|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 06:30 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, November 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
TSX.V Symbol: "WND"
OTCQX Symbol: "WNDEF"
Issued and Outstanding: 69,449,541
Western Wind Energy Corp. (the "Company") reported today, its unaudited condensed interim consolidated financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012. For complete details of the third quarter Condensed Interim Consolidated Financial Statements and related Management's Discussion and Analysis, please see the Company's filings on SEDAR (http://www.sedar.com) or on EDGAR (http://www.sec.gov). All amounts herein are reported in U.S. dollars unless otherwise specified.
- On July 30, 2012, the Company announced that it would be seeking a buyer for the Company and its assets. On August 10, 2012, the Company announced that it had engaged Rothschild (Canada) Inc. as its lead financial advisor to manage and structure a comprehensive and efficient auction process, with PI Financial Corp. engaged as a co-advisor. On October 24, 2012, the Company announced that the auction process was progressing as planned, with a limited number of bidders having been invited to conduct a second round of very extensive due diligence, as well as the addition of new participants as the proxy battle caused at least 8 weeks of delay in the auction process due to the uncertainty caused by a proxy battle. On November 23, 2012, Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners L.P. ("Brookfield"), announced Brookfield's intention to make an offer to acquire all of the outstanding common shares of the Company for cash consideration of C$2.50 per share (the "Brookfield Offer"). On November 26, 2012, the Company issued an announcement to highlight that some of the initial expressions received from auction participants that are currently conducting due diligence in the second round of the process, would imply a value significantly greater than the Brookfield Offer. There is no guarantee that any of the initial expressions of interest received by the Company will result in a formal offer being made or a binding agreement being entered into at this time.
- The Company's generating facilities produced operating revenues of $8,353,723 (2011 - $747,281) and $27,641,941 (2011 - $2,305,843) for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, respectively.
- For the three months ended September 30, 2012, net earnings improved significantly to $8,524,018, or $0.13 per share, compared to a net loss of ($1,581,610) (negative $0.03 per share) for the same period in 2011. For the nine months, net earnings increased to $10,254,631, or $0.16 per share compared to a net loss of ($3,214,675) (negative $0.06 per share) for the same period in 2011.
- For the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, adjusted earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, and other expenses or income ("Adjusted EBITDA") increased to a loss of $(788,828), or a negative $0.01 per share,compared to loss of $(1,282,278) (negative $0.02 per share), and increased to $12,121,114, or a positive $0.19 per share, compared to a loss of $(2,842,028) (negative $0.04 per share) the 2011 comparative periods.
- On July 16, 2012, the Company received $78,334,713 in tax free cash grant under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 1603 in connection with its 120MW Windstar project. $68,933,897 was used to repay Windstar bridge financing, $5,248,127 was used to increase the debt service reserve account and $4,710,468 was set aside in restricted cash for the ongoing arbitration between the Company and its deferred financing vendor. The amount awarded was $12,221,994 less than the $90,556,707 included in the Company's application and the Company has subsequently provided further supporting documentation to the Department of Treasury to support and request this shortfall. Ongoing communication and numerous discussions with the Department of Treasury have been positive to-date. While the Company is hopeful that an additional amount will be received, the timing and amount are uncertain and therefore the Company has not accrued this shortfall in its financial statements as at September 30, 2012.
- On October 31, 2012, the Company was in compliance with its Windstar senior secured notes agreement covenants and received its first distribution of $2,307,622.
- On November 16, 2012, the Company's subsidiary Western Wind Energy US Corporation closed a $25,000,000 corporate loan. The corporate loan is structured in two parts, with the first draw of $15,000,000 being available immediately for repayment of the Company's existing corporate bridge financing, and is secured by a lien on future Windstar cash distributions and an equity interest in its direct borrowing subsidiaries. The term of the loan will be for five (5) years and with an interest rate hedge, the annual interest rate will not exceed 11.5% for the term of the loan. The second commitment of $10,000,000 would be available to partially fund the Company's equity contribution and/or the REC promissory note to the Yabucoa solar project and to facilitate financial close of project financing, and will be secured by a lien on future Yabucoa cash distributions and an equity interest in its direct borrowing subsidiaries. The Yabucoa commitment under the corporate loan agreement expires May 16, 2013 and a commitment fee of 4% per annum is charged on the undrawn amount. As partial consideration for advancing the loan, the Company issued to the Lender an aggregate of 400,000 share purchase warrants for a five (5) year term and an exercise price of $2.50 per share for a period of five (5) years after the date the Lender's Warrants are issued. In addition, the Company will grant the Lender a security interest in and to certain of its projects and assets as security for the facility.
- On November 16, 2012 the Company received $15,000,000 from its first draw on the corporate loan. These proceeds were used to pay the arrangement fee, transactions costs and to repay the following corporate bridge financing, extinguishing all terms and conditions of the respective agreements; the $778,287 loan was repaid; the $2,220,000 loan was repaid, the $2,764,395 loan was repaid, and a partial payment of $4,373,498 was paid on the $5,070,840 loan.
SELECTED QUARTERLY INFORMATION Three Months Ended Nine Months Ended September 30 September 30 2012 2011 2012 2011 $ $ $ $ Total operating revenues 8,353,723 747,281 27,641,941 2,305,843 Adjusted EBITDA (788,828) (1,282,278) 12,121,114 (2,842,028) Net earnings (loss) 8,524,018 (1,581,610) 10,254,631 (3,214,675) Adjusted EBITDA per share - Basic $ (0.01) $ (0.02) $ 0.19 $ (0.05) - Diluted $ (0.01) $ (0.02) $ 0.19 $ (0.05) Earnings (loss) per share - Basic $ 0.13 $ (0.03) $ 0.16 $ (0.06) - Diluted $ 0.13 $ (0.03) $ 0.16 $ (0.06) Weighted average commons shares outstanding - Basic 65,745,516 59,850,396 63,519,756 58,180,213 - Diluted 67,163,980 59,850,396 64,709,149 58,180,213
RESULTS OF OPERATIONS
For the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, operating revenues increased from $747,281 to $8,353,723, and from $2,305,843 to $27,641,941, compared to operating revenues for the 2011 comparative periods, respectively. This increase in operating revenues was driven by a 408% increase in energy production to 63,944MWh (2011 - 12,591MWh) and by a 389% increase in energy production to 234,202MWh (2011 - 47,914MWh) for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, respectively, due to the additional energy production and sales from the newly operational Windstar and Kingman generating facilities.
For the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012, adjusted earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, and other expenses or income ("Adjusted EBITDA") increased to a loss of $(788,828), or a negative $0.01 per share, compared to a loss of $(1,282,278) (negative $0.01 per share) and increased to $12,121,114, or a positive $0.19 per share, compared to a loss of $(2,842,028) (negative $0.05 per share) the 2011 comparative periods.
Net Earnings (Loss)
For the three and none months ended September 30, 2012, net earnings increased to $8,524,018, or a positive $0.13 per share, compared to a net loss of $(1,581,610), or a loss of $(0.03) per share, and to $10,254,621, or a positive $0.16 per share, compared to a net loss of $(3,214,675), or a loss of $(0.06) per share.
NON-GAAP PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Adjusted EBITDA, and Adjusted EBITDA per share, are non-GAAP performance measures that management uses to assess the amount of cash generated by the Company, and to measure the operating performance of the Company, excluding the effects of interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, and other expenses or income. Management measures performance, excluding these items, as they may be non-cash, unusual in nature, and/or are not factors used by management for evaluating the operating performance of the Company. Adjusted EBITDA, and Adjusted EBITDA per share, are not recognized measures under GAAP, and therefore, may not be comparable with those presented by other reporting issuers. Further, Adjusted EBITDA is not intended to be representative of cash flows from operating activities or the results of operations as determined in accordance with GAAP. However, the Company believes that these measures are important, as they provide management and the reader with additional information about its operating, and cash generating capabilities, and facilitates the comparison of results over different periods.
ABOUT WESTERN WIND ENERGY CORP.
Western Wind Energy is a vertically integrated renewable energy production company that currently owns wind and solar generation facilities with 165MW of rated capacity in production, in the States of California and Arizona. Western Wind further owns substantial development assets for both solar and wind energy in the U.S. and Canada. The Company is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and has branch offices in Scottsdale, Arizona and Tehachapi, California. Western Wind trades on the Toronto Venture Exchange under the symbol "WND", and in the United States on the OTCQX under the symbol "WNDEF".
The Company owns and operates three wind energy generation facilities in California, and one fully integrated combined wind and solar energy generation facility in Arizona. The three operating wind generation facilities in California are comprised of the 120MW Windstar, 4.5MW Windridge facilities in Tehachapi, and the 30MW Mesa wind generation facility near Palm Springs. The facility in Arizona is the Company's 10.5MW Kingman integrated solar and wind facility. The Company is further developing wind and solar energy projects in California, Arizona, and Puerto Rico.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jeffrey J. Ciachurski
President & Chief Executive Officer
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT ON FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION
This news release contains certain statements that may be considered "forward-looking statements, such as references to the intended sale of Western Wind Energy Corp. and its assets. Forward looking statements are statements that are not historical facts and are generally, but not always, identified by the words "expects", "plans", "anticipates", "believes", "intends", "estimates", "projects", "potential" and similar expressions, or that events or conditions "will", "would", "may", "could" or "should" occur. The forward-looking statements in this press release include statements regarding the intention of the Company to complete the sale of the Company or its assets. The forward-looking statements included in this press release are based on reasonable assumptions, including that the Company will be able to successfully identify a prospective buyer, negotiate the terms of sale and satisfy all conditions required to complete the sale. Factors that may cause results to vary from anticipations include the risk that the proxy dispute with Sativr may disrupt and impede the sale process, the risk that the Company may not be able to successfully identify a buyer, negotiate acceptable terms or obtain all applicable government, regulatory and shareholder consents required to complete the sale, that the terms of those consents may not be acceptable to the Company, or, assuming the Company is able to successfully complete the sale, the Company is not able to achieve expected results following such sale. Although Western Wind Energy Corp. believes the expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results may differ materially from those contained in forward looking statements. Forward looking statements are based on the beliefs, estimates and opinions of Western Wind Energy Corp.'s management on the date the statements are made. Western Wind Energy Corp. undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements in the event that management's beliefs, estimates or opinions, or other factors, should change, except as required by law.
 Refer to "Non-GAAP Performance Measures"
For further information:
Investor Relations Contact:
Tel: +1(416) 992-7227
Email: [email protected]
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,231
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,414
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,423
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,606
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Oct. 25, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 397
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 34,201
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,015
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,671
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,699
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 25, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,063
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,950
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 25, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 8,489
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,821
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,146
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:42 AM EDT Reads: 254
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,623
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,131