|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Mercado Libre is the leading B2C E-Commerce Player in Brazil
The new "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com informs about recent trends and revenue figures in B2C E-Commerce in Brazil. Besides the share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales and successful product categories, the report covers Internet user and online shopper statistics as well as leading players.
First it should be noted that Brazil generates by far the highest B2C E-Commerce revenues in all of Latin America. Online revenues are expected to grow further in Brazil; however, forecasts predict less strong growth than in previous years.
Popularity of Group Shopping is soaring in Brazil
More than one third of all Internet users in Brazil conduct online purchases. However, the number of online shoppers is growing slower than in previous years. Overall, more than half of all online shoppers in Brazil made at least one purchase in 2012. "Household articles and information technology" and "household appliances" were the most frequently purchased product categories, followed by "books and magazines". In 2011, group shopping was especially popular among online shoppers in Brazil. Almost half of them conducted purchases on group shopping websites, and more than three quarters of them planned to repeat this.
Internet Users spend the longest Time on Mass Merchant Websites
In December 2011, the leading online retailer in Brazil in terms of the time Internet users spent on its website was mass merchant Mercado Libre, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza, both of which are also mass merchants. For Mercado Libre, Brazil is the most important Latin American market, given that the country generates almost as much revenues as all the other countries of the region combined. Magazine Luiza was able to increase its online revenues between the third quarter of 2011 and the third quarter of 2012 by more than 25%. Amazon is seeking to enter the developing Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market as well and is looking to acquire the B2C E-Commerce platform of Brazilian book store chain and publisher Saraiva. Although Saraiva itself denied this, the Brazilian market is attractive for Amazon. In December, the company has launched a Brazilian online shop for the Kindle e-Reader. German OTTO-Group is also active in Brazil. With Brazilian mail-order company Posthaus, the joint venture DBR was founded in 2012. Furthermore, subsidiary Bonprix is active in Brazil with its own online shop.
According to yStats.com's "Brazil B2C E-Commerce Report 2012", online retail in Brazil is expected to see decreasing growth rates in the coming years. Among the leading product categories are household articles and information technology, whereas Mercado Libre is the leading player on the market.
• Online clothing purchases and group shopping represented major trends in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market in 2011.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in Brazil are projected to increase by lower growth rates between 2011 and 2015 than in previous years.
• The most purchased online product categories in Brazil in April 2012 were "Household Articles and Information Technology", "Household Appliances", and "Books and Magazines".
• The share of online shoppers on Internet users in Brazil is expected to continue to increase, despite slowing growth rates in the number of online shoppers.
• In December 2011, Mercado Libre was the most engaging website in the Brazilian B2C E-Commerce market, followed by Lojas Americanas and Magazine Luiza.
About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.
Table of Contents
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Cross-Border international Online Shopping Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• Internet Usage and B2C E-Commerce Trends among Seniors in Brazil, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in Brazil, 2012
• Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in %, 2011
• Breakdown of Online Shopping Frequency in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Time spent between Online Research and Online Purchase in Brazil, by Time Range and Product Category, in % of Online Shoppers, March 2012
• Main Reasons in Brazil not to shop Online, by Product Category, incl. Shipping in % of Internet Users, July 2012
• Preferred Payment Methods in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, 12 Months to May 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012
• M-Commerce Trends in Brazil, 2011/2012 and Share of Consumers using Mobile Phones in Purchasing Process, in %, 2011
• Mobile Payment Market Trends in Brazil, 2012
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Latin America, by Country, including Brazil, in USD million, 2005-2011
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in USD billion, 2010-2015f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, 2010-2013f
• B2C E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in BRL billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Online Travel Sales in Brazil, compared to the other BRIC Countries, in USD billion, 2010-2016f
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in Brazil, in %, 2011 & 2016f
• Share of M-Commerce on total E-Commerce Sales in Brazil, in %, H1 2012 & 2013f
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Online Product Categories in Brazil, by Gender, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
• Purchased Mobile Product Categories in Brazil, in % of Mobile Shoppers, May-June 2012
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
• Internet Users in Brazil, compared to other BRIC Countries, in millions and in % Change, July 2011 & July 2012
• Breakdown of Internet Users in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, January 2012
• Mobile Internet Users in Brazil, in millions and in % of Population, 2010-2016f
• Online Shoppers in Brazil, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2010-2015f
• Online Shopper Penetration in Brazil, by Age Group, in % of Internet Users, April 2012
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Age Group, in %, December 2011
• Breakdown of unique Visitors to Retail Category Websites in Brazil, by Region, in %, December 2011
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 1-10, 2012
• Leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Brazil, 11-20, 2012
• Most engaging B2C E-Commerce Sites in Brazil, compared to total Retail, in Average Minutes, Average Pages and Average Visits per Visitor, December 2011
• Mercado Libre: Profile
• Mercado Libre: Net Revenues and Year-on-Year Revenue Growth, in USD million and in %, Q3 2011-Q3 2012
• Mercado Libre: Key Performance Metrics in Latin America, in USD, Persons, Items and %, Q3 2011 & Q3 2012
• Lojas Americanas: Profile
• Magazine Luiza: Profile
• News about Amazon in Brazil, 2012
• News about Otto Group in Brazil, 2012
• Top Travel Domains/Websites in Brazil, by Unique Visitors, in thousands, July 2012
• Mercado Libre
• Lojas Americanas
• Magazine Luiza
To order this report:
Contact Nicolas: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 363
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Aug. 31, 2015 07:00 PM EDT
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 243
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 456
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 416
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 141
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Aug. 31, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 31, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 895
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 31, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 228
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 31, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 161
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 655
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 304
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 124
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 422
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 453
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 219
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 192
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 556
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 486