|By Marketwired .||
|December 19, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 12/19/12 -- IBEX Technologies Inc. (TSX VENTURE:IBT) today reported its financial results for the quarter ended October 31, 2012.
"We are pleased to start the year with strong revenues and a positive cash flow", said Paul Baehr, IBEX President and CEO. "Revenues were equal to a very strong quarter year ago, and our balance sheet strengthened compared to the previous quarter. Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities increased by 6%."
FIRST QUARTER FISCAL 2013 FINANCIAL RESULTS
Sales for the quarter ended October 31, 2012 totaled $754,338 compared to $752,464 in the same period of the prior year.
The Company recorded net earnings of $68,670 compared to $144,752 for the same period year ago. This decrease in net earnings is attributable to a lower inventory allocation which is the impact of goods manufactured for sale in subsequent quarters.
Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities increased 6% during the quarter ended October 31, 2012 to $2,846,909 from $2,677,276 in the previous quarter ended July 31, 2012.
The Company's net working capital was $2,885,929 as at the end of the quarter ended October 31, 2012 up from $2,790,395 as at the end of the prior quarter ending July 31, 2012.
Financial Summary for the first quarter ended October 31, October 31, 2012 2011 ------------------------------ Revenues $754,338 $752,464 Earnings before interests, tax, depreciation & amortization $100,243 $192,152 Depreciation & Amortization $40,467 $41,019 Net Earnings $68,670 $144,752 Profit per Share basic and diluted $0.00 $0.01 Cash, Cash Equivalents & Marketable Securities $2,846,909 $2,425,920 Working Capital $2,885,929 $2,988,091 Outstanding shares at report date (Common Shares) 24,703,244 24,703,244
The Company manufactures and markets a series of proprietary enzymes (heparinases and chondroitinases). These enzymes are used in pharmaceutical research, quality assurance and, in the case of Heparinase I, in diagnostic devices which measure hemostasis in patients.
IBEX also develops, manufactures and markets arthritis assays which are widely used in pharmaceutical research. These assays enable the measurement of cartilage synthesis and degradation, and are powerful tools in the study of osteo and rheumatoid arthritis. The IBEX R&D unit is also working on new assays which will be marketed over the coming months.
For more information, please visit the Company's web site at www.ibex.ca.
Safe Harbor Statement
All of the statements contained in this news release, other than statements of fact that are independently verifiable at the date hereof, are forward-looking statements. Such statements, based as they are on the current expectations of management, inherently involve numerous risks and uncertainties, known and unknown. Some examples of known risks are: the impact of general economic conditions, general conditions in the pharmaceutical industry, changes in the regulatory environment in the jurisdictions in which IBEX does business, stock market volatility, fluctuations in costs, and changes to the competitive environment due to consolidation or otherwise. Consequently, actual future results may differ materially from the anticipated results expressed in the forward-looking statements. IBEX disclaims any intention or obligation to update these statements.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
President & CEO
IBEX Technologies Inc.
514-344-4004 x 143
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#