|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 02:33 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World today announced the finalists of the Best in Test Awards competition, selected by the editors of Test & Measurement World. The awards recognize the best in test products and test professionals.
The program comprises three main categories – the Best in Test Product Awards, the Test of Time Awards, and Test Engineer of the Year Award. Test & Measurement World readers are asked to vote online for the award winners at http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway through December 31, 2012. Winners will be announced during the Best in Test 2013 Awards ceremony on January 31, 2013 during a ceremony held in the Chiphead Theater in conjunction with DesignCon 2013, which takes place January 28-31, 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
"Since 1991 we have had the annual tradition of selecting the Best in Test Award winners," said Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World, UBM Tech. "We received an outstanding group of new innovative products and services this year. We look forward to hearing what our readers think of these selections and which products they believe will define our industry for years to come."
The Best in Test Product Awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible. The annual Test of Time Award is presented to a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art service more than five years after its introduction. The Test Engineer of the Year Award pays tribute to the important contributions test engineers make to the quality of electronics components, products and systems. The award winner receives a $10,000 educational grant, courtesy of sponsor National Instruments, which is presented to an engineering school designated by the winner.
The Best in Test finalists include:
- Diamondx Test Platform; LTX-Credence
- Advantest T2000 Integrated Massive Parallel Test Solution (IMS); Advantest Corporation
- TR7680 3D Automated X-Ray Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Multi-Function Application Board for in-circuit testers; Teradyne
- 7700 Integrated Microwave Test System; Aeroflex
- WLAN Boundary Scan Controller SFX/WSL1149-(x); GOEPEL electronic
- R&S ESR EMI test receiver; Rohde & Schwarz
- R&S VTC Video test center; Rohde & Schwarz
- Fluke Networks TS'54 TDR VDV telephone test set; Fluke Networks
- PXIe-9848: 8-CH 14-bit 100 MS/s High-Speed PXI Express Digitizer; ADLINK Technology
- QuantumX MX1615 Strain Gauge Bridge Amplifier; HBM Test & Measurement
- Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System; National Instruments
- DT8824-HV Ethernet Data Acquisition Module; Data Translation, Inc.
- GX2065 - 6.5 Digit, Performance DMM & 3MS/s Digitizer; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- U1177A Infrared-to-Bluetooth® adapter for multimeters; Agilent Technologies
- Spirent Hybrid Location Technology Solution (HLTS); Spirent Communications
- RP-5300 Multi-Channel RF Recorder; Averna
- ZT8201 6 GHz VSA and VSG One-Box Solution; ZTEC Instruments
- ACE MX2 MIMO channel emulator; Azimuth Systems
- EB Propsim F32 radio channel emulator; Elektrobit (EB)
- Spirent Landslide Wi-Fi Offload Gateway Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- TR7007 SII Solder Paste Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- OptiCon SPI-Line 3D Solder Paste Printing Measurement; GOEPEL electronic
- Piranha HS NIR 8k camera; Teledyne DALSA
- Landslide Mobile Infrastructure Security Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- MultiFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Light Source; Fluke Networks
- OneTouch AT Network Assistant; Fluke Networks
- TeraVM Virtualized Network Solution; Shenick Network Systems
- Xair LTE Basestation Validation Solution; Ixia
- AFL Noyes M310 OTDR; AFL
- CS260-10 Live PON OTDR; AFL
- FLX380 FlexTester Handheld OTDR; AFL
- AFL-NOYES FOCIS Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System; AFL
- DL Series Electronic DC Loads; Global Test Solutions
- ASD Programmable Precision High-Power DC Power Supply; AMETEK Programmable Power, Inc
- Model 2657A High Power System SourceMeter® instrument; Keithley Instruments, Inc.
- Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; T&M Atlantic
- U2020 X-series USB peak power sensors; Agilent Technologies
- RF Studio signal-processing and analysis tools; Averna
- DOCSIS Channel Emulator; Averna
- Agilent U1810B USB Coaxial Switch, DC - 18 GHz, SPDT; Agilent Technologies
- NI PXIe-5644R RF vector signal transceiver (VST); National Instruments
- 3550 Digital Radio Test System; Aeroflex
- Series 7000 Radio Channel Replicator; Eastern Optx Inc.
- PSM3000, PSM4000 and PSM5000 Series RF and Microwave Power Sensors/Meters; Tektronix
- DS2000 Digital Oscilloscope; Rigol Technologies
- HDO High Definition Oscilloscopes; Teledyne LeCroy
- LabMaster 10 Zi 65 GHz Oscilloscope; Teledyne LeCroy
- Tektronix Visual Trigger; Tektronix
- InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series Oscilloscope; Agilent Technologies
- DLM4000 Mixed Signal Oscilloscope; Yokogawa Corp
- Infiniium 90000 Q-Series Oscilloscopes; Agilent Technologies
- ScanWorks® FPGA-Controlled Test (FCT) Memory Test Instruments; ASSET Intertech
- T2000 LJC16 6-channel, low-jitter-clock module; Advantest
- Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware Testing; Mentor Graphics
- M9703A AXIe High-Speed Digitizer, 8-channel, 12-bit, up to 3.2 GS/s (DDC capability); Agilent Technologies
- VectorStar ME7838A (frequency extended to 750GHz); Anritsu Company
- DSA815-TG spectrum analyzer; Rigol Technologies
- CS1104 Scout Broadband Signal Analyzer; Aeroflex
- Tektronix OM4000 Coherent Lightwave Signal Analyzer; Tektronix
Signal Integrity/High-speed test
- MP1800A 32G Multi-channel Solution; Anritsu Company
- BERTScope Bit Error Rate Tester; Tektronix
- Introspective ESP software-defined, real-time BER / signal-integrity analyzer instrument-on-chip; DFT Microsystems
- M9381A PXIe Vector Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- 33500B Series Waveform Generators with Trueform Technology; Agilent Technologies
- MG3710A Vector Signal Generator; Anritsu Company
- MXG X-Series Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- GX1649 - 64 Channel PXI Arbitrary Waveform Generator and D to A; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- ZT8751 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator; ZTEC Instruments
- AFG2000 Series Arbitrary/Function Generator; Tektronix
- TestShell 4.8 for lab management; QualiSystems
- Certus 2.0 ASIC Prototyping Debug Solution; Tektronix
- TOSCA Testsuite 7.5; TRICENTIS
- Tessent IJTAG; Mentor Graphics
- SDAIII CompleteLinQ multi-lane serial data analysis software; Teledyne LeCroy Black Belt 5.0 .Automated Test Data Collection; IntraStage
The Test of Time finalists include:
- PZ4000 Power Analyzer (1999); Yokogawa Corporation
- WaveSurfer Xs Scope (2006); Teledyne LeCroy Corp.
- ATEasy (1991) Test Executive and Test Development Softwarer Suite; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems
- TestStation (1999) ATE Low Voltage Tester; Teradyne, Inc.
- Aardvark (2003) I2C/SPI Host Adapter; Total Phase
- T12 Digital Torque Transducer (2005); HBM Test and Measurement
- DesignWare STAR Memory System (2001); Synopsys
- SoMat eDAQlite (2004) Mobile data acquisition system; HBM Test and Measurement
- MT9510 Pick and Place Test Handler (1997); Multitest
- TOSCA Test Suite 1.0 (2006); Tricentis
The Test Engineer of the Year finalists include:
- Daniel Chow, PhD, Altera
- Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Peter Spitzer, TRICENTIS
- Kevin Henderson, Qualcomm Atheros
- David Finnie, CACI
To vote on the award finalists, visit: http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: [email protected]
For more information on the Best in Test Awards, please contact:
Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World
M: 973.864.7238, E: [email protected]
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, will provide some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacenter.
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,721
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and easy to use. MangoApps has been named a "Market Leader" by Ovum Research and a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner...
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,668
SYS-CON Media announced today that @ThingsExpo Blog launched with 7,788 original stories. @ThingsExpo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @ThingsExpo Blog can be bookmarked. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,648
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,169
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,143
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,955
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting wearables as fashion accessories and moving away from the original clunky technology associated with t...
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,162
SYS-CON Events announced today that Litmus Automation will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Litmus Automation’s vision is to provide a solution for companies that are in a rush to embrace the disruptive Internet of Things technology and leverage it for real business challenges. Litmus Automation simplifies the complexity of connected devices applications with Loop, a secure and scalable cloud platform.
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,861
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy at GENBAND, will explore what is needed to take a real time communications ...
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,839
In 2015, 4.9 billion connected "things" will be in use. By 2020, Gartner forecasts this amount to be 25 billion, a 410 percent increase in just five years. How will businesses handle this rapid growth of data? Hadoop will continue to improve its technology to meet business demands, by enabling businesses to access/analyze data in real time, when and where they need it. Cloudera's Chief Technologist, Eli Collins, will discuss how Big Data is keeping up with today's data demands and how in the future, data and analytics will be pervasive, embedded into every workflow, application and infra...
Apr. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,524
So I guess we’ve officially entered a new era of lean and mean. I say this with the announcement of Ubuntu Snappy Core, “designed for lightweight cloud container hosts running Docker and for smart devices,” according to Canonical. “Snappy Ubuntu Core is the smallest Ubuntu available, designed for security and efficiency in devices or on the cloud.” This first version of Snappy Ubuntu Core features secure app containment and Docker 1.6 (1.5 in main release), is available on public clouds, and for ARM and x86 devices on several IoT boards. It’s a Trend! This announcement comes just as...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,564
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,274
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? Join this panel of experts as they peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you’ll have no problem filling in your buzzword bingo cards.
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,283
SYS-CON Events announced today that CodeFutures, a leading supplier of database performance tools, has been named a “Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. CodeFutures is an independent software vendor focused on providing tools that deliver database performance tools that increase productivity during database development and increase database performance and scalability during production.
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,350
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,099
The only place to be June 9-11 is Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo 2015 East at the Javits Center in New York City. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether public, private, or in a hybrid form, clo...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,280
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, will discuss how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust I...
Apr. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,041
SYS-CON Events announced today that Creative Business Solutions will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Creative Business Solutions is the top stocking authorized HP Renew Distributor in the U.S. Based out of Long Island, NY, Creative Business Solutions offers a one-stop shop for a diverse range of products including Proliant, Blade and Industry Standard Servers, Networking, Server Options and Care Packs. As a trusted supplier, CBS guarantees quality controlled stock levels thanks to an Auto...
Apr. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,392
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,477
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT.
Apr. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,332