|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 02:52 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Presidential Inauguration just around the corner ABC Travel Guides for Kids has released their Top 7 US Family Destinations for 2013 and Washington DC is at the top of the list. The last two picks are a bit of surprise as family travel expert and publisher, Matthew G. Rosenberger has named Niagara County, New York and Hershey, PA as two top picks for 2013.
ABC's Top Destinations for US Family Travel in 2013:
- Washington DC – With 19 Smithsonian Museums and Galleries and the National Zoo families should start a tradition and plan a trip to DC every year. Look for special annual events in the Embassy Row and Georgetown sections of the city and reserve your Nationals tickets early as once again they look like the team to beat in the National League East. The historic Renaissance Mayflower is the perfect launching pad for an ABC Washington DC adventure.
- San Diego, CA – It's always sunny in San Diego and there are 70 miles of beaches, a world famous Zoo and Balboa Park the "Smithsonian of the West" with 15 diverse and family friendly museums. Visit Old Town for great eats and hand-made tortillas and La Jolla, Del Mar and Coronado for spectacular views and family fun. For amusement park fun, visits to LegoLand and Sea World are a must. The Manchester Grand Hyatt is a great place for families.
- Boston, MA – Meet the Mallards and ride on a Swan Boat in the Public Garden then spend your afternoon at the Museum of Science or New England Aquarium. On days two, three and four you'll want to visit the Boston Children's Museum, Harvard Museum of Natural History, walk on the Freedom Trail and visit Fenway Park for a game (or tour). The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and BMA are fantastic art museums. The Omni Parker House is a great place to stay.
- New Orleans, LA – Heaven on Earth for foodie kids and their families, NOLA offers great food, culture and four super kid-friendly Audubon Nature Institute attractions: the Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. Older kids will appreciate the history and sounds of Preservation Hall, younger kids will love the Louisiana Children's Museum: all kids we love a visit to Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World. Make the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel your home away from home.
- Miami, FL – Back on our list for the second time in three years, this City has so much culture and energy it remains one of our country's greatest cities. Foodie kids will love a Miami Culinary Tour with Grace Della. Plan to spend a day or two and visit the family friendly attractions of the Historic Redland Trail or the Art Deco district of South Beach, then head back downtown to Little Havana and Domino Park to learn about Cuban food and culture. The Palms Hotel and Spa is an ocean front property in the heart of Miami Beach and in walking distance to Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and more!
- Niagara County, New York – There's so much more to do than just Niagara Falls. Visit small towns like Lewiston, Lockport and North Tonawanda (home of the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum) and create unique and memorable experiences for your family. Visit Old Fort Niagara and the Niagara Power Project Power Vista Visitor Center to understand the power and importance of the region. Pick your own fruit at Becker Farms but be sure to save some to top your frozen custard from Hibbards. The Barton Hill Hotel and Spa is a great lodging choice when visiting the region.
- Hershey, PA – The "Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey's Chocolate World features a free chocolate "factory" tour ride (and sample!), Hershey's Really Big 3D movie and much more. The amusement park, gardens and zoo are all top notch just like the Hershey Bears, the reigning champions of the American Hockey League! Stay at either the Hershey Hotel or Hershey Lodge.
ABC Travel Guides for Kids, is the premier producer and publisher of travel guides specifically designed for kids. There books are all-in-one alphabet, activity and souvenir guides. For more information contact Matthew Rosenberger 215-242-4011 or [email protected].
SOURCE ABC Travel Guides for Kids
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,523
Collecting data in the field and configuring multitudes of unique devices is a time-consuming, labor-intensive process that can stretch IT resources. Horan & Bird [H&B], Australia’s fifth-largest Solar Panel Installer, wanted to automate sensor data collection and monitoring from its solar panels and integrate the data with its business and marketing systems. After data was collected and structured, two major areas needed to be addressed: improving developer workflows and extending access to a business application to multiple users (multi-tenancy). Docker, a container technology, was used to ...
May. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,798
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
May. 29, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,750
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 29, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,541
2015 predictions circa 1970: houses anticipate our needs and adapt, city infrastructure is citizen and situation aware, office buildings identify and preprocess you. Today smart buildings have no such collective conscience, no shared set of fundamental services to identify, predict and synchronize around us. LiveSpace and M2Mi are changing that. LiveSpace Smart Environment devices deliver over the M2Mi IoT Platform real time presence, awareness and intent analytics as a service to local connected devices. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sarah Cooper, VP Business of Development at M2Mi, will d...
May. 29, 2015 04:27 PM EDT Reads: 863
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
May. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,120
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, will describe how to revolutionize your architecture and...
May. 29, 2015 02:33 PM EDT Reads: 857
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,897
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are being generated, and that data is being processed into useful actions that can “command and control” thi...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,387
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 29, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,100
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,542
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) i...
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,802
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,497
Thanks to widespread Internet adoption and more than 10 billion connected devices around the world, companies became more excited than ever about the Internet of Things in 2014. Add in the hype around Google Glass and the Nest Thermostat, and nearly every business, including those from traditionally low-tech industries, wanted in. But despite the buzz, some very real business questions emerged – mainly, not if a device can be connected, or even when, but why? Why does connecting to the cloud create greater value for the user? Why do connected features improve the overall experience? And why do...
May. 29, 2015 12:42 PM EDT Reads: 988
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participa...
May. 29, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,394
Imagine a world where targeting, attribution, and analytics are just as intrinsic to the physical world as they currently are to display advertising. Advances in technologies and changes in consumer behavior have opened the door to a whole new category of personalized marketing experience based on direct interactions with products. The products themselves now have a voice. What will they say? Who will control it? And what does it take for brands to win in this new world? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zack Bennett, Vice President of Customer Success at EVRYTHNG, will answer these questions a...
May. 29, 2015 12:13 PM EDT Reads: 889
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,701
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,506
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,200
The multi-trillion economic opportunity around the "Internet of Things" (IoT) is emerging as the hottest topic for investors in 2015. As we connect the physical world with information technology, data from actions, processes and the environment can increase sales, improve efficiencies, automate daily activities and minimize risk. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ed Maguire, Senior Analyst at CLSA Americas, will describe what is new and different about IoT, explore financial, technological and real-world impact across consumer and business use cases. Why now? Significant corporate and venture...
May. 29, 2015 10:50 AM EDT Reads: 961