|By PR Newswire||
|December 21, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Quaker Oats Company, a division of PepsiCo, announced today the debut of "Quaker Up," an integrated marketing campaign that showcases how Quaker provides the nourishment to fuel the epic adventures of everyday family life.
The new campaign takes a master brand approach by highlighting the broad portfolio of delicious Quaker products made with oats from oatmeal to snack bars to cereal to cookies. It aims to contemporize the iconic and trusted brand by creating a more relevant connection to today's mom and acknowledging and sharing her point-of-view that everyday family life can be "epic."
Components of the campaign, which kicks off on Dec. 21, include:
- Two 30-second television commercials
- Digital creative, including a Facebook app that will allow consumers to share their family's everyday epic adventures
- Print ads focused on new products such as Quaker Perfect Portions, customized, flavored instant oatmeal
- In-store displays with couponing
- New packaging featuring a refreshed logo of the iconic Quaker man
- Hispanic-themed creative
"This campaign shifts the word Quaker from a noun to a verb, sparking action and bringing to life how Quaker can help provide healthy fuel like oatmeal for families' daily adventures," said Justin Lambeth, Chief Marketing Officer for Quaker Oats. "Whether she's playing pirates with her son or teaching her daughter to ride a bike, we know mom is celebrating her family's big and small moments, and we want to be the brand to recognize and fuel her through that journey."
A 30-second television ad called "Hill" serves as the campaign's first creative execution and represents Quaker's first collaboration with Chicago-based Energy BBDO. The ad depicts a boy riding his bike up a neighborhood hill, which he imagines to be an adventure up the world's tallest mountain.
"The idea behind the ad is that it focuses on family activities that require physical energy and celebrates common, relatable, everyday events," said Dan Fietsam, Chief Creative Officer for Energy BBDO. "We know everyone can relate to the epic nature of a child's imagination so we really wanted to play off of that as a way to emotionally connect with moms."
A second spot entitled "Lake," continues the campaign's momentum when it airs a few weeks later. Both TV ads will appear on a variety of broadcast and cable networks, including ABC, NBC and Bravo.
"Quaker Up" is part of the larger brand effort to provide today's families with relevant and nourishing solutions and is being done in concert with a continued pipeline of product innovation and strategic brand partnerships. In 2012, Quaker launched Real Medleys, a premium and portable hot oatmeal, introduced Quaker Yogurt Bars into the US market from Canada, and entered a new category with the introduction of Quaker Oatmeal Cookies. Quaker is also driving consumer engagement in February at Super Bowl XLVII through a partnership with spokesperson Andrew Luck and NFL PLAY 60 as part of the brand's inaugural year of working with the league.
About The Quaker Oats Company
The Quaker Oats Company, headquartered in Chicago, is a unit of PepsiCo, Inc., one of the world's largest consumer packaged goods companies. For more than 130 years, Quaker's brands have served as symbols of quality, great taste and nutrition. Holding No. 1 positions in their respective categories, Quaker® Oats, Quaker® Rice Cakes and Quaker Chewy® Granola Bars are consumer favorites. For more information, please visit www.QuakerOats.com, www.Facebook.com/Quaker or follow us on Twitter @Quaker.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
Quaker Foods North America
Edelman Public Relations
SOURCE The Quaker Oats Company
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#