|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 01:19 PM EST||
LONDON, November 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
As part of an ongoing commitment to engage with the leading minds currently working within the marketing industry, Technology for Marketing & Advertising (TFM&A) recently held, in conjunction with the IDM, its first Advisory Panel to inform and guide the content and direction of the show in line with market trends and concerns.
The main points emerging from this debate highlighted the importance of a comprehensive education programme giving air-time to expert opinions from big brands and debate surrounding the most pertinent issues in the market. The panel were particularly keen to see two sides of an argument presented and debated by media voices and pitching experts. Keynotes delivered by specialists in more 'leftfield' disciplines such as futurology and psychology was also a proposition which was met by enthusiasm from the panel.
Visitor VIP provisions were also discussed with niche networking events on the show floor and pre-arranged appointments at the top of the wish list from the board members.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, a key theme which was repeatedly raised was data - the emergence of big data, how we should be analysing it and how we can make it work for us. It is clear that this is at the top of the agenda for most, if not all, marketers.
TFM&A Group Event Manager, Kevin Pearce said:
"We're delighted to have brought together such an impressive and forward thinking group from the IDM's advisory councils. It's obviously essential for us as event organisers to ensure that our offering is always up to date and tackling the most current issues within marketing and technology. It was particularly exciting for us to hear, in line with feedback we are receiving from throughout the industry, that big data is very much at the forefront of marketing strategy. My favourite quote to come out of the board was 'Analysis Paralysis - let the data do the decision making'. We'll certainly be making sure that our seminar programme reflects all of our industry insight research and I very much look forward to the next session."
Held at the Bleeding Heart Restaurant in London and run in association with IDM, the panel comprised of professionals from the IDM's specialist councils specialising in B2B, digital and data from both client and agency backgrounds.
IDM B2B Council Member Richard Robinson from Google said:
"I was delighted to participate in this initiative to support TFM&A in keeping up to date with an ever-evolving digital world. It's crucial to ensure that we fully utilise the expanding capabilities for targeted marketing that technology offers and it's also fantastic to dedicate time to come together as a peer group, discover what's out there and benchmark with one another."
IDM Council Member Participants*:
Adrian Gregory, F IDM, Chairman, DQM Group
Richard Robinson, Industry Leader, Google
Chris Schaumann, Director, Expertise and Capability Development, Digital & Social Innovation & Transformation, Nokia Global Marketing
Paul Cash, Chief Innovation Officer, OTM London
Simon J. Hughes, Senior Marketing Manager, Global Marketing Operations, Microsoft
Lisa Turner, Marketing Director, IDM
Sheree Hiller, Programme Development Manager, IDM
TFM&A will take place at Earls Court, London on the 26th and 27th of February. It is free to attend for pre-registered visitors.
* Additional members of the panel who were unable to attend are:
Sarah Evans, Head of Mobile Internet Products, O2 UK
Robin Mackenzie, Head of Marketing, Vodafone Group Services
Andrew Buckley, Vice-President for Product Management, American Express
About UBM Live (organiser of TFM&A http://www.t-f-m.co.uk)
UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
About the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (http://theidm.com)
The IDM is the UK's only government-approved Institute for the professional development of direct and digital marketers, offering a broad range of practitioner-taught training courses and ten internationally recognised professional marketing qualifications. It is also a membership organisation, providing status, knowledge and networking opportunities to today's senior marketers, and an educational trust, supplying learning materials to higher education alongside initiatives to help university graduates take their first steps in the marketing profession.
SOURCE UBM Live
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Grabbing the Supply Chain Bull by the Horns
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#