|By CloudCommons 2012||
|January 3, 2013 09:18 AM EST||
Watch CloudViews Unplugged!
Watch the latest episode of CloudViews Unplugged – Andi Mann and George Watt of CA Technologies take a look at the best cloud predictions for 2013.
Research In Motion (RIM) has sold NewBay, its cloud services company, to Synchronoss Technologies for $55.5 million, according to this Talkin’ Cloud article. The acquisition will expand the global presence of Synchronoss and add the major mobile operators in Europe to its customer list.
Amazon Web Services experienced an outage which left Netflix customers without service on Christmas Eve, according to this New York Times article. Amazon traced the outage to an issue with its load balancing service.
A recent IDC report predicts that 7 million jobs will be created by cloud computing over the next three years, according to this InformationWeek article. The report, which was sponsored by Microsoft, also claims that there are currently 1.7 million cloud-related job openings worldwide.
Smart Enterprise Magazine: Identity as the New Perimeter
The cloud-based mobile enterprise needs special protection. Centralized identity management is the best solution, says John Hawley of CA Technologies. Read “Identity as the New Perimeter,” in the new issue of Smart Enterprise magazine Fearless: How IT Security Empowers Business. Download the free iPad app or read the online edition today.
By Jeremy Rossbach, CA Technologies
Cloud initiatives are at the top of many our customers’ to-do lists nowadays. Whether they are looking to migrate applications to the cloud or just choose the appropriate cloud provider to host a business service during peak utilization periods, capacity management is at the heart of these difficult business decisions. A capacity management solution can provide answers to questions like "How will my workloads affect the performance of the cloud provider's hosted platforms I consume?" and "How can I be sure my application's performance will not suffer when migrating to the cloud?" Read the full article.
What are your cloud computing resolutions for 2013? In this InfoWorld blog, David Linthicum shares his suggestions for 2013, including: I resolve not to cloud-wash, not to use cloud computing for everything, to always consider management, performance, and service governance, and not to question cloud security before I understand the technology.
Are you looking for a wide variety of cloud and IT predictions for 2013? On VMblog.com, David Marshall shares the 2013 predictions of numerous cloud companies, including Dell, HP, CA Technologies and Rackspace.
What can CIOs do to drive innovation? In this Smart Enterprise blog, Denise Dubie recaps a recent Talking Innovation podcast with Jacob Lamm, executive VP of Strategy and Corporate Development at CA Technologies, where he discusses how the CIO’s role needs to change in order to embrace and drive innovation across the organization.
Are vendors rebranding their products to ride the hype of big data? In this Forbes blog, Edd Dumbill discusses the imprecision of the term ‘big data’ and how some vendors are capitalizing on the trend.
Upcoming Cloud Events
- Virtualization and Cloud Summit 2013: January 7-14, Anaheim, CA
- International Conference on Computing: January 28-31, San Diego, CA
- Cloud Expo Europe: January 29-30, Olympia, London
- International Conference on Cloud Computing and Service Science: January 30-31, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#