|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 01:11 PM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ScaleArc, the pioneer of database infrastructure software that simplifies the way database environments are deployed and managed, today announced $12.3 million in new funding from leading venture capital firms. The round was led by Accel Ventures with participation from existing investors including Trinity Ventures and Nexus Ventures, from whom ScaleArc had previously raised $5.33 million in 2011. The new funding will be used primarily to invest in sales and marketing to fuel ScaleArc's global expansion in the multi-billion dollar Big Data market, as well as to maintain aggressive development of its product roadmap.
ScaleArc iDB is software that inserts transparently between applications and databases, requiring no modifications to applications or databases to deploy. A 15 minute deployment of ScaleArc iDB delivers the following benefits:
- provides instant visibility into all database traffic with granular real-time SQL analytics
- enables instant scalability and higher availability for databases with dynamic clustering, load balancing and sharding capabilities
- delivers the world's first transparent SQL-NoSQL hybrid caching engine (patent-pending) which lets any application use a NoSQL cache without any code changes or drivers
Customers who deploy ScaleArc iDB are able to reduce troubleshooting times from days or hours to minutes, achieve significantly higher uptime, provide instant vertical and horizontal scalability of their existing database infrastructure, provide much better query performance (up to 60x faster) and strengthen the overall security of their database environment. Existing customers include Demand Media, Disney UTV, KIXEYE, Sazze (dealspl.us), Flipkart, Weather Decision Technologies and others, with documented ROIs ranging from instantaneous to less than one year.
"Accel Partners is excited to be a part of the ScaleArc team," said Sameer Gandhi, General Partner at Accel Partners. "We continue to be impressed with the company's innovative approach to solving a key Big Data problem, as well as its significant customer traction with well-documented ROIs. We look forward to working with them as they continue their global expansion."
"We at ScaleArc are in a unique place in the Big Data ecosystem, as we're the only company that can offer a true next generation database infrastructure platform for applications that use a wide variety of databases such as MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server, and can transparently bridge the performance and scalability gap between SQL and NoSQL databases," said Varun Singh, Founder & CEO of ScaleArc. "We're excited to have Accel as an investor, as they truly understand the Big Data space and add strong value to our business."
ScaleArc iDB supports MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases and is available as software on any x86-64 server, as a virtual appliance on any x86 compatible hypervisor, or as a turn-key appliance. ScaleArc iDB is cloud-ready and available via service providers such as the Amazon AWS Marketplace, GoGrid, Joyent, Hyperwiser, Liquid Web Hosting and NephoScale.
ScaleArc is expanding significantly, with numerous job openings in the US and India in departments ranging from Sales & Marketing to Research & Development. For more details on all open positions, please visit http://www.scalearc.com/careers/.
About Accel Partners
Founded in 1983, Accel Partners has a long history of partnering with outstanding entrepreneurs and management teams to build world-class businesses. Accel invests globally using dedicated teams and market-specific strategies for local geographies, with offices in Palo Alto, New York City, London and Bangalore; as well as in China via its partnership with IDG-Accel. Accel has helped entrepreneurs build over 300 successful companies, many of which have defined their categories, including Angry Birds (Rovio), Atlassian, Braintree, Brightcove, Cloudera, ComScore, Diapers.com (Quidsi), Dropbox, Etsy, Facebook, Flipkart, Fusion-IO, GlamMedia, Groupon, Imperva, Kayak, Lookout, Macromedia, metroPCS, QlikTech, Responsys, Riverbed, Spotify, Squarespace, Sunrun, Trulia, Veritas, Walmart.com, and Wonga. For more information, please visit the Accel Partners web site at www.accel.com or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/accel.
ScaleArc is the pioneer in a new category of database infrastructure software that simplifies the way database environments are deployed and managed, and lowers costs without any changes to applications or databases. Learn more at www.ScaleArc.com
ScalArc, ScaleArc, iDB, and the ScaleArc logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ScaleArc, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Accel Partners
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#