|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 02:33 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World today announced the finalists of the Best in Test Awards competition, selected by the editors of Test & Measurement World. The awards recognize the best in test products and test professionals.
The program comprises three main categories – the Best in Test Product Awards, the Test of Time Awards, and Test Engineer of the Year Award. Test & Measurement World readers are asked to vote online for the award winners at http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway through December 31, 2012. Winners will be announced during the Best in Test 2013 Awards ceremony on January 31, 2013 during a ceremony held in the Chiphead Theater in conjunction with DesignCon 2013, which takes place January 28-31, 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
"Since 1991 we have had the annual tradition of selecting the Best in Test Award winners," said Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World, UBM Tech. "We received an outstanding group of new innovative products and services this year. We look forward to hearing what our readers think of these selections and which products they believe will define our industry for years to come."
The Best in Test Product Awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible. The annual Test of Time Award is presented to a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art service more than five years after its introduction. The Test Engineer of the Year Award pays tribute to the important contributions test engineers make to the quality of electronics components, products and systems. The award winner receives a $10,000 educational grant, courtesy of sponsor National Instruments, which is presented to an engineering school designated by the winner.
The Best in Test finalists include:
- Diamondx Test Platform; LTX-Credence
- Advantest T2000 Integrated Massive Parallel Test Solution (IMS); Advantest Corporation
- TR7680 3D Automated X-Ray Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Multi-Function Application Board for in-circuit testers; Teradyne
- 7700 Integrated Microwave Test System; Aeroflex
- WLAN Boundary Scan Controller SFX/WSL1149-(x); GOEPEL electronic
- R&S ESR EMI test receiver; Rohde & Schwarz
- R&S VTC Video test center; Rohde & Schwarz
- Fluke Networks TS'54 TDR VDV telephone test set; Fluke Networks
- PXIe-9848: 8-CH 14-bit 100 MS/s High-Speed PXI Express Digitizer; ADLINK Technology
- QuantumX MX1615 Strain Gauge Bridge Amplifier; HBM Test & Measurement
- Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System; National Instruments
- DT8824-HV Ethernet Data Acquisition Module; Data Translation, Inc.
- GX2065 - 6.5 Digit, Performance DMM & 3MS/s Digitizer; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- U1177A Infrared-to-Bluetooth® adapter for multimeters; Agilent Technologies
- Spirent Hybrid Location Technology Solution (HLTS); Spirent Communications
- RP-5300 Multi-Channel RF Recorder; Averna
- ZT8201 6 GHz VSA and VSG One-Box Solution; ZTEC Instruments
- ACE MX2 MIMO channel emulator; Azimuth Systems
- EB Propsim F32 radio channel emulator; Elektrobit (EB)
- Spirent Landslide Wi-Fi Offload Gateway Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- TR7007 SII Solder Paste Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- OptiCon SPI-Line 3D Solder Paste Printing Measurement; GOEPEL electronic
- Piranha HS NIR 8k camera; Teledyne DALSA
- Landslide Mobile Infrastructure Security Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- MultiFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Light Source; Fluke Networks
- OneTouch AT Network Assistant; Fluke Networks
- TeraVM Virtualized Network Solution; Shenick Network Systems
- Xair LTE Basestation Validation Solution; Ixia
- AFL Noyes M310 OTDR; AFL
- CS260-10 Live PON OTDR; AFL
- FLX380 FlexTester Handheld OTDR; AFL
- AFL-NOYES FOCIS Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System; AFL
- DL Series Electronic DC Loads; Global Test Solutions
- ASD Programmable Precision High-Power DC Power Supply; AMETEK Programmable Power, Inc
- Model 2657A High Power System SourceMeter® instrument; Keithley Instruments, Inc.
- Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; T&M Atlantic
- U2020 X-series USB peak power sensors; Agilent Technologies
- RF Studio signal-processing and analysis tools; Averna
- DOCSIS Channel Emulator; Averna
- Agilent U1810B USB Coaxial Switch, DC - 18 GHz, SPDT; Agilent Technologies
- NI PXIe-5644R RF vector signal transceiver (VST); National Instruments
- 3550 Digital Radio Test System; Aeroflex
- Series 7000 Radio Channel Replicator; Eastern Optx Inc.
- PSM3000, PSM4000 and PSM5000 Series RF and Microwave Power Sensors/Meters; Tektronix
- DS2000 Digital Oscilloscope; Rigol Technologies
- HDO High Definition Oscilloscopes; Teledyne LeCroy
- LabMaster 10 Zi 65 GHz Oscilloscope; Teledyne LeCroy
- Tektronix Visual Trigger; Tektronix
- InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series Oscilloscope; Agilent Technologies
- DLM4000 Mixed Signal Oscilloscope; Yokogawa Corp
- Infiniium 90000 Q-Series Oscilloscopes; Agilent Technologies
- ScanWorks® FPGA-Controlled Test (FCT) Memory Test Instruments; ASSET Intertech
- T2000 LJC16 6-channel, low-jitter-clock module; Advantest
- Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware Testing; Mentor Graphics
- M9703A AXIe High-Speed Digitizer, 8-channel, 12-bit, up to 3.2 GS/s (DDC capability); Agilent Technologies
- VectorStar ME7838A (frequency extended to 750GHz); Anritsu Company
- DSA815-TG spectrum analyzer; Rigol Technologies
- CS1104 Scout Broadband Signal Analyzer; Aeroflex
- Tektronix OM4000 Coherent Lightwave Signal Analyzer; Tektronix
Signal Integrity/High-speed test
- MP1800A 32G Multi-channel Solution; Anritsu Company
- BERTScope Bit Error Rate Tester; Tektronix
- Introspective ESP software-defined, real-time BER / signal-integrity analyzer instrument-on-chip; DFT Microsystems
- M9381A PXIe Vector Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- 33500B Series Waveform Generators with Trueform Technology; Agilent Technologies
- MG3710A Vector Signal Generator; Anritsu Company
- MXG X-Series Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- GX1649 - 64 Channel PXI Arbitrary Waveform Generator and D to A; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- ZT8751 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator; ZTEC Instruments
- AFG2000 Series Arbitrary/Function Generator; Tektronix
- TestShell 4.8 for lab management; QualiSystems
- Certus 2.0 ASIC Prototyping Debug Solution; Tektronix
- TOSCA Testsuite 7.5; TRICENTIS
- Tessent IJTAG; Mentor Graphics
- SDAIII CompleteLinQ multi-lane serial data analysis software; Teledyne LeCroy Black Belt 5.0 .Automated Test Data Collection; IntraStage
The Test of Time finalists include:
- PZ4000 Power Analyzer (1999); Yokogawa Corporation
- WaveSurfer Xs Scope (2006); Teledyne LeCroy Corp.
- ATEasy (1991) Test Executive and Test Development Softwarer Suite; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems
- TestStation (1999) ATE Low Voltage Tester; Teradyne, Inc.
- Aardvark (2003) I2C/SPI Host Adapter; Total Phase
- T12 Digital Torque Transducer (2005); HBM Test and Measurement
- DesignWare STAR Memory System (2001); Synopsys
- SoMat eDAQlite (2004) Mobile data acquisition system; HBM Test and Measurement
- MT9510 Pick and Place Test Handler (1997); Multitest
- TOSCA Test Suite 1.0 (2006); Tricentis
The Test Engineer of the Year finalists include:
- Daniel Chow, PhD, Altera
- Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Peter Spitzer, TRICENTIS
- Kevin Henderson, Qualcomm Atheros
- David Finnie, CACI
To vote on the award finalists, visit: http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: [email protected]
For more information on the Best in Test Awards, please contact:
Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World
M: 973.864.7238, E: [email protected]
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 396
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 786
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 582
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 758
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,263
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,155
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 548
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 325
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,286
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,029
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,150
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,771
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,377
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,479
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,900
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,872
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,324
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,254
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 996
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 897