|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 10:06 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the wake of the United States presidential election, Credit Suisse Private Banking USA convened its annual Wealth Management Conference in San Francisco on November 16, 2012. Focused on the theme of finding opportunity amidst uncertainty, speakers and panelists discussed the challenges facing investors as a result of a convergence of pivotal political and economic events in both developed and developing markets. Former British Prime Minister Sir John Major delivered the keynote address.
More than 200 investors participated in the conference. In addition to the keynote speech, Daniel Pink, bestselling author of several books about the changing world of work, spoke to attendees about the science of motivation. Credit Suisse experts also gave presentations about the investment landscape based on current data and historical perspectives.
Credit Suisse Managing Directors Peter Skoglund, Head of Private Banking USA, and Mike Nies, who heads the bank's San Francisco office, delivered opening remarks. They discussed how the conference supported Credit Suisse's commitment to helping clients navigate global economic uncertainty.
In the keynote session, Sir John Major discussed the twin crises of Europe and the Middle East. "We meet at a very interesting time in terms of what is happening around the world. I can scarcely imagine a time when quite so much was happening, in quite so many different places, and in quite such a remarkable fashion," said Sir John, who cautioned investors not to write off opportunities in Europe. "The Euro will survive – and will thrive – after a bumpy period," he said.
The conference featured interactive polling with wireless keypads, which allowed participants to respond instantly to questions. Sixty percent of attendees said they believe the United States economy will grow one to two percent in 2013. Meanwhile, a plurality said that of all the challenges over the next 12 months, America's fiscal cliff worries them the most.
The Wealth Management Conference in San Francisco was the fourth of the year for Credit Suisse Private Banking USA. The three prior conferences took place in New York, Chicago and Miami.
Credit Suisse AG
Credit Suisse AG is one of the world's leading financial services providers and is part of the Credit Suisse group of companies (referred to here as 'Credit Suisse'). As an integrated bank, Credit Suisse offers clients its combined expertise in the areas of private banking, investment banking and asset management. Credit Suisse provides advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally, as well as to retail clients in Switzerland. Credit Suisse is headquartered in Zurich and operates in over 50 countries worldwide. The group employs approximately 48,400 people. The registered shares (CSGN) of Credit Suisse's parent company, Credit Suisse Group AG, are listed in Switzerland and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (CS), in New York. Further information about Credit Suisse can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.
In Private Banking, Credit Suisse provides comprehensive advice and a broad range of wealth management solutions, including pension planning, life insurance products and wealth and inheritance advice, which are tailored to the needs of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals worldwide. In Switzerland Credit Suisse supplies banking products and services to individual clients, corporates and institutions.
SOURCE Credit Suisse AG
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Ukraine Has Potential in Midst of Chaos
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Research and Markets: Global Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Market 2014-2018 with Cisco, Fortinet, General Dynamics, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Raytheon & Symantec Dominating
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- Is Business Transformation a Dirty Word(s)?
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Big Data, Cloud and Mobile - Converging Technology Trends
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Big Data Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Microsoft SharePoint at a Crossroads – Opportunities & Challenges Abound
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Google Maps and ASP.NET
- Converting VB6 to VB.NET, Part I
- How to Write High-Performance C# Code
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Crystal Reports XI & How It Has Changed
- Creating Controls for.NET Compact Framework in Visual Studio 2005
- Programmatically Posting Data to ASP .NET Web Applications
- Implementing Tab Navigation with ASP.NET 2.0
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- i-Technology Viewpoint: "SOA Sucks"
- .NET Archives: Getting Reacquainted with the Father of C#