|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 02:52 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Presidential Inauguration just around the corner ABC Travel Guides for Kids has released their Top 7 US Family Destinations for 2013 and Washington DC is at the top of the list. The last two picks are a bit of surprise as family travel expert and publisher, Matthew G. Rosenberger has named Niagara County, New York and Hershey, PA as two top picks for 2013.
ABC's Top Destinations for US Family Travel in 2013:
- Washington DC – With 19 Smithsonian Museums and Galleries and the National Zoo families should start a tradition and plan a trip to DC every year. Look for special annual events in the Embassy Row and Georgetown sections of the city and reserve your Nationals tickets early as once again they look like the team to beat in the National League East. The historic Renaissance Mayflower is the perfect launching pad for an ABC Washington DC adventure.
- San Diego, CA – It's always sunny in San Diego and there are 70 miles of beaches, a world famous Zoo and Balboa Park the "Smithsonian of the West" with 15 diverse and family friendly museums. Visit Old Town for great eats and hand-made tortillas and La Jolla, Del Mar and Coronado for spectacular views and family fun. For amusement park fun, visits to LegoLand and Sea World are a must. The Manchester Grand Hyatt is a great place for families.
- Boston, MA – Meet the Mallards and ride on a Swan Boat in the Public Garden then spend your afternoon at the Museum of Science or New England Aquarium. On days two, three and four you'll want to visit the Boston Children's Museum, Harvard Museum of Natural History, walk on the Freedom Trail and visit Fenway Park for a game (or tour). The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and BMA are fantastic art museums. The Omni Parker House is a great place to stay.
- New Orleans, LA – Heaven on Earth for foodie kids and their families, NOLA offers great food, culture and four super kid-friendly Audubon Nature Institute attractions: the Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. Older kids will appreciate the history and sounds of Preservation Hall, younger kids will love the Louisiana Children's Museum: all kids we love a visit to Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World. Make the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel your home away from home.
- Miami, FL – Back on our list for the second time in three years, this City has so much culture and energy it remains one of our country's greatest cities. Foodie kids will love a Miami Culinary Tour with Grace Della. Plan to spend a day or two and visit the family friendly attractions of the Historic Redland Trail or the Art Deco district of South Beach, then head back downtown to Little Havana and Domino Park to learn about Cuban food and culture. The Palms Hotel and Spa is an ocean front property in the heart of Miami Beach and in walking distance to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and more!
- Niagara County, New York – There's so much more to do than just Niagara Falls. Visit small towns like Lewiston, Lockport and North Tonawanda (home of the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum) and create unique and memorable experiences for your family. Visit Old Fort Niagara and the Niagara Power Project Power Vista Visitor Center to understand the power and importance of the region. Pick your own fruit at Becker Farms but be sure to save some to top your frozen custard from Hibbards. The Barton Hill Hotel and Spa is a great lodging choice when visiting the region.
- Hershey, PA – The "Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey's Chocolate World features a free chocolate "factory" tour ride (and sample!), Hershey's Really Big 3D movie and much more. The amusement park, gardens and zoo are all top notch just like the Hershey Bears, the reigning champions of the American Hockey League! Stay at either the Hershey Hotel or Hershey Lodge.
ABC Travel Guides for Kids, is the premier producer and publisher of travel guides specifically designed for kids. There books are all-in-one alphabet, activity and souvenir guides. For more information contact Matthew Rosenberger 215-242-4011 or [email protected].
SOURCE ABC Travel Guides for Kids
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:35 PM EDT Reads: 164
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 885
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 03:38 PM EDT Reads: 289
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,128
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:59 PM EDT Reads: 224
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 805
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 947
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,121
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 464
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 437
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 372
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 436
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,295
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,217
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 470
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,335
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,257
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,348
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,312
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,391