|By PR Newswire||
|December 14, 2012 07:54 AM EST||
MUMBAI, December 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- A Story of the Girl Next Door Transforming Into a Diva
- Dimple Paul Crowned Veet 'Be The Diva' 2012
Veet, the world leader in depilatories, celebrates Beauty and Confidence at 'VEET Be The Diva' beauty contest grand finale held at Mumbai. 16 finalists of 'VEET Be The Diva' contest walked the ramp with the first runners-up Miss India Earth 2012 Prachi Mishra and Miss India International Rochelle Maria Rao. Dimple Paul was adjudged the winner of Veet 'Be The Diva' 2012 contest and crowned by Ms. Vanya Mishra, Pantaloon Femina Miss India - World, 2012. Dimple Paul, the final winning "Diva" will enjoy her portfolio being managed by Nandini Mehta, a leading fashion photographer.
Manmeet Kaur and Natasha Sharma were the runner-ups and all the top 3 winners are awarded an annual contract with KWAN, India's premier celebrity management firm..
'VEET Be the Diva', an open to all contest, had over 1500 entries across the country. 4 city auditions were held to select 50 girls from the 200 shortlisted contestants. A voting round was initiated on Veet India Facebook page where these 50 girls competed to gather the maximum votes to be amongst the top 16 winners.
Mr. Chander Mohan Sethi, Senior Vice President, South East Asia, Reckitt Benckiser said, "Veet stands for Beauty and Confidence! We at Veet believe that every woman radiates beauty from within. The contest today is a platform for the girl next door to discover and highlight the Diva within her. Confidence is one defining quality of a Diva. And 'VEET Be The Diva' contest provides an opportunity to every girl, no matter who she is, or where she is from, to awaken the Diva within her and shine."
Congratulating the finalists, CAA KWAN added, "It was a great experience working with the Veet 'divas'. All of them are terrific and have the 'beauty and confidence' to take on the world. Today walking on the ramp for the Veet 'Be The Diva' contest, marks the beginning of a new journey for all these girls. Our best wishes for them."
Ms. Vanya Mishra, Pantaloon Femina Miss India - World, 2012 said, "Beautiful touchable smooth skin is the starting point of 'beauty'. Beauty in turn gives 'confidence' to every girl. Veet through the 'VEET Be The Diva' contest today applauded the beauty and confidence in the girl next door. A Diva is not necessarily a model or an actress; Diva, is the hidden beauty in every woman, every girl waiting to be enhanced and recognised."
Shakir Shaikh choreographed the show and Shane Clarke was the make-up artist. Latha Sunadh, noted fashion editor STRUT120, Miss Malini, famous fashion and bollywood blogger and Twitteratti, Vanya Mishra, Pantaloon Femina Miss India - World, 2012, Jaffer Ali Munshi, famous stylists, Nandini Mehta, leading fashion photographer and Akhil Chandra MD, RB India and Bertrand Delagneau, Marketing Director, RB consisted of the jury.
Preparing for the Grand Finale, Veet teamed up with 5 beauty experts for grooming workshops to help all Veet Divas be their confident and beautiful best for 2 days prior to the show. These workshops were also relayed live on Veet's Facebook and Twitter page. The grooming session would be conducted by renowned experts in their respective field. The finalists will be trained on Beauty and Makeup By Venus Pereira; Ramp Walk By choreographer Shakir; Styling By stylist Jaffer Ali Munshi; Nutrition and Fitness By Deepesh Bhatta; and Posing By Nandini Mehta.
Veet celebrates 'Beauty and Confidence' and 'Be the Diva' is a seamless story of transformation of the 'girl next door' into a 'Diva'. Through this platform, we provide the girl next door, who always aspires to be a known face in beauty and fashion. In its second year, Be the Diva has reached out to twice the number of aspiring young ladies giving them a platform to reach their dreams.
Veet - one of the leading brands from Reckitt Benckiser's portfolio - is the leader in hair depilatories worldwide and is available in more than 50 countries. Veet, World's No 1 hair removal cream, was launched in India in November 2004. It is endorsed by supermodels around the world. In India, leading film actress Katrina Kaif is the brand ambassador for Veet.
About Reckitt Benckiser:
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is a global consumer goods leader in health, hygiene and home. With a purpose of delivering innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, RB is in the top 25 of companies listed on the London Stock Exchange. Since 2000 net revenues have trebled and the market cap has increased by 5 times. Today it is the global No. 1 or No. 2 in the majority of its fast-growing categories, driven by an exceptional rate of innovation. It's health, hygiene and home port`folio is led by 19 global Powerbrands including Nurofen, Strepsils Gaviscon, Mucinex, Durex, Scholl, Lysol, Dettol, Clearasil, Veet, Harpic, Bang, Mortein, Finish, Vanish, Woolite, Calgon, Airwick, and French's, and they account for 70% of net revenue.
RB people and its culture are at the heart of the company's success. They have an intense drive for achievement and a desire to outperform wherever they focus, including in CSR where the company has reduced its Carbon footprint by 20% in 5 years and is targeting now to deliver a 1/3 reduction in water use, 1/3 further reduction in Carbon and have 1/3 of its net revenue coming from more sustainable products by 2020. It is also the Save the Children charity's largest FMCG global partner.
The company has operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in the UK, Singapore, Dubai and Amsterdam, and sales in almost 200 countries. The company employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide.
Primary Media Contact: Rakesh Kumar Jha, [email protected], 91-9873904595
Secondary Media Contact: Sushila Ahlawat, [email protected], 91-9999395952
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- The Agile PMO
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Cloudera Strengthens Hadoop Security with Acquisition of Gazzang: Builds on additional community efforts to deliver end-to-end security offering
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- Three Things You Must Know About the End of Support of Windows Server 2003
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Learn How You Can Easily Extend Your Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Flexiant Acquires Besol’s Tapp Multi-Cloud Management Technology and Business
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- Ten Answers Regarding Mobile App Testing
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Windows Least Privilege Management and Beyond
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#