|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
BOSTON, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Power Corporation (Atlantic Power) and Atlantic Power Preferred Equity Ltd. (TSX: AZP.PR.A and AZP.PR.B) (the Corporation), a subsidiary of Atlantic Power, announced that the Corporation has declared quarterly dividends of Cdn$0.303125 per share on its Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares, Series 1 (the Series 1 Shares) and Cdn$0.437500 on its Cumulative Rate Reset Preferred Shares, Series 2 (the Series 2 Shares).
The dividends on the Series 1 Shares and the Series 2 Shares are to be paid on December 31, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 17, 2012.
Tax Information for Shareholders
The Corporation designates the dividend on each of the Series 1 Shares and the Series 2 Shares to be an "eligible dividend" pursuant to subsection 89(14) of the Income Tax Act (Canada) and its equivalent in any of the provinces and territories of Canada.
U.S. individual or other non-corporate taxpayers should be eligible for the reduced rate of tax currently applicable to "qualified dividends" provided that the investor meets the holding period and any other requirements.
Taxpayers should always seek their own independent qualified professionals regarding the tax consequences of purchasing or owning preferred shares of the Corporation.
About Atlantic Power Preferred Equity Ltd.
The Corporation is a corporation incorporated under the laws of the Province of Alberta and is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Atlantic Power. The Corporation directly holds Atlantic Power's business and power generation and other assets in British Columbia, operates as a holding company and indirectly holds certain of Atlantic Power's business and power generation and other assets in the United States, including Atlantic Power's Curtis Palmer, Manchief, Frederickson, Naval Station, North Island, Naval Training Center, Oxnard, Greeley, Kenilworth, and Morris power generating facilities.
About Atlantic Power Corporation
Atlantic Power is a leading publicly traded, power generation and infrastructure company with a well-diversified portfolio of assets in the United States and Canada. The Company's power generation projects sell electricity to utilities and other large commercial customers under long-term power purchase agreements, which seek to minimize exposure to changes in commodity prices. The net generating capacity of the Company's projects is approximately 2,117 MW, consisting of interests in 30 operational power generation projects across 11 states and 2 provinces and also an 84-mile, 500 kilovolt electric transmission line located in California. In addition, the Company has an approximately 300 MW wind project under construction in Oklahoma, which is expected to achieve commercial operation later this year and a 53 MW biomass project under construction in Georgia, which is expected to achieve commercial operation in the first quarter of 2013. Atlantic Power also owns a majority interest in Rollcast Energy, a biomass power plant developer in Charlotte, NC. Atlantic Power is incorporated in British Columbia, headquartered in Boston and has offices in Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and San Diego.
The Company's corporate strategy is to increase the value of the Company through accretive acquisitions in North American markets while generating stable, contracted cash flows from its existing assets to sustain its dividend payout to shareholders. The Company's dividend is currently paid monthly at an annual rate of Cdn$1.15 per share.
Atlantic Power has a market capitalization of approximately $1.4 billion and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AT and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ATP. For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.atlanticpower.com or contact:
Atlantic Power Corporation
Amanda Wagemaker, Investor Relations
Copies of financial data and other publicly filed documents are filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com or on EDGAR at www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml under "Atlantic Power Corporation" or on Atlantic Power's website.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements
To the extent any statements made in this news release contain information that is not historical, these statements are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended and forward-looking information as defined under Canadian securities law (collectively, "forward-looking statements").
Certain statements in this news release may constitute "forward-looking statements", which reflect the expectations of management regarding the future growth, results of operations, performance and business prospects and opportunities of the Company and its projects and other matters. These statements, which are based on certain assumptions and describe the Company's future plans, strategies and expectations, can generally be identified by the use of the words "may," "will," "project," "continue," "believe," "intend," "anticipate," "expect" or similar expressions that are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and which do not relate solely to present or historical matters. Examples of such statements in this press release include, but are not limited, to statements with respect to the expectations for the achievement of commercial operation of Atlantic Power's biomass project under construction in Georgia and its wind project under construction in Oklahoma.
Forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties, should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of whether or not or the times at or by which such performance or results will be achieved. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the factors discussed under "Risk Factors" in the Company's periodic reports as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and applicable securities regulatory authorities in Canada from time to time. Although the forward-looking statements contained in this news release are based upon what are believed to be reasonable assumptions, investors cannot be assured that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements, and the differences may be material. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release and, except as expressly required by applicable law, the Company assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances.
SOURCE Atlantic Power Corporation
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#