|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 02:33 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World today announced the finalists of the Best in Test Awards competition, selected by the editors of Test & Measurement World. The awards recognize the best in test products and test professionals.
The program comprises three main categories – the Best in Test Product Awards, the Test of Time Awards, and Test Engineer of the Year Award. Test & Measurement World readers are asked to vote online for the award winners at http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway through December 31, 2012. Winners will be announced during the Best in Test 2013 Awards ceremony on January 31, 2013 during a ceremony held in the Chiphead Theater in conjunction with DesignCon 2013, which takes place January 28-31, 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
"Since 1991 we have had the annual tradition of selecting the Best in Test Award winners," said Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World, UBM Tech. "We received an outstanding group of new innovative products and services this year. We look forward to hearing what our readers think of these selections and which products they believe will define our industry for years to come."
The Best in Test Product Awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible. The annual Test of Time Award is presented to a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art service more than five years after its introduction. The Test Engineer of the Year Award pays tribute to the important contributions test engineers make to the quality of electronics components, products and systems. The award winner receives a $10,000 educational grant, courtesy of sponsor National Instruments, which is presented to an engineering school designated by the winner.
The Best in Test finalists include:
- Diamondx Test Platform; LTX-Credence
- Advantest T2000 Integrated Massive Parallel Test Solution (IMS); Advantest Corporation
- TR7680 3D Automated X-Ray Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Multi-Function Application Board for in-circuit testers; Teradyne
- 7700 Integrated Microwave Test System; Aeroflex
- WLAN Boundary Scan Controller SFX/WSL1149-(x); GOEPEL electronic
- R&S ESR EMI test receiver; Rohde & Schwarz
- R&S VTC Video test center; Rohde & Schwarz
- Fluke Networks TS'54 TDR VDV telephone test set; Fluke Networks
- PXIe-9848: 8-CH 14-bit 100 MS/s High-Speed PXI Express Digitizer; ADLINK Technology
- QuantumX MX1615 Strain Gauge Bridge Amplifier; HBM Test & Measurement
- Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System; National Instruments
- DT8824-HV Ethernet Data Acquisition Module; Data Translation, Inc.
- GX2065 - 6.5 Digit, Performance DMM & 3MS/s Digitizer; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- U1177A Infrared-to-Bluetooth® adapter for multimeters; Agilent Technologies
- Spirent Hybrid Location Technology Solution (HLTS); Spirent Communications
- RP-5300 Multi-Channel RF Recorder; Averna
- ZT8201 6 GHz VSA and VSG One-Box Solution; ZTEC Instruments
- ACE MX2 MIMO channel emulator; Azimuth Systems
- EB Propsim F32 radio channel emulator; Elektrobit (EB)
- Spirent Landslide Wi-Fi Offload Gateway Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- TR7007 SII Solder Paste Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- OptiCon SPI-Line 3D Solder Paste Printing Measurement; GOEPEL electronic
- Piranha HS NIR 8k camera; Teledyne DALSA
- Landslide Mobile Infrastructure Security Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- MultiFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Light Source; Fluke Networks
- OneTouch AT Network Assistant; Fluke Networks
- TeraVM Virtualized Network Solution; Shenick Network Systems
- Xair LTE Basestation Validation Solution; Ixia
- AFL Noyes M310 OTDR; AFL
- CS260-10 Live PON OTDR; AFL
- FLX380 FlexTester Handheld OTDR; AFL
- AFL-NOYES FOCIS Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System; AFL
- DL Series Electronic DC Loads; Global Test Solutions
- ASD Programmable Precision High-Power DC Power Supply; AMETEK Programmable Power, Inc
- Model 2657A High Power System SourceMeter® instrument; Keithley Instruments, Inc.
- Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; T&M Atlantic
- U2020 X-series USB peak power sensors; Agilent Technologies
- RF Studio signal-processing and analysis tools; Averna
- DOCSIS Channel Emulator; Averna
- Agilent U1810B USB Coaxial Switch, DC - 18 GHz, SPDT; Agilent Technologies
- NI PXIe-5644R RF vector signal transceiver (VST); National Instruments
- 3550 Digital Radio Test System; Aeroflex
- Series 7000 Radio Channel Replicator; Eastern Optx Inc.
- PSM3000, PSM4000 and PSM5000 Series RF and Microwave Power Sensors/Meters; Tektronix
- DS2000 Digital Oscilloscope; Rigol Technologies
- HDO High Definition Oscilloscopes; Teledyne LeCroy
- LabMaster 10 Zi 65 GHz Oscilloscope; Teledyne LeCroy
- Tektronix Visual Trigger; Tektronix
- InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series Oscilloscope; Agilent Technologies
- DLM4000 Mixed Signal Oscilloscope; Yokogawa Corp
- Infiniium 90000 Q-Series Oscilloscopes; Agilent Technologies
- ScanWorks® FPGA-Controlled Test (FCT) Memory Test Instruments; ASSET Intertech
- T2000 LJC16 6-channel, low-jitter-clock module; Advantest
- Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware Testing; Mentor Graphics
- M9703A AXIe High-Speed Digitizer, 8-channel, 12-bit, up to 3.2 GS/s (DDC capability); Agilent Technologies
- VectorStar ME7838A (frequency extended to 750GHz); Anritsu Company
- DSA815-TG spectrum analyzer; Rigol Technologies
- CS1104 Scout Broadband Signal Analyzer; Aeroflex
- Tektronix OM4000 Coherent Lightwave Signal Analyzer; Tektronix
Signal Integrity/High-speed test
- MP1800A 32G Multi-channel Solution; Anritsu Company
- BERTScope Bit Error Rate Tester; Tektronix
- Introspective ESP software-defined, real-time BER / signal-integrity analyzer instrument-on-chip; DFT Microsystems
- M9381A PXIe Vector Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- 33500B Series Waveform Generators with Trueform Technology; Agilent Technologies
- MG3710A Vector Signal Generator; Anritsu Company
- MXG X-Series Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- GX1649 - 64 Channel PXI Arbitrary Waveform Generator and D to A; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- ZT8751 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator; ZTEC Instruments
- AFG2000 Series Arbitrary/Function Generator; Tektronix
- TestShell 4.8 for lab management; QualiSystems
- Certus 2.0 ASIC Prototyping Debug Solution; Tektronix
- TOSCA Testsuite 7.5; TRICENTIS
- Tessent IJTAG; Mentor Graphics
- SDAIII CompleteLinQ multi-lane serial data analysis software; Teledyne LeCroy Black Belt 5.0 .Automated Test Data Collection; IntraStage
The Test of Time finalists include:
- PZ4000 Power Analyzer (1999); Yokogawa Corporation
- WaveSurfer Xs Scope (2006); Teledyne LeCroy Corp.
- ATEasy (1991) Test Executive and Test Development Softwarer Suite; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems
- TestStation (1999) ATE Low Voltage Tester; Teradyne, Inc.
- Aardvark (2003) I2C/SPI Host Adapter; Total Phase
- T12 Digital Torque Transducer (2005); HBM Test and Measurement
- DesignWare STAR Memory System (2001); Synopsys
- SoMat eDAQlite (2004) Mobile data acquisition system; HBM Test and Measurement
- MT9510 Pick and Place Test Handler (1997); Multitest
- TOSCA Test Suite 1.0 (2006); Tricentis
The Test Engineer of the Year finalists include:
- Daniel Chow, PhD, Altera
- Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Peter Spitzer, TRICENTIS
- Kevin Henderson, Qualcomm Atheros
- David Finnie, CACI
To vote on the award finalists, visit: http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: [email protected]
For more information on the Best in Test Awards, please contact:
Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World
M: 973.864.7238, E: [email protected]
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 880
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,663
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 995
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 738
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,183
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 793
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,865
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,882
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,305
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,790
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,022
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,074
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 905
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,066
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,473
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,823
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,063