|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Mercado Libre is the leading B2C E-Commerce Player in Brazil
The new "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com informs about recent trends and revenue figures in B2C E-Commerce in Brazil. Besides the share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales and successful product categories, the report covers Internet user and online shopper statistics as well as leading players.
First it should be noted that Brazil generates by far the highest B2C E-Commerce revenues in all of Latin America. Online revenues are expected to grow further in Brazil; however, forecasts predict less strong growth than in previous years.
Popularity of Group Shopping is soaring in Brazil
More than one third of all Internet users in Brazil conduct online purchases. However, the number of online shoppers is growing slower than in previous years. Overall, more than half of all online shoppers in Brazil made at least one purchase in 2012. "Household articles and information technology" and "household appliances" were the most frequently purchased product categories, followed by "books and magazines". In 2011, group shopping was especially popular among online shoppers in Brazil. Almost half of them conducted purchases on group shopping websites, and more than three quarters of them planned to repeat this.
Internet Users spend the longest Time on Mass Merchant Websites
In December 2011, the leading online retailer in Brazil in terms of the time Internet users spent on its website was mass merchant Mercado Libre, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza, both of which are also mass merchants. For Mercado Libre, Brazil is the most important Latin American market, given that the country generates almost as much revenues as all the other countries of the region combined. Magazine Luiza was able to increase its online revenues between the third quarter of 2011 and the third quarter of 2012 by more than 25%. Amazon is seeking to enter the developing Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market as well and is looking to acquire the B2C E-Commerce platform of Brazilian book store chain and publisher Saraiva. Although Saraiva itself denied this, the Brazilian market is attractive for Amazon. In December, the company has launched a Brazilian online shop for the Kindle e-Reader. German OTTO-Group is also active in Brazil. With Brazilian mail-order company Posthaus, the joint venture DBR was founded in 2012. Furthermore, subsidiary Bonprix is active in Brazil with its own online shop.
According to yStats.com's "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012", online retail in Brazil is expected to see decreasing growth rates in the coming years. Among the leading product categories are household articles and information technology, whereas Mercado Libre is the leading player on the market.
• Online clothing purchases and group shopping represented major trends in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market in 2011.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in Brazil are projected to increase by lower growth rates between 2011 and 2015 than in previous years.
• The most purchased online product categories in Brazil in April 2012 were "Household Articles and Information Technology", "Household Appliances", and "Books and Magazines".
• The share of online shoppers on Internet users in Brazil is expected to continue to increase, despite slowing growth rates in the number of online shoppers.
• In December 2011, Mercado Libre was the most engaging website in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza.
About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
Table of Contents
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Cross-Border international Online Shopping Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Internet Usage and B2C E-Commerce Trends among Seniors in Brazil, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in Brazil, 2012
• Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in %, 2011
• Breakdown of Online Shopping Frequency in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Time spent between Online Research and Online Purchase in Brazil, by Time Range and Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
• Main Reasons in Brazil not to shop Online, by Product Category, incl. Shipping in % of Internet Users, July 2012
• Preferred Payment Methods in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, 12 Months to May 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• M-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012 and Share of Consumers using Mobile Phones in Purchasing Process, in %, 2011
• Mobile Payment Market Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in USD million, 2005-2011
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in USD billion, 2010-2015f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, 2010-2013f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Online Travel Sales in Brazil, compared to the other BRIC Countries, in USD billion, 2010-2016f
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Brazil, in %, 2011 & 2016f
• Share of M-Commerce on total E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in %, H1 2012 & 2013f
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, by Gender, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Mobile Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Mobile Shoppers, May-June 2012
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
• Internet Users in Brazil, compared to other BRIC Countries, in millions and in % Change, July 2011 & July 2012
• Breakdown of Internet Users in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, January 2012
• Mobile Internet Users in Brazil, in millions and in % of Population, 2010-2016f
• Online Shoppers in Brazil, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2010-2015f
• Online Shopper Penetration in Brazil, by Age Group, in % of Internet Users, April 2012
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, December 2011
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Region, in %, December 2011
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 1-10, 2012
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 11-20, 2012
• Most engaging B2C E-Commerce Sites in Brazil, compared to total Retail, in Average Minutes, Average Pages and Average Visits per Visitor, December 2011
• Mercado Libre: Profile
• Mercado Libre: Net Revenues and Year-on-Year Revenue Growth, in USD million and in %, Q3 2011-Q3 2012
• Mercado Libre: Key Performance Metrics in Latin America, in USD, Persons, Items and %, Q3 2011 & Q3 2012
• Lojas Americanas: Profile
• Magazine Luiza: Profile
• News about Amazon in Brazil, 2012
• News about Otto Group in Brazil, 2012
• Top Travel Domains/Websites in Brazil, by Unique Visitors, in thousands, July 2012
• Mercado Libre
• Lojas Americanas
• Magazine Luiza
To order this report:
Contact Nicolas: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 7, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 552
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program, to be aired during the peak viewership season of the year, will have a major impac...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 185
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:13 PM EDT
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,063
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 201
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Oct. 7, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 7,417
SYS-CON Events announced today that Luxoft Holding, Inc., a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Luxoft’s software development services consist of core and mission-critical custom software development and support, product engineering and testing, and technology consulting.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 607
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 7, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,902
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 7, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,848
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 479
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 108
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 608
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 748
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 7, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 454
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 7, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 193
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 673
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 256
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 7, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 468
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 7, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 491