|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2012 08:04 AM EST||
Keynote® Systems (Nasdaq: KEYN), the global leader in mobile and web cloud testing and monitoring, announces the latest version of Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere® for QuickTest Professional (QTP), expanding the testing capabilities of HP QTP to include real mobile device testing. DeviceAnywhere for QTP™ is an integrated testing solution for enterprises to efficiently leverage existing toolsets (HP QTP) and experience to reach new markets with automated mobile testing.
The industry currently lacks flexible easy-to-use testing solutions that efficiently leverages existing resources, costing organizations additional time and money. DeviceAnywhere for QTP is a comprehensive and robust product that seamlessly extends HP’s application lifecycle management (ALM) process for testing desktop applications to testing mobile applications and websites on real mobile devices. DeviceAnywhere for QTP allows users to utilize existing QTP skills to build reusable mobile testing assets to create and run manual and automated tests on real devices connected from anywhere in the world.
“As enterprises expand to integrate mobile development, learning new scripting languages for testing puts additional pressure on the limited time, energy and resources for QA engineers,” said Vik Chaudhary, vice president of product management and corporate development at Keynote. “DeviceAnywhere for QTP allows an organization to effortlessly extend their PC-based testing to real mobile devices. Users can immediately begin creating tests for mobile the same way they do in their existing QTP environment, in addition to getting accurate testing from live, mobile devices. DeviceAnywhere for QTP provides an easily integrated automation framework so projects that take manual testers days to accomplish can be achieved in merely a few hours.”
The integration of DeviceAnywhere and HP Unified Functional Testing software makes DeviceAnywhere functions available within the HP QTP interface. This capability enables users to control, interact with, and extract screenshots from mobile devices in the DeviceAnywhere test environment during automated test runs. DeviceAnywhere test results can be tracked and stored within QTP and QC for reference. This allows users familiar with QTP to use DeviceAnywhere functions to leverage automated mobile testing assets previously created in DeviceAnywhere, or to build them from scratch, relieving users from the time and effort of learning a new scripting language.
DeviceAnywhere for QTP Benefits:
- Point and click recording enables easy scripting, so that any QTP user can simply write, record and run scripts on real devices, from within QTP
- Leverage DeviceAnywhere Test Center Enterprise Automation features - including object–level scripting (for HTML5 applications) and advanced text/UI-based checkpoint capabilities
- Easily create and maintain scripts in QTP - Creates QTP objects that are editable in the DeviceAnywhere for QTP add-in
- Real device mobile testing - Access the leading real device testing platform enabling remote access to devices without jail breaking the device or use of device agents
- Rich project management capabilities – Enterprises wishing to manage their mobile testing projects in QC can do so with full control and 100% compatibility to normal QC operations
The latest enhancements of HP QTP come included with the purchase of Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere Test Center Enterprise (TCE) Automation solution. DeviceAnywhere for QTP is currently only available for beta customers with general availability in early 2013. Additional information about “DeviceAnywhere for QTP” is available here.
Keynote will be showcasing its new integration of DeviceAnywhere for QTP at the HP Discover Conference in Frankfurt, Germany from December 4-6, 2012, booth #717.
About Keynote Systems
Keynote® Systems, Inc., (NASDAQ:KEYN) is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. Keynote maintains the world’s largest on-demand performance monitoring and testing infrastructure for Web and mobile sites comprised of over 7,000 measurement computers and mobile devices in over 275 locations around the world that enable companies to continuously improve the online and mobile experience. Known as ‘The Mobile and Internet Performance Authority™,’ Keynote offers three market-leading product platforms:
Keynote Perspective® provides on-demand performance monitoring for enterprise web and mobile sites including online portals, e-commerce sites and B2B sites. Over 2,000 customers rely on Keynote Perspective services to know precisely how their websites, content, and applications perform on actual browsers, networks, and mobile devices.
Keynote DeviceAnywhere® provides the industry's only true cloud-based platform for testing and monitoring the functionality, usability, performance and availability of mobile applications and websites. It's suite of mobile testing solutions is used by over 1,000 mobile developers and enterprises to deliver quality mobile applications and services to the mobile channel.
Keynote SIGOS® offers active end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) testing and monitoring solutions for mobile, fixed and VoIP communications. Its SITE and Global Roamer products are used by over 200 network operators, content providers, carriers and regulators in over 100 countries worldwide.
Keynote's 4,000 customers represent top Internet and mobile companies and include American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, SonyEricsson, T-Mobile and Vodafone. Keynote Systems is headquartered in San Mateo, California and can be reached at http://www.keynote.com/ or by phone in the U.S. at 1-800-KEYNOTE.
Keynote®, DataPulse®, CustomerScope®, Keynote CE Rankings®, Keynote Customer Experience Rankings®, Perspective®, Keynote Red Alert®, Keynote Traffic Perspective®, Keynote WebEffective®, The Internet Performance Authority®, MyKeynote®, SIGOS®, SITE®, DeviceAnywhere®, The Mobile & Internet Performance Authority™, DeviceAnywhere for QTP™ and Keynote FlexUse™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Keynote Systems, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Keynote Systems, Inc.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#