|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 02:33 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World today announced the finalists of the Best in Test Awards competition, selected by the editors of Test & Measurement World. The awards recognize the best in test products and test professionals.
The program comprises three main categories – the Best in Test Product Awards, the Test of Time Awards, and Test Engineer of the Year Award. Test & Measurement World readers are asked to vote online for the award winners at http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway through December 31, 2012. Winners will be announced during the Best in Test 2013 Awards ceremony on January 31, 2013 during a ceremony held in the Chiphead Theater in conjunction with DesignCon 2013, which takes place January 28-31, 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
"Since 1991 we have had the annual tradition of selecting the Best in Test Award winners," said Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World, UBM Tech. "We received an outstanding group of new innovative products and services this year. We look forward to hearing what our readers think of these selections and which products they believe will define our industry for years to come."
The Best in Test Product Awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible. The annual Test of Time Award is presented to a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art service more than five years after its introduction. The Test Engineer of the Year Award pays tribute to the important contributions test engineers make to the quality of electronics components, products and systems. The award winner receives a $10,000 educational grant, courtesy of sponsor National Instruments, which is presented to an engineering school designated by the winner.
The Best in Test finalists include:
- Diamondx Test Platform; LTX-Credence
- Advantest T2000 Integrated Massive Parallel Test Solution (IMS); Advantest Corporation
- TR7680 3D Automated X-Ray Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Multi-Function Application Board for in-circuit testers; Teradyne
- 7700 Integrated Microwave Test System; Aeroflex
- WLAN Boundary Scan Controller SFX/WSL1149-(x); GOEPEL electronic
- R&S ESR EMI test receiver; Rohde & Schwarz
- R&S VTC Video test center; Rohde & Schwarz
- Fluke Networks TS'54 TDR VDV telephone test set; Fluke Networks
- PXIe-9848: 8-CH 14-bit 100 MS/s High-Speed PXI Express Digitizer; ADLINK Technology
- QuantumX MX1615 Strain Gauge Bridge Amplifier; HBM Test & Measurement
- Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System; National Instruments
- DT8824-HV Ethernet Data Acquisition Module; Data Translation, Inc.
- GX2065 - 6.5 Digit, Performance DMM & 3MS/s Digitizer; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- U1177A Infrared-to-Bluetooth® adapter for multimeters; Agilent Technologies
- Spirent Hybrid Location Technology Solution (HLTS); Spirent Communications
- RP-5300 Multi-Channel RF Recorder; Averna
- ZT8201 6 GHz VSA and VSG One-Box Solution; ZTEC Instruments
- ACE MX2 MIMO channel emulator; Azimuth Systems
- EB Propsim F32 radio channel emulator; Elektrobit (EB)
- Spirent Landslide Wi-Fi Offload Gateway Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- TR7007 SII Solder Paste Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- OptiCon SPI-Line 3D Solder Paste Printing Measurement; GOEPEL electronic
- Piranha HS NIR 8k camera; Teledyne DALSA
- Landslide Mobile Infrastructure Security Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- MultiFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Light Source; Fluke Networks
- OneTouch AT Network Assistant; Fluke Networks
- TeraVM Virtualized Network Solution; Shenick Network Systems
- Xair LTE Basestation Validation Solution; Ixia
- AFL Noyes M310 OTDR; AFL
- CS260-10 Live PON OTDR; AFL
- FLX380 FlexTester Handheld OTDR; AFL
- AFL-NOYES FOCIS Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System; AFL
- DL Series Electronic DC Loads; Global Test Solutions
- ASD Programmable Precision High-Power DC Power Supply; AMETEK Programmable Power, Inc
- Model 2657A High Power System SourceMeter® instrument; Keithley Instruments, Inc.
- Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; T&M Atlantic
- U2020 X-series USB peak power sensors; Agilent Technologies
- RF Studio signal-processing and analysis tools; Averna
- DOCSIS Channel Emulator; Averna
- Agilent U1810B USB Coaxial Switch, DC - 18 GHz, SPDT; Agilent Technologies
- NI PXIe-5644R RF vector signal transceiver (VST); National Instruments
- 3550 Digital Radio Test System; Aeroflex
- Series 7000 Radio Channel Replicator; Eastern Optx Inc.
- PSM3000, PSM4000 and PSM5000 Series RF and Microwave Power Sensors/Meters; Tektronix
- DS2000 Digital Oscilloscope; Rigol Technologies
- HDO High Definition Oscilloscopes; Teledyne LeCroy
- LabMaster 10 Zi 65 GHz Oscilloscope; Teledyne LeCroy
- Tektronix Visual Trigger; Tektronix
- InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series Oscilloscope; Agilent Technologies
- DLM4000 Mixed Signal Oscilloscope; Yokogawa Corp
- Infiniium 90000 Q-Series Oscilloscopes; Agilent Technologies
- ScanWorks® FPGA-Controlled Test (FCT) Memory Test Instruments; ASSET Intertech
- T2000 LJC16 6-channel, low-jitter-clock module; Advantest
- Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware Testing; Mentor Graphics
- M9703A AXIe High-Speed Digitizer, 8-channel, 12-bit, up to 3.2 GS/s (DDC capability); Agilent Technologies
- VectorStar ME7838A (frequency extended to 750GHz); Anritsu Company
- DSA815-TG spectrum analyzer; Rigol Technologies
- CS1104 Scout Broadband Signal Analyzer; Aeroflex
- Tektronix OM4000 Coherent Lightwave Signal Analyzer; Tektronix
Signal Integrity/High-speed test
- MP1800A 32G Multi-channel Solution; Anritsu Company
- BERTScope Bit Error Rate Tester; Tektronix
- Introspective ESP software-defined, real-time BER / signal-integrity analyzer instrument-on-chip; DFT Microsystems
- M9381A PXIe Vector Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- 33500B Series Waveform Generators with Trueform Technology; Agilent Technologies
- MG3710A Vector Signal Generator; Anritsu Company
- MXG X-Series Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- GX1649 - 64 Channel PXI Arbitrary Waveform Generator and D to A; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- ZT8751 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator; ZTEC Instruments
- AFG2000 Series Arbitrary/Function Generator; Tektronix
- TestShell 4.8 for lab management; QualiSystems
- Certus 2.0 ASIC Prototyping Debug Solution; Tektronix
- TOSCA Testsuite 7.5; TRICENTIS
- Tessent IJTAG; Mentor Graphics
- SDAIII CompleteLinQ multi-lane serial data analysis software; Teledyne LeCroy Black Belt 5.0 .Automated Test Data Collection; IntraStage
The Test of Time finalists include:
- PZ4000 Power Analyzer (1999); Yokogawa Corporation
- WaveSurfer Xs Scope (2006); Teledyne LeCroy Corp.
- ATEasy (1991) Test Executive and Test Development Softwarer Suite; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems
- TestStation (1999) ATE Low Voltage Tester; Teradyne, Inc.
- Aardvark (2003) I2C/SPI Host Adapter; Total Phase
- T12 Digital Torque Transducer (2005); HBM Test and Measurement
- DesignWare STAR Memory System (2001); Synopsys
- SoMat eDAQlite (2004) Mobile data acquisition system; HBM Test and Measurement
- MT9510 Pick and Place Test Handler (1997); Multitest
- TOSCA Test Suite 1.0 (2006); Tricentis
The Test Engineer of the Year finalists include:
- Daniel Chow, PhD, Altera
- Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Peter Spitzer, TRICENTIS
- Kevin Henderson, Qualcomm Atheros
- David Finnie, CACI
To vote on the award finalists, visit: http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: [email protected]
For more information on the Best in Test Awards, please contact:
Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World
M: 973.864.7238, E: [email protected]
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,369
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,184
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,250
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,411
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,275
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,392
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 415
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,326
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 643
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,348
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 4, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,440
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 929
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 636
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 4, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 568
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,256
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 4, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,532
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 4, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,208
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,286
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,628