|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Mercado Libre is the leading B2C E-Commerce Player in Brazil
The new "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com informs about recent trends and revenue figures in B2C E-Commerce in Brazil. Besides the share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales and successful product categories, the report covers Internet user and online shopper statistics as well as leading players.
First it should be noted that Brazil generates by far the highest B2C E-Commerce revenues in all of Latin America. Online revenues are expected to grow further in Brazil; however, forecasts predict less strong growth than in previous years.
Popularity of Group Shopping is soaring in Brazil
More than one third of all Internet users in Brazil conduct online purchases. However, the number of online shoppers is growing slower than in previous years. Overall, more than half of all online shoppers in Brazil made at least one purchase in 2012. "Household articles and information technology" and "household appliances" were the most frequently purchased product categories, followed by "books and magazines". In 2011, group shopping was especially popular among online shoppers in Brazil. Almost half of them conducted purchases on group shopping websites, and more than three quarters of them planned to repeat this.
Internet Users spend the longest Time on Mass Merchant Websites
In December 2011, the leading online retailer in Brazil in terms of the time Internet users spent on its website was mass merchant Mercado Libre, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza, both of which are also mass merchants. For Mercado Libre, Brazil is the most important Latin American market, given that the country generates almost as much revenues as all the other countries of the region combined. Magazine Luiza was able to increase its online revenues between the third quarter of 2011 and the third quarter of 2012 by more than 25%. Amazon is seeking to enter the developing Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market as well and is looking to acquire the B2C E-Commerce platform of Brazilian book store chain and publisher Saraiva. Although Saraiva itself denied this, the Brazilian market is attractive for Amazon. In December, the company has launched a Brazilian online shop for the Kindle e-Reader. German OTTO-Group is also active in Brazil. With Brazilian mail-order company Posthaus, the joint venture DBR was founded in 2012. Furthermore, subsidiary Bonprix is active in Brazil with its own online shop.
According to yStats.com's "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012", online retail in Brazil is expected to see decreasing growth rates in the coming years. Among the leading product categories are household articles and information technology, whereas Mercado Libre is the leading player on the market.
• Online clothing purchases and group shopping represented major trends in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market in 2011.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in Brazil are projected to increase by lower growth rates between 2011 and 2015 than in previous years.
• The most purchased online product categories in Brazil in April 2012 were "Household Articles and Information Technology", "Household Appliances", and "Books and Magazines".
• The share of online shoppers on Internet users in Brazil is expected to continue to increase, despite slowing growth rates in the number of online shoppers.
• In December 2011, Mercado Libre was the most engaging website in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza.
About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
Table of Contents
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Cross-Border international Online Shopping Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Internet Usage and B2C E-Commerce Trends among Seniors in Brazil, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in Brazil, 2012
• Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in %, 2011
• Breakdown of Online Shopping Frequency in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Time spent between Online Research and Online Purchase in Brazil, by Time Range and Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
• Main Reasons in Brazil not to shop Online, by Product Category, incl. Shipping in % of Internet Users, July 2012
• Preferred Payment Methods in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, 12 Months to May 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• M-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012 and Share of Consumers using Mobile Phones in Purchasing Process, in %, 2011
• Mobile Payment Market Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in USD million, 2005-2011
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in USD billion, 2010-2015f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, 2010-2013f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Online Travel Sales in Brazil, compared to the other BRIC Countries, in USD billion, 2010-2016f
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Brazil, in %, 2011 & 2016f
• Share of M-Commerce on total E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in %, H1 2012 & 2013f
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, by Gender, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Mobile Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Mobile Shoppers, May-June 2012
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
• Internet Users in Brazil, compared to other BRIC Countries, in millions and in % Change, July 2011 & July 2012
• Breakdown of Internet Users in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, January 2012
• Mobile Internet Users in Brazil, in millions and in % of Population, 2010-2016f
• Online Shoppers in Brazil, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2010-2015f
• Online Shopper Penetration in Brazil, by Age Group, in % of Internet Users, April 2012
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, December 2011
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Region, in %, December 2011
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 1-10, 2012
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 11-20, 2012
• Most engaging B2C E-Commerce Sites in Brazil, compared to total Retail, in Average Minutes, Average Pages and Average Visits per Visitor, December 2011
• Mercado Libre: Profile
• Mercado Libre: Net Revenues and Year-on-Year Revenue Growth, in USD million and in %, Q3 2011-Q3 2012
• Mercado Libre: Key Performance Metrics in Latin America, in USD, Persons, Items and %, Q3 2011 & Q3 2012
• Lojas Americanas: Profile
• Magazine Luiza: Profile
• News about Amazon in Brazil, 2012
• News about Otto Group in Brazil, 2012
• Top Travel Domains/Websites in Brazil, by Unique Visitors, in thousands, July 2012
• Mercado Libre
• Lojas Americanas
• Magazine Luiza
To order this report:
Contact Nicolas: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,021
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,804
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,209
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,546
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,685
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,855
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,794
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,446
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,343
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 482
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,795
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,973
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,834
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,958
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,184
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,627
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,206
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,130