|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 06:20 PM EST||
PRAGUE, December 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
JetBrains rolls out its annual IntelliJ IDEA update with a significantly faster compiler, support for Java 8, UI designer for Android development and a new stylish dark look-and-feel
JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the public availability of IntelliJ IDEA 12, a regular yearly update of their award-winning Java IDE for web, enterprise and mobile development.
The latest release features a brand new, much faster compiler for enhanced user experience. "We have rebuilt the compiler from the ground up and moved it to a separate process," said Maxim Mossienko, IntelliJ IDEA project lead. "Now your project can be compiled automatically in the background on every change you make, so you can run it almost instantly any time."
As usual, IntelliJ IDEA stays on top of cutting-edge technologies to provide developers with timely support. It embraces the latest versions of Java, including its previews and new features that every developer is eager to try. With IntelliJ IDEA 12, JDK 8 can already be enjoyed with code assistance for new syntax such as lambda expressions, method references, and default methods.
Among other technologies, IntelliJ IDEA expands its support for Android-the fastest growing mobile platform today-with a well-crafted, smart Android UI designer implemented in the best traditions of JetBrains. Its wide range of unique, dedicated refactorings, code assistance and analysis features make IntelliJ IDEA a top-choice IDE for mobile development, also available for free through the Community Edition.
And now to the 'darker side': IntelliJ IDEA 12 comes with a redesigned user interface, along with the new stylish dark look and feel Darcula. "Our goal was to make the interface clearer and more functional. This dark theme minimizes distraction so you can focus more on the code and less on the IDE," explained Konstantin Bulenkov, senior IntelliJ IDEA developer and author of Darcula.
Other major features introduced in IntelliJ IDEA 12 include:
- Significantly improved support for Spring frameworks, including Integration, Web Flow, MVC, Security, Batch, and more
- Support for Play 2.0 for Scala and Java
- Enhanced management tools for J2EE application servers, with support for Cloud Foundry and CloudBees platforms
- Powerful tools for database management
- Support for Drools Expert with advanced code assistance
To learn more about what's new in JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 12 and to download the edition of your choice, please visit the official IntelliJ IDEA website at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea.
For information on the new pricing and licensing options for IntelliJ IDEA, please visit http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/buy.
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its award-winning Java™ integrated development environment IntelliJ® IDEA (see details at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea), TeamCity-a continuous integration and build management environment (http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity), and ReSharper-a productivity tool for .NET developers (http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper), among others. JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic and has R&D labs in St. Petersburg and Moscow, Russia; Munich, Germany; and Boston, MA, USA. For more information see http://www.jetbrains.com.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, TeamCity and ReSharper are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- One Horizon Group Announces First Quarter 2014 Results
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#