|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Coty Inc., a new emerging leader in beauty, announced today the signing of multifaceted singer, songwriter and entertainer Katy Perry to develop and market her own line of signature fragrances. As part of the project, Coty will also distribute the artist's successful existing fragrance portfolio, comprised of Purr and Meow!, effective immediately.
Perry joins Coty's impressive list of brands that include Calvin Klein, Chloe, Marc Jacobs and Playboy, among many others.
Eight-time Grammy nominee Katy Perry is one of the best-selling recording artists of this era. Her monumental album Teenage Dream, which has sold more than 5 million copies and 50 million single downloads to date, has remained in the Top 40 album charts since its release two years ago. Perry is a global superstar, touring the world with sold out arenas, including 124 live shows in her 2011 California Dreams tour. The tour is documented in this summer's hit 3D feature "Katy Perry: Part of Me," which is already the fourth biggest music documentary of all time.
"We are thrilled to have an artist as creative and talented as Katy Perry join us at Coty," said Renato Semerari, president, Coty Beauty. "Katy is original and daring—her unique approach to music and life will serve as the inspiration behind her innovative new scents and allow us to explore new avenues of scent creation."
"I am honored to be working with Coty, which has produced some of my favorite fragrances," said Perry. "I'm excited to share what's next in my perfumed world as well as making Purr and Meow! more accessible worldwide!"
For additional information about Coty and its portfolio of fragrances, color cosmetics and skin and body care products, please visit www.coty.com
About Coty Inc.
Coty is a new emerging leader in beauty with net revenues of $4.6 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Founded in Paris in 1904, Coty is a pure play beauty company with a portfolio of well-known fragrances, color cosmetics and skin & body care products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Coty's product offerings include such global brands as adidas, Calvin Klein, Chloe, Davidoff, Marc Jacobs, OPI, philosophy, Playboy, Rimmel and Sally Hansen.
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com
About Katy Perry
Katy Perry has cemented her status as a best-selling superstar with the global success of her second studio album, Teenage Dream, which debuted at #1 in 8 countries and has spent every week in Billboard's Top 200 album sales chart since its release 2 years ago. She became the only female artist to have 5 #1 singles from one album on the Billboard Hot 100 chart ("California Gurls," "Teenage Dream," "Firework," "E.T." and "Last Friday Night"). The recently-released special edition, Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, added "Part of Me" and "Wide Awake" to Katy's list of nine Top 40 chart-toppers (dating back to her multi-platinum debut album, 2008's One of the Boys, which generated four hit singles: "I Kissed A Girl," "Hot N Cold," "Thinking of You" and "Waking Up In Vegas"). In 2011, she sold out arenas around the globe on her California Dreams Tour. The tour was the subject of this year's 3D feature film, Katy Perry: Part Of Me, which is already the fourth biggest music documentary of all time, outpacing films from Madonna, U2, and the Rolling Stones.
SOURCE Coty Inc.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#