|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 02:52 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Presidential Inauguration just around the corner ABC Travel Guides for Kids has released their Top 7 US Family Destinations for 2013 and Washington DC is at the top of the list. The last two picks are a bit of surprise as family travel expert and publisher, Matthew G. Rosenberger has named Niagara County, New York and Hershey, PA as two top picks for 2013.
ABC's Top Destinations for US Family Travel in 2013:
- Washington DC – With 19 Smithsonian Museums and Galleries and the National Zoo families should start a tradition and plan a trip to DC every year. Look for special annual events in the Embassy Row and Georgetown sections of the city and reserve your Nationals tickets early as once again they look like the team to beat in the National League East. The historic Renaissance Mayflower is the perfect launching pad for an ABC Washington DC adventure.
- San Diego, CA – It's always sunny in San Diego and there are 70 miles of beaches, a world famous Zoo and Balboa Park the "Smithsonian of the West" with 15 diverse and family friendly museums. Visit Old Town for great eats and hand-made tortillas and La Jolla, Del Mar and Coronado for spectacular views and family fun. For amusement park fun, visits to LegoLand and Sea World are a must. The Manchester Grand Hyatt is a great place for families.
- Boston, MA – Meet the Mallards and ride on a Swan Boat in the Public Garden then spend your afternoon at the Museum of Science or New England Aquarium. On days two, three and four you'll want to visit the Boston Children's Museum, Harvard Museum of Natural History, walk on the Freedom Trail and visit Fenway Park for a game (or tour). The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and BMA are fantastic art museums. The Omni Parker House is a great place to stay.
- New Orleans, LA – Heaven on Earth for foodie kids and their families, NOLA offers great food, culture and four super kid-friendly Audubon Nature Institute attractions: the Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. Older kids will appreciate the history and sounds of Preservation Hall, younger kids will love the Louisiana Children's Museum: all kids we love a visit to Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World. Make the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel your home away from home.
- Miami, FL – Back on our list for the second time in three years, this City has so much culture and energy it remains one of our country's greatest cities. Foodie kids will love a Miami Culinary Tour with Grace Della. Plan to spend a day or two and visit the family friendly attractions of the Historic Redland Trail or the Art Deco district of South Beach, then head back downtown to Little Havana and Domino Park to learn about Cuban food and culture. The Palms Hotel and Spa is an ocean front property in the heart of Miami Beach and in walking distance to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and more!
- Niagara County, New York – There's so much more to do than just Niagara Falls. Visit small towns like Lewiston, Lockport and North Tonawanda (home of the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum) and create unique and memorable experiences for your family. Visit Old Fort Niagara and the Niagara Power Project Power Vista Visitor Center to understand the power and importance of the region. Pick your own fruit at Becker Farms but be sure to save some to top your frozen custard from Hibbards. The Barton Hill Hotel and Spa is a great lodging choice when visiting the region.
- Hershey, PA – The "Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey's Chocolate World features a free chocolate "factory" tour ride (and sample!), Hershey's Really Big 3D movie and much more. The amusement park, gardens and zoo are all top notch just like the Hershey Bears, the reigning champions of the American Hockey League! Stay at either the Hershey Hotel or Hershey Lodge.
ABC Travel Guides for Kids, is the premier producer and publisher of travel guides specifically designed for kids. There books are all-in-one alphabet, activity and souvenir guides. For more information contact Matthew Rosenberger 215-242-4011 or [email protected].
SOURCE ABC Travel Guides for Kids
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 511
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNub’s Data Stream Network.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 274
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 475
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 388
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 PM EST Reads: 362
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk was on IBM Cloudant, Apache CouchDB, and ...
Nov. 25, 2015 08:30 PM EST Reads: 365
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 301
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound cha...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 493
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 506
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Yet a closer inspection at the data reveals less than half of these cloud projects involve production...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 424
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical to maintaining positive ROI. Raxak Protect is an automated security compliance SaaS platform and ma...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 353
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 465
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 364
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 517
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 430
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 115
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 268
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 25, 2015 08:15 AM EST Reads: 350
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 25, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 347
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 25, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 254