|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 02:33 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's Test & Measurement World today announced the finalists of the Best in Test Awards competition, selected by the editors of Test & Measurement World. The awards recognize the best in test products and test professionals.
The program comprises three main categories – the Best in Test Product Awards, the Test of Time Awards, and Test Engineer of the Year Award. Test & Measurement World readers are asked to vote online for the award winners at http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway through December 31, 2012. Winners will be announced during the Best in Test 2013 Awards ceremony on January 31, 2013 during a ceremony held in the Chiphead Theater in conjunction with DesignCon 2013, which takes place January 28-31, 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
"Since 1991 we have had the annual tradition of selecting the Best in Test Award winners," said Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World, UBM Tech. "We received an outstanding group of new innovative products and services this year. We look forward to hearing what our readers think of these selections and which products they believe will define our industry for years to come."
The Best in Test Product Awards honor important and innovative new products and services in the electronics test and measurement industry. Products from all areas of electronics testing and inspection are eligible. The annual Test of Time Award is presented to a product that continues to provide state-of-the-art service more than five years after its introduction. The Test Engineer of the Year Award pays tribute to the important contributions test engineers make to the quality of electronics components, products and systems. The award winner receives a $10,000 educational grant, courtesy of sponsor National Instruments, which is presented to an engineering school designated by the winner.
The Best in Test finalists include:
- Diamondx Test Platform; LTX-Credence
- Advantest T2000 Integrated Massive Parallel Test Solution (IMS); Advantest Corporation
- TR7680 3D Automated X-Ray Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- Multi-Function Application Board for in-circuit testers; Teradyne
- 7700 Integrated Microwave Test System; Aeroflex
- WLAN Boundary Scan Controller SFX/WSL1149-(x); GOEPEL electronic
- R&S ESR EMI test receiver; Rohde & Schwarz
- R&S VTC Video test center; Rohde & Schwarz
- Fluke Networks TS'54 TDR VDV telephone test set; Fluke Networks
- PXIe-9848: 8-CH 14-bit 100 MS/s High-Speed PXI Express Digitizer; ADLINK Technology
- QuantumX MX1615 Strain Gauge Bridge Amplifier; HBM Test & Measurement
- Stand-Alone NI CompactDAQ System; National Instruments
- DT8824-HV Ethernet Data Acquisition Module; Data Translation, Inc.
- GX2065 - 6.5 Digit, Performance DMM & 3MS/s Digitizer; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- U1177A Infrared-to-Bluetooth® adapter for multimeters; Agilent Technologies
- Spirent Hybrid Location Technology Solution (HLTS); Spirent Communications
- RP-5300 Multi-Channel RF Recorder; Averna
- ZT8201 6 GHz VSA and VSG One-Box Solution; ZTEC Instruments
- ACE MX2 MIMO channel emulator; Azimuth Systems
- EB Propsim F32 radio channel emulator; Elektrobit (EB)
- Spirent Landslide Wi-Fi Offload Gateway Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- TR7007 SII Solder Paste Inspection; Test Research, Inc.
- OptiCon SPI-Line 3D Solder Paste Printing Measurement; GOEPEL electronic
- Piranha HS NIR 8k camera; Teledyne DALSA
- Landslide Mobile Infrastructure Security Test Solution; Spirent Communications
- MultiFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Light Source; Fluke Networks
- OneTouch AT Network Assistant; Fluke Networks
- TeraVM Virtualized Network Solution; Shenick Network Systems
- Xair LTE Basestation Validation Solution; Ixia
- AFL Noyes M310 OTDR; AFL
- CS260-10 Live PON OTDR; AFL
- FLX380 FlexTester Handheld OTDR; AFL
- AFL-NOYES FOCIS Fiber Optic Connector Inspection System; AFL
- DL Series Electronic DC Loads; Global Test Solutions
- ASD Programmable Precision High-Power DC Power Supply; AMETEK Programmable Power, Inc
- Model 2657A High Power System SourceMeter® instrument; Keithley Instruments, Inc.
- Aktakom APS -73xxL Series of Programmable Power Supplies; T&M Atlantic
- U2020 X-series USB peak power sensors; Agilent Technologies
- RF Studio signal-processing and analysis tools; Averna
- DOCSIS Channel Emulator; Averna
- Agilent U1810B USB Coaxial Switch, DC - 18 GHz, SPDT; Agilent Technologies
- NI PXIe-5644R RF vector signal transceiver (VST); National Instruments
- 3550 Digital Radio Test System; Aeroflex
- Series 7000 Radio Channel Replicator; Eastern Optx Inc.
- PSM3000, PSM4000 and PSM5000 Series RF and Microwave Power Sensors/Meters; Tektronix
- DS2000 Digital Oscilloscope; Rigol Technologies
- HDO High Definition Oscilloscopes; Teledyne LeCroy
- LabMaster 10 Zi 65 GHz Oscilloscope; Teledyne LeCroy
- Tektronix Visual Trigger; Tektronix
- InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series Oscilloscope; Agilent Technologies
- DLM4000 Mixed Signal Oscilloscope; Yokogawa Corp
- Infiniium 90000 Q-Series Oscilloscopes; Agilent Technologies
- ScanWorks® FPGA-Controlled Test (FCT) Memory Test Instruments; ASSET Intertech
- T2000 LJC16 6-channel, low-jitter-clock module; Advantest
- Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware Testing; Mentor Graphics
- M9703A AXIe High-Speed Digitizer, 8-channel, 12-bit, up to 3.2 GS/s (DDC capability); Agilent Technologies
- VectorStar ME7838A (frequency extended to 750GHz); Anritsu Company
- DSA815-TG spectrum analyzer; Rigol Technologies
- CS1104 Scout Broadband Signal Analyzer; Aeroflex
- Tektronix OM4000 Coherent Lightwave Signal Analyzer; Tektronix
Signal Integrity/High-speed test
- MP1800A 32G Multi-channel Solution; Anritsu Company
- BERTScope Bit Error Rate Tester; Tektronix
- Introspective ESP software-defined, real-time BER / signal-integrity analyzer instrument-on-chip; DFT Microsystems
- M9381A PXIe Vector Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- 33500B Series Waveform Generators with Trueform Technology; Agilent Technologies
- MG3710A Vector Signal Generator; Anritsu Company
- MXG X-Series Signal Generator; Agilent Technologies
- GX1649 - 64 Channel PXI Arbitrary Waveform Generator and D to A; Geotest-Marvin Test Systems
- ZT8751 6 GHz Vector Signal Generator; ZTEC Instruments
- AFG2000 Series Arbitrary/Function Generator; Tektronix
- TestShell 4.8 for lab management; QualiSystems
- Certus 2.0 ASIC Prototyping Debug Solution; Tektronix
- TOSCA Testsuite 7.5; TRICENTIS
- Tessent IJTAG; Mentor Graphics
- SDAIII CompleteLinQ multi-lane serial data analysis software; Teledyne LeCroy Black Belt 5.0 .Automated Test Data Collection; IntraStage
The Test of Time finalists include:
- PZ4000 Power Analyzer (1999); Yokogawa Corporation
- WaveSurfer Xs Scope (2006); Teledyne LeCroy Corp.
- ATEasy (1991) Test Executive and Test Development Softwarer Suite; Geotest - Marvin Test Systems
- TestStation (1999) ATE Low Voltage Tester; Teradyne, Inc.
- Aardvark (2003) I2C/SPI Host Adapter; Total Phase
- T12 Digital Torque Transducer (2005); HBM Test and Measurement
- DesignWare STAR Memory System (2001); Synopsys
- SoMat eDAQlite (2004) Mobile data acquisition system; HBM Test and Measurement
- MT9510 Pick and Place Test Handler (1997); Multitest
- TOSCA Test Suite 1.0 (2006); Tricentis
The Test Engineer of the Year finalists include:
- Daniel Chow, PhD, Altera
- Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Peter Spitzer, TRICENTIS
- Kevin Henderson, Qualcomm Atheros
- David Finnie, CACI
To vote on the award finalists, visit: http://tmworld.com/electronics-blogs/other/4402438/Best-in-Test-voting-is-underway
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: [email protected]
For more information on the Best in Test Awards, please contact:
Janine Love, Editor in Chief, Test & Measurement World
M: 973.864.7238, E: [email protected]
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,993
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,541
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 552
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,156
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,948
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,584
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,339
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,880
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,180
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,147
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,962
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,172
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,626
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,817
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,537
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,077
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,580