|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Mercado Libre is the leading B2C E-Commerce Player in Brazil
The new "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com informs about recent trends and revenue figures in B2C E-Commerce in Brazil. Besides the share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales and successful product categories, the report covers Internet user and online shopper statistics as well as leading players.
First it should be noted that Brazil generates by far the highest B2C E-Commerce revenues in all of Latin America. Online revenues are expected to grow further in Brazil; however, forecasts predict less strong growth than in previous years.
Popularity of Group Shopping is soaring in Brazil
More than one third of all Internet users in Brazil conduct online purchases. However, the number of online shoppers is growing slower than in previous years. Overall, more than half of all online shoppers in Brazil made at least one purchase in 2012. "Household articles and information technology" and "household appliances" were the most frequently purchased product categories, followed by "books and magazines". In 2011, group shopping was especially popular among online shoppers in Brazil. Almost half of them conducted purchases on group shopping websites, and more than three quarters of them planned to repeat this.
Internet Users spend the longest Time on Mass Merchant Websites
In December 2011, the leading online retailer in Brazil in terms of the time Internet users spent on its website was mass merchant Mercado Libre, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza, both of which are also mass merchants. For Mercado Libre, Brazil is the most important Latin American market, given that the country generates almost as much revenues as all the other countries of the region combined. Magazine Luiza was able to increase its online revenues between the third quarter of 2011 and the third quarter of 2012 by more than 25%. Amazon is seeking to enter the developing Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market as well and is looking to acquire the B2C E-Commerce platform of Brazilian book store chain and publisher Saraiva. Although Saraiva itself denied this, the Brazilian market is attractive for Amazon. In December, the company has launched a Brazilian online shop for the Kindle e-Reader. German OTTO-Group is also active in Brazil. With Brazilian mail-order company Posthaus, the joint venture DBR was founded in 2012. Furthermore, subsidiary Bonprix is active in Brazil with its own online shop.
According to yStats.com's "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012", online retail in Brazil is expected to see decreasing growth rates in the coming years. Among the leading product categories are household articles and information technology, whereas Mercado Libre is the leading player on the market.
• Online clothing purchases and group shopping represented major trends in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market in 2011.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in Brazil are projected to increase by lower growth rates between 2011 and 2015 than in previous years.
• The most purchased online product categories in Brazil in April 2012 were "Household Articles and Information Technology", "Household Appliances", and "Books and Magazines".
• The share of online shoppers on Internet users in Brazil is expected to continue to increase, despite slowing growth rates in the number of online shoppers.
• In December 2011, Mercado Libre was the most engaging website in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza.
About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
Table of Contents
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Cross-Border international Online Shopping Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Internet Usage and B2C E-Commerce Trends among Seniors in Brazil, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in Brazil, 2012
• Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in %, 2011
• Breakdown of Online Shopping Frequency in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Time spent between Online Research and Online Purchase in Brazil, by Time Range and Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
• Main Reasons in Brazil not to shop Online, by Product Category, incl. Shipping in % of Internet Users, July 2012
• Preferred Payment Methods in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, 12 Months to May 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• M-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012 and Share of Consumers using Mobile Phones in Purchasing Process, in %, 2011
• Mobile Payment Market Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in USD million, 2005-2011
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in USD billion, 2010-2015f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, 2010-2013f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Online Travel Sales in Brazil, compared to the other BRIC Countries, in USD billion, 2010-2016f
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Brazil, in %, 2011 & 2016f
• Share of M-Commerce on total E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in %, H1 2012 & 2013f
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, by Gender, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Mobile Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Mobile Shoppers, May-June 2012
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
• Internet Users in Brazil, compared to other BRIC Countries, in millions and in % Change, July 2011 & July 2012
• Breakdown of Internet Users in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, January 2012
• Mobile Internet Users in Brazil, in millions and in % of Population, 2010-2016f
• Online Shoppers in Brazil, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2010-2015f
• Online Shopper Penetration in Brazil, by Age Group, in % of Internet Users, April 2012
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, December 2011
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Region, in %, December 2011
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 1-10, 2012
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 11-20, 2012
• Most engaging B2C E-Commerce Sites in Brazil, compared to total Retail, in Average Minutes, Average Pages and Average Visits per Visitor, December 2011
• Mercado Libre: Profile
• Mercado Libre: Net Revenues and Year-on-Year Revenue Growth, in USD million and in %, Q3 2011-Q3 2012
• Mercado Libre: Key Performance Metrics in Latin America, in USD, Persons, Items and %, Q3 2011 & Q3 2012
• Lojas Americanas: Profile
• Magazine Luiza: Profile
• News about Amazon in Brazil, 2012
• News about Otto Group in Brazil, 2012
• Top Travel Domains/Websites in Brazil, by Unique Visitors, in thousands, July 2012
• Mercado Libre
• Lojas Americanas
• Magazine Luiza
To order this report:
Contact Nicolas: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 305
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,403
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 458
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 109
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 273
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,061
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,164
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,274
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,185
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,765
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,043
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,031
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,905
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,576
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 393
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,959
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 463
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,492