|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 10:03 AM EST||
Bloomberg Vault, Bloomberg's cloud-based enterprise information management service, announced today it is positioned as a Challenger in Gartner's 2012 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving.
Developed by Gartner, Magic Quadrants offer visual snapshots of a market’s direction, maturity and participants. Gartner defines companies positioned in the Challenger quadrant as those “that execute well against their current vision.”
“We are honored to debut as a Challenger in Gartner's Magic Quadrant this year,” said Harald Collet, global business manager for Bloomberg Vault. “Bloomberg Vault offers enterprises a cloud-based information management platform that can scale globally and address stringent risk, compliance and data archiving requirements. More than 500 enterprises already archive in excess of 66 billion messages with Bloomberg Vault, and we’re leveraging our global data center infrastructure to meet data privacy challenges with the Local Vault service. ”
Bloomberg Vault launched in 2010 with a premium enterprise platform for corporate message compliance, eDiscovery and archiving. It is the first enterprise information management service to address unstructured data as a cost-effective, managed service for global firms. Bloomberg Vault leverages the reliability, security and scalability of Bloomberg’s global private network, including biometric authentication of users for security and redundant data centers for disaster recovery.
In the last year, Bloomberg Vault added new capabilities, which were considered in Gartner's assessment of the product:
- Bloomberg Vault added support for all enterprise messaging and content, such as, Microsoft Exchange e-mail, electronic documents and files and corporate instant messaging, including Instant Bloomberg (IB).
- Global scalability with presence in over 190 locations around the world. Bloomberg’s Local Vault facilitates companies’ configuration of data privacy and compliance policies, helping companies meet regional regulatory mandates for in-region or in-country storage of all corporate communications and content, such as e-mail, mobile, social media, instant messaging, files and documents.
- Real-time policy analytics that can automatically supervise communication against more than 40 pre-defined policies, identifying communications that may require further review.
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Office365 and IBM Domino with native replication for scalable and secure message archiving and eDiscovery review.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. To learn more please go to www.gartner.com.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#