|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
In response to enterprise customers’ interest in Windows 8, Skillsoft is now providing a “Configuring Microsoft Windows 8” Live Learning course. The course introduces IT professionals to important new capabilities that Windows 8 has to offer, providing the foundation needed to develop a strategy for migrating their organization to the new operating system. The course covers a broad spectrum of topics including installation, migration, Windows 8-style applications, user and group accounts, security, networking, client virtualization and advanced configuration. Introduced in October, Windows 8 features a new user interface, new applications and the Windows Store. Spanning consumer to enterprise needs, Windows 8 also introduces Windows RT, which runs on mobile devices using the ARM architecture, such as tablets. Through Skillsoft’s “Configuring Microsoft Windows 8” Live Learning course, attendees will gain the insights and skills needed to help leading-edge organizations take advantage of the latest advances from Microsoft in touch interfaces, virtualization, mobile and cloud computing.
“Our ‘Configuring Microsoft Windows 8’ Live Learning course is the latest chapter in our ongoing success in providing the industry’s leading learning assets for Microsoft solutions,” said Dan Young, Director of Live Learning, Skillsoft. “Microsoft sees Windows 8 as a major milestone in the evolution of Windows and computing on the whole. Enterprises in particular recognize the importance of understanding how Windows 8 should be integrated into their technology roadmaps. Our course incorporates the student feedback from our award-winning Microsoft-based Live Learning courses and applies that to deliver the most thorough and engaging approach to learning how to get the most out of Windows 8. When something as significant as Windows 8 is introduced, organizations need both strategic guidance and expert tactical instruction on how to tackle this opportunity. We’re confident that our course will help them be successful in this endeavor.”
Skillsoft’s Live Learning was designed to bring the benefits of traditional instructor-led training right to the desktop. Over the years, Skillsoft has proven that expert-led training over the Web can achieve the same level of knowledge transfer as in-person ILT, while offering additional advantages learners can't get anywhere else. What's more, Skillsoft's world-class experts underpin every mode of learning in the offering, from providing subject-matter expertise during development, to lively, engaging presentations and mentoring, to comprehensive class notes, labs and study guides.
Configuring Microsoft Windows 8
This course is for IT professionals who install, configure, maintain and support Microsoft Windows 8 clients, desktops, devices and users within any size organization. It is also designed for individuals who seek professional distinction through the 70-687 Windows 8 Configuring exam. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Interact with Windows 8
- Prepare to Install Windows 8
- Install Windows 8 using Setup and Windows ADK
- Upgrade & Migrate to Windows 8
- Configure Windows To Go
- Configure User Authentication & User Account Control
- Configure Local Policies
- Configure Windows 8 Style Applications & Internet Explorer 10
- Configure AppLocker
- Configure Virtualization Technologies
- Configure Offline Files, Roaming Profiles & Folder Redirection
- Configure User Data including Libraries, File History and Disk Quotas
- Share, Secure & Encrypt User Data with NTFS, EFS and BitLocker
- Configure Devices & Drivers
- Configure Disks & Storage Spaces
- Configure IPv4, IPv6 & DNS Settings
- Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Configure Network Protection
- Configure Power Settings
- Configure Wireless & Remote Connections
- Monitor & Optimize Window 8 Performance
- Configure Windows Updates
- Configure Remote Management
- Configure System Recovery
- Use Basic Powershell Cmdlets
For more information on Skillsoft’s Live Learning Microsoft Technical Catalog, please visit http://www.skillsoft.com/products/live_learning/series.asp?id=5056063.
Skillsoft is a pioneer in the field of learning with a long history of innovation. Skillsoft provides cloud based learning solutions for its customers worldwide, ranging from global enterprises, government, and education to mid-sized and small businesses. Skillsoft's customer support teams draw on a wealth of in-house experience and a comprehensive learning e-library to develop off-the-shelf and custom learning programs tailored to cost-effectively meet customer needs. Skillsoft's courses, books and videos have been developed by industry leading learning experts to ensure that they maximize business skills, performance, and talent development.
Skillsoft currently serves over 5,000 customers and more than 13,000,000 learners around the world. Skillsoft is on the web at www.Skillsoft.com.
Skillsoft courseware content described herein is for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. Skillsoft has no obligation or commitment to develop or deliver any future release, upgrade, feature, enhancement or function described in this press release except as specifically set forth in a written agreement.
Skillsoft, the Skillsoft logo, Skillport, Search & Learn, SkillChoice, Books24x7, ITPro, BusinessPro, OfficeEssentials, GovEssentials, EngineeringPro, FinancePro, AnalystPerspectives, ExecSummaries, ExecBlueprints, Express Guide, Dialogue, Quickskill and inGenius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Skillsoft Ireland Limited in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- The Agile PMO
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- Three Things You Must Know About the End of Support of Windows Server 2003
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Learn How You Can Easily Extend Your Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Flexiant Acquires Besol’s Tapp Multi-Cloud Management Technology and Business
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- Ten Answers Regarding Mobile App Testing
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Windows Least Privilege Management and Beyond
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#