|By PR Newswire||
|November 25, 2012 06:01 AM EST||
AIRPORT CITY, Israel, November 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- 9% Revenue Growth compared with Q3 last year - to NIS 1.4 billion
- Cash Flows from Operating Activities totaled NIS 132 million, compared with NIS 49 million in Q3 last year
Ofer Kotler, CEO of Shikun & Binui: "The Group continues to develop its diverse growth engines. The results of these processes will bear fruit in the coming quarters and will support the creation of value for our shareholders."
Shikun & Binui Ltd. (TASE: SKBN.TA) ("Shikun & Binui" or the "Company"), a member of the Arison Group and Israel's leading infrastructure and real estate company, announced today its results for the third quarter ended September 30th, 2012.
Noteworthy events during and subsequent to the third quarter and key results:
- The Group's orders backlog in the construction and infrastructure segments totaled NIS 10.5 billion at the end of the third quarter, of which NIS 7.7 billion ($2 billion) originates in the backlog of projects outside of Israel.
- Shikun&Binui Solel Boneh Infrastructures further strengthened its leadership position in the infrastructures segment, and was awarded the tender for construction of the State Controller's Building in Jerusalem. The project scope is NIS 126 million and is to be built in 33 months.
- Shikun&Binui Solel Boneh SBI was awarded a roadwork project by the Nigerian Government, totaling $390 million with a construction period of approx. 3 years.
- Shikun&Binui Real Estate sold 237 housing units in the third quarter of 2012 for a total of NIS 343 million. In the first nine months of the year, 543 residential units were sold for a total of NIS 782 million.
- Shikun&Binui Renewable Energy began construction of three solar projects in the Negev, for production of 17 megawatts of electricity. Furthermore, the acquisition of "Paz Solar", was completed.
- In the termo-solar Ashalim Project, Abengoa a Spanish company is expected to replace Siemens as the partner in the project.
- Concurrent with the approval of the financial statements for the third quarter, the Group's board of directors approved the distribution of a dividend to its shareholders of NIS 80 million. During 2012, the Group distributed dividends totaling NIS 250 million.
- The Company submitted a bid in the concession tender for construction and operation of the State Archives.
- The Group's bid as part of an international consortium in a tender in Texas, US, was not accepted.
Revenues from projects and sales totaled NIS 1.37 billion this quarter, growth of 8.7% compared with the third quarter of last year.
Most of the growth was driven by the revenues of the infrastructure and construction outside of Israel segment, with a growth of 21% compared with Q3 of 2011, reaching NIS 729 million. The infrastructure and construction outside of Israel revenues were impacted by the shekel-dollar exchange rate which, in the third quarter of 2012, added NIS 80 million to revenues compared to the third quarter of last year.
The real estate development in Israel segment posted growth of 14.6% compared with the third quarter of last year, reaching NIS 228 million, driven mainly by the increase in the average price of an apartment that was delivered to customers.
The revenues of the concessions segment decreased to NIS 23 million (from NIS 85 million in Q3 of last year), due to completion of the BOT tender to rehabilitate roads in Northern Israel.
Gross profit totaled NIS 243 million (17.7% of revenues) this quarter, growth of 2.5% compared with the third quarter of 2011 (18.8% of revenues). Growth of NIS 37 million in the gross profit of the real estate development in Israel segment was offset by a decrease in the gross profit of the real estate development outside of Israel segment (total of NIS 13 million), due to the impairment provision of NIS 14 million on land in Hungary and the decrease in the infrastructure and construction outside of Israel segment (totaling NIS 13 million).
Administrative and general expenses contracted in the quarter by 12% compared with Q3 of last year, to a total of NIS 80 million (5.8% of revenues). The decrease was mainly due to the decline in expenses for the mega-tenders in which the Group participated, mainly in view of the deferral of the timetables by the procurers.
Other operating expenses totaled NIS 14 million, compared with NIS 1 million posted in the third quarter of 2011. The expenses derived from a NIS 6 million loss from the issuance of capital in ADO (an affiliate) to an institutional investor and from a NIS 7.2 million provision for balances whose realization is doubtful.
Operating profit totaled NIS 143 million (10.4% of revenues), growth of 4.5% compared with Q3 of 2011 (10.8% of revenues). After neutralizing the other operating expenses posted by the Group during the quarter, operating profit totaled NIS 157 million (11.4% of revenues), growth of 13.8% compared with the third quarter of last year.
Net financing costs totaled NIS 43 million, compared with NIS 28 million in Q3 of last year, and were attributable mainly to long-term credit.
Group equity in losses of investees totaled NIS 10 million, compared with profit of NIS 4 million in the second quarter of 2011 that included a reversal of a provision in Gilatz Spanish PV project.
Net profit totaled NIS 71 million, compared with NIS 82 million in the third quarter of last year, which included income of NIS 18 million from the reversal of a provision for losses in Spain. After neutralizing this income, net profit in Q3 of 2011 totaled NIS 64 million, and net profit in the reporting period posted growth of 11%.
Cash flows from operating activities totaled NIS 132 million.
Equity totaled NIS 1.2 billion on 30.9.12, compared with NIS 969 million at the end of 2011.
The Group does not revalue its investment property, which is presented in the financial statements at historical cost.
The Company has cash and cash equivalents balances totaling NIS 1 billion and an unutilized credit facility totaling NIS 791 million.
Total assets in the balance sheet amounted to NIS 10.3 billion.
Doron Balchar, Group's CFO: "The Group has strong financial resources, from operations and from the capital market. We continue to benefit fromthe faith of investors and the capital market - our partners who enable us to propel the Group forward.
Condensed Results for the First Nine Months of 2012 (NIS millions):
1-9/2012 1-9/2011 Revenues 4,700 3,927 927 836 Gross profit 19.7% 21.3% Gross margin Administrative and general expenses 247 256 Other operating income (expenses) (9) 77 651 643 Operating profit 13.9% 16.4% Operating profit margin Taxes on income (135) (119) Net profit 367 375
About Shikun & Binui
Shikun & Binui, a member of the Arison Group, is the leading infrastructure and real estate company in Israel. The Group's subsidiaries have been operating since 1924. The Group's companies have gained extensive experience in complex construction and infrastructure projects in Israel and abroad. Shikun & Binui Group has proven achievements in building, residential neighborhoods, commercial and industrial buildings, as well as large-scale transportation, infrastructure and ecological projects, water purification and desalination and development of international projects. In addition, Shikun & Binui also operates in the initiating, planning, construction and operation of projects in renewable energy. Shikun & Binui is a leading, multi-faceted and socially responsible international group that produces balance between the business, social and environmental accomplishment. The group places emphasis on honesty, transparency, innovation, and excellence. The group has accepted upon itself a leadership role in creation of a sustainable and progressive life environment.
The above noted in this release includes forward-looking statements based on Company data, as well as Company plans and estimations based on this data. The activity, results and other data may be substantially different in reality given uncertainty and various risks, including those discussed under risk factors in the Company's financial statements and Director's reports.
Shikun & Binui Ltd.
Condensed Consolidated Interim Statement of Financial Position as at
September September December 30 30 31 2012 2011 2011 (Unaudited) (Audited) NIS NIS NIS thousands thousands thousands Assets Cash and cash equivalents 1,059,749 999,868 1,255,476 Bank deposits 152,866 205,692 148,320 Short-term loans and investments 193,304 71,295 107,061 Short-term loans to investee companies 14,649 259,413 139,266 Trade receivables - accrued income 1,617,952 1,164,852 1,210,838 Inventory of buildings held for sale 1,645,078 1,518,346 1,529,088 Receivables and debit balances 298,189 342,537 261,329 Other investments, including derivatives 2,797 916 1,375 Current tax assets 32,723 63,224 78,360 Inventory 310,026 277,991 292,549 Assets classified as held for sale 2,326 2,326 2,326 Total current assets 5,329,659 4,906,460 5,025,988 Receivables in respect of concession arrangements 601,616 453,564 516,598 Non-current inventory of land (freehold) 438,828 411,204 406,788 Non-current inventory of land (leasehold) 386,932 317,989 334,090 Investment property, net 373,179 315,754 310,291 Land rights 16,246 17,202 16,096 Long-term prepaid expenses 4,072 4,965 5,884 Receivables, loans and deposits 323,538 173,570 284,353 Investments in equity-accounted investees 526,456 585,876 562,240 Loans to investee companies 949,052 780,872 806,207 Deferred tax assets 91,261 88,545 93,518 Property, plant and equipment, net 1,109,224 1,140,713 1,138,974 Intangible assets, net 125,618 95,235 106,419 Total non-current assets 4,946,022 4,385,489 4,581,458 Total assets 10,275,681 9,291,949 9,607,446
Condensed Consolidated Interim Statement of Financial Position as at (cont'd)
September September December 30 30 31 2012 2011 2011 (Unaudited) (Audited) NIS NIS NIS thousands thousands thousands Liabilities Short-term credit from banks and others 1,100,548 851,012 895,863 Subcontractors and trade payables 977,971 981,298 1,009,226 Short-term employee benefits 45,825 54,198 63,952 Payables and credit balances including derivatives 571,368 503,874 499,030 Current tax liabilities 96,890 123,337 107,204 Provisions 379,187 227,132 271,701 Payables - customer work orders 561,285 637,179 794,325 Advances received from customers 963,548 918,680 901,049 Dividend payable 48,415 - 12,947 Total current liabilities 4,745,037 4,296,710 4,555,297 Liabilities to banks and others 1,874,121 1,449,168 1,600,494 Debentures 2,189,960 2,248,805 2,247,226 Employee benefits 93,878 135,650 112,005 Deferred tax liabilities 53,915 28,436 43,896 Provisions 50,442 41,550 43,756 Excess of accumulated losses over cost of investment and deferred credit balance in investee companies 38,460 31,277 35,388 Total non-current liabilities 4,300,776 3,934,886 4,082,765 Total liabilities 9,045,813 8,231,596 8,638,062 Equity Total equity attributable to owners of the Company 1,077,703 950,288 864,593 Non-controlling interests 152,165 110,065 104,791 Total equity 1,229,868 1,060,353 969,384 Total liabilities and equity 10,275,681 9,291,949 9,607,446
Condensed Consolidated Interim Statement of Income
For the For the nine-month For the three-month year period ended period ended ended September September September December September 30 30 30 30 31 2012 2011 2012 2011 2011 (Unaudited) (Unaudited) (Audited) NIS NIS NIS NIS NIS thousands thousands thousands thousands thousands Revenues from work performed and sales 4,700,152 3,927,283 1,371,302 1,261,672 5,335,126 Cost of work performed and sales 3,773,106 (*) 3,091,016 1,128,733 (*)1,024,879 (*) 4,291,386 Gross profit 927,046 836,267 242,569 236,793 1,043,740 Gain on sale of investment property 4,902 10,403 - 869 50,819 Selling and marketing expenses (24,965) (*) (24,439) (6,356) (*)(10,644) (*)(33,542) Administrative and general expenses (246,848) (256,297) (80,079) (91,223) (342,880) Other operating income 16,152 88,486 763 2,932 89,760 Other operating expenses (25,415) (11,866) (14,329) (2,273) (8,351) Operating profit 650,872 642,554 142,568 136,454 799,546 Financing income 160,579 168,630 62,918 55,875 179,588 Financing expenses (285,897) (285,727) (106,089) (83,481) (346,407) Net financing expenses (125,318) (117,097) (43,171) (27,606) (166,819) Share of profits (losses) of equity accounted investees (net of tax) (23,036) (31,541) (9,806) 3,835 (44,593) Profit before taxes on income 502,518 493,916 89,591 112,683 588,134 Taxes on income (135,381) (118,687) (19,045) (30,253) (143,913) Profit for the period 367,137 375,229 70,546 82,430 444,221 Attributable to: Owners of the Company 341,723 351,246 63,162 76,491 412,668 Non-controlling interests 25,414 23,983 7,384 5,939 31,553 367,137 375,229 70,546 82,430 444,221 Basic earnings per share (in NIS) 0.86 0.89 0.16 0.19 1.04 Diluted earnings per share (in NIS) 0.86 0.88 0.16 0.19 1.03 Number of shares used in the computation of basic earnings per share (in thousands) 397,986 396,460 398,033 397,896 396,882 Number of shares used in the computation of diluted earnings per share (in thousands) 398,390 399,599 398,343 398,918 399,495
For the nine month period ended September 30, 2012 Infrastructures and Infrastructures Real estate construction and Real estate development outside of construction development outside of Israel in Israel in Israel Israel Concessions (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 2,477,084 1,118,130 870,344 12,124 106,077 Inter-segment revenues - 232,868 57 - - Total revenues 2,477,084 1,350,998 870,401 12,124 106,077 Segment profit (loss) before income tax 380,082 43,134 272,006 (12,303) 41,729
For the nine month period ended September 30, 2012 Renewable energy Water Other Adjustments Consolidated (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 87,573 28,820 - - 4,700,152 Inter-segment revenues - - - (232,925) - Total revenues 87,573 28,820 - (232,925) 4,700,152 Segment profit (loss) before income tax (21,520) (11,249) (2,234) (187,127) 502,518
For the nine month period ended September 30, 2011 Infrastructures and Infrastructures Real estate construction and Real estate development outside of construction development outside of Israel in Israel in Israel Israel Concessions (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 2,042,419 850,829 698,533 3,681 229,520 Inter-segment revenues - 299,349 3,812 - - Total revenues 2,042,419 1,150,178 702,345 3,681 229,520 Segment profit (loss) before income tax 378,370 34,173 228,507 30,497 50,574
For the nine month period ended September 30, 2011 Renewable energy Water Other Adjustments Consolidated (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 73,189 29,112 - - 3,927,283 Inter-segment revenues - - - (303,161) - Total revenues 73,189 29,112 - (303,161) 3,927,283 Segment profit (loss) before income tax (18,886) (13,110) (6,160) (190,049) 493,916
Operating Segments (cont'd)
For the three month period ended September 30, 2012 Infrastructures and Infrastructures Real estate construction and Real estate development outside of construction development outside of Israel in Israel in Israel Israel Concessions (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 729,439 345,091 228,235 7,185 23,017 Inter-segment revenues - 89,051 19 - - Total revenues 729,439 434,142 228,254 7,185 23,017 Segment profit (loss) before income tax 90,936 10,381 76,572 (17,663) 15,690
For the three month period ended September 30, 2012 Renewable energy Water Other Adjustments Consolidated (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 26,609 11,726 - - 1,371,302 Inter-segment revenues - - - (89,070) - Total revenues 26,609 11,726 - (89,070) 1,371,302 Segment profit (loss) before income tax (8,396) (3,536) (841) (73,552) 89,591
For the three month period ended September 30, 2011 Infrastructures and Infrastructures Real estate construction and Real estate development outside of construction development outside of Israel in Israel in Israel Israel Concessions (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 603,296 331,039 199,434 1,549 84,299 Inter-segment revenues - 109,448 22 - - Total revenues 603,296 440,487 199,456 1,549 84,299 Segment profit (loss) before income tax 103,553 11,155 51,338 (18,729) 11,899
For the three month period ended September 30, 2011 Renewable energy Water Other Adjustments Consolidated (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 31,048 11,007 - - 1,261,672 Inter-segment revenues - - - (109,470) - Total revenues 31,048 11,007 - (109,470) 1,261,672 Segment profit (loss) before income tax 10,900 (5,478) (391) (51,564) 112,683
Operating Segments (cont'd)
For the year ended December 31, 2011 Infrastructures and Infrastructures Real estate construction and Real estate development outside of construction development outside of Israel in Israel in Israel Israel Concessions (Audited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 2,726,917 1,238,429 935,907 4,858 227,361 Inter-segment revenues - 376,161 3,834 - - Total revenues 2,726,917 1,614,590 939,741 4,858 277,361 Segment profit (loss) before income tax 443,923 47,640 302,641 314 78,017
For the year ended December 31, 2011 Renewable energy Water Other Adjustments Consolidated (Unaudited) NIS thousands Total external revenues 112,947 38,707 - - 5,335,126 Inter-segment revenues - - - (379,995) - Total revenues 112,947 38,707 - (379,995) 5,335,126 Segment profit (loss) before income tax (29,719) (12,233) (10,308) (232,141) 588,134
Doron Blachar, CFO
Shikun & Binui
email: [email protected]
Investor Relations Contacts:
GK Investor Relations
email: [email protected]
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 23, 2014
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#