5 Current income tax liabilities 227 207 Client deposits 12 3 Unearned revenue 146 107 Employee benefit obligations 109 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 562 482 Total current liabilities 1,108 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 16 2 Other non-current liabilities 18 22 Total liabilities 1,142 961 Equity Share capital- `5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,410, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,223 6,509 Other components of equity (1,178) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 6,813 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 6,813 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $7,955 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three Nine Nine months months months months ended ended ended ended December December December December 31, 2012 31, 2011 31, 2012 31, 2011 Revenues $1,911 $1,806 $5,460 $5,233 Cost of sales 1,203 1030 3,376 3,077 Gross profit 708 776 2,084 2,146 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 99 88 277 275 Administrative expenses 118 128 355 386 Total operating expenses 217 216 632 661 Operating profit 491 560 1,452 1,485 Other income, net 92 82 308 266 Profit before income taxes 583 642 1,760 1,751 Income tax expense 149 184 479 498 Net profit $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available - for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect - - - $(2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations (250) (442) (478) (1,004) Total other comprehensive income $(250) $(442) $(478) $(1,006) Total comprehensive income $184 $16 $803 $247 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Non-controlling interests - - - - $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $184 $16 $803 $247 Non-controlling interests - - - - $184 $16 $803 $247 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Diluted ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,400,086 571,377,084 571,398,129 571,356,602 Diluted 571,400,417 571,396,560 571,399,018 571,394,949
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and nine months ended December 31, 2012 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on January 11, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded from http://www.infosys.com
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 3,617
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,999
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,200
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 822
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,753
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,892
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,105
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,713
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,523
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,640
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,751
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,156
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,208
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,896
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,613
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,832
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,707
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,605
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 434
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,632