|By Marketwired .||
|December 5, 2012 11:56 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/12 -- Backup and disaster recovery software developer Paragon Software Group (PSG) announced that Boise State University's TRiO Educational Talent Search and TRiO Upward Bound Programs selected Paragon's Hard Disk Manager (HDM) to save time and resources to deploy and/or reimage desktop systems.
Boise State University's TRiO Educational Talent Search (ETS) and Upward Bound programs provide outreach and assistance to first-generation college bound and low-income students. The programs maintain ten to twelve off-site classrooms with three to five computers each, requiring regular reimaging.
After researching a software options, Corey Simpson, IT coordinator for Boise State University's ETS and Upward Bound program, scheduled a demonstration of Paragon's HDM.
"We needed to decrease the amount of time we were spending on reimaging machines," said Simpson. "One of the features I looked for in a solution was the ability to process multiple restores on the network -- Paragon was the only vendor offering the features I needed as well as disk partition and other disk management tools."
Before purchasing a technician's license, the reimaging process took about three to four hours per machine -- essentially each machine required a new build. With HDM, the process now requires 30 to 40 minutes.
"HDM is a time saver that comes with useful tools for added flexibility," continued Simpson. "It also gives me the ability to backup a hard drive before reimaging, providing peace of mind that if it fails I can restore the drive to its original state."
"Paragon HDM is a great alternative to Symantec Ghost or Backup Exec or Acronis True Image," explains Daniel Eickhoff, director of channel sales at Paragon. "In fact, 75 percent or our new customers are switching to Paragon from Symantec or Acronis. Customers choose Paragon because of our innovative technology, cost-effective licensing and outstanding US-based technical support."
HDM is a complete solution for image-based backup and disaster recovery. An available Virtual Server add-on component enables technicians to back up virtual servers and leverage an existing virtual environment for instant server recovery.
- Bare-metal restore to dissimilar hardware and instant server recovery to VM
- Incremental and differential backups
- Live server migrations (P2P, P2V, V2V, V2P)
- Wizards and easy scheduling for set-and-forget operations
- Scripting engine for advanced or unique backup requirements
- Customizable WinPE and DOS/Linux recovery media
- Advanced partitioning and automatic partition alignment
- Highly secure disk wiping algorithms (DoD certified)
To download a case study or take a test drive of Paragon Software's HDM, visit http://www.paragon-downloads.com.
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco Systems, Dell, HP, Western Digital® Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.
Paragon Software is a trademark of Paragon Software Group. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Paragon Software Group
Phone: (951) 934-3919
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#